Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anti-morph

Anti-morph

I know it's been suggested before but it needs re-iterating.

A nano or other means of removing the advy morph mesh but retaining the buff from it would be highly valued by alot of players.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

This should not be implemented until/unless all nanos become visible in target NCU window.
    Instability:
    Humlebien
    Neophyte
    Whereishumle
    Callmebetty
    Humlox
    Betty
    Melankolia

Quote Originally Posted by Humlee View Post
    This should not be implemented until/unless all nanos become visible in target NCU window.
    Why?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Only if the visual is applied to everyone, but if it's only a client side change for the person running the anti-morph it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Why?
    Because if you can't tell what morph someone is using, you don't know if they're pushing def, off, hp etc so it's harder for you to `know` what you should do to counter.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Because if you can't tell what morph someone is using, you don't know if they're pushing def, off, hp etc so it's harder for you to `know` what you should do to counter.
    But that's silly. How do you know what FP an Agent is in (besides hitting T)? How do you know what auras a Keeper is running? How do you know if someone has NR8 Perked? How do you know what Focus an NT is pushing?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Normally you can't see other people's NCU at all which wouldn't make this suggestion any different. Remember that adv morphs are nothing more than buffs and not nearly powerful enough they require such obvious, ugly, and camera angle screwing visual effects.

As a player with an adventurer main (melee gimp for life, etc. etc.), all I can say is... "Oh God, yes please."
    Proud Leaders and Members of Obsidian Order: Our Recruitment Thread!
    Khaldore: 220/30 Advie // Khalculus: 220/27 Engi // Medsareus: 209/20 Doc // Khalicokat: 196/20 Shade
    Phearitself: 210/22 Enf // Politikhal: 200/24 Crat // Khavalier: 218/24 Keeper // Gridburst: 203/24 Fix
    Various other random alts.

Necromachina: In AnarchyOnline Engineers play you? Technogen: God, that explains so much more than I ever wanted to know.
    Snakebite: OH GOD! OH GOD! THERE'S SMOKE EVERYWHERE! HAS ANYONE SEEN THE OFFICE CAT???
    Anarrina: I think this issue has been sufficiently discussed. If you have any further questions, please contact life support or email.

Only if the visual is applied to everyone, but if it's only a client side change for the person running the anti-morph it's fine.
    Didnt think of that, yea just do it client side and we're good.
    Instability:
    Humlebien
    Neophyte
    Whereishumle
    Callmebetty
    Humlox
    Betty
    Melankolia

Oh, for the love of God, yes please! Do it! I'm sick of the ugly mash. Client side only would be the best, but if it's impossible, anyway would be ok. I know the devs can do it.
    Last edited by Ollydar; Jan 30th, 2015 at 18:47:21.

Even simpler would be to give advies new sl nano lines with exactly the same effects as morph nano lines, but without the need to be morphed. Instead, have a mini pet follow them when nano is active, in the shape of a tiny corresponding morph, a wolf or a panther, so pvpers would be happy.

For another possible solution, check out this old post:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...ght=adventurer
    Last edited by Ollydar; Feb 7th, 2015 at 13:18:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollydar View Post
    Even simpler would be to give advies new sl nano lines with exactly the same effects as morph nano lines, but without the need to be morphed. Instead, have a mini pet follow them when nano is active, in the shape of a tiny corresponding morph, a wolf or a panther, so pvpers would be happy.

For another possible solution, check out this old post:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...ght=adventurer
    So wait, ur solution to "forcing" people to morph is instead forcing people to have a pet.

Only sensible solution so far was the one to allow for morphs to be turned off, but ONLY client-side.
    Instability:
    Humlebien
    Neophyte
    Whereishumle
    Callmebetty
    Humlox
    Betty
    Melankolia

but ONLY client-side.
    Why? You have yet to give me a reason that actually makes sense. I debunked the whole 'so you know what buffs the Advy is using' rubbish earlier in the thread.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Thing is, I doubt client-side change would be managable, or at least managable by FC at its present state. It would mean that you see yourself running while others see your morph bounding around. If someone with more technical knowledge can prove otherwise, then I'm cool.
    Last edited by Ollydar; Feb 7th, 2015 at 16:17:41.

I liked the morphs as they gave a visual notification of when the buff ran out. Parrot cancelling when entering grid and alot of buildings, it helped to remind me it needed recasting. I had an adv on a second account which I no longer use so its a moot point really as I no longer care what happens to the prof but I liked the morphs, they fit in with the prof description and storylines. The longer the game runs, the further from description/storylines the profs seem to get. Shame. Canceling client side would be cool for the people that dislike so much but I don't understand the hate, why do people play a prof largely based on morphs off you dislike morphs so much?

Quote Originally Posted by gresh View Post
    The longer the game runs, the further from description/storylines the profs seem to get. Shame.
    What? There are ppl who don't play AO for the storyline. I'm shocked :P
    Last edited by Ollydar; Feb 7th, 2015 at 16:31:11.

Quote Originally Posted by gresh View Post
    I liked the morphs as they gave a visual notification of when the buff ran out. Parrot cancelling when entering grid and alot of buildings, it helped to remind me it needed recasting. I had an adv on a second account which I no longer use so its a moot point really as I no longer care what happens to the prof but I liked the morphs, they fit in with the prof description and storylines. The longer the game runs, the further from description/storylines the profs seem to get. Shame. Canceling client side would be cool for the people that dislike so much but I don't understand the hate, why do people play a prof largely based on morphs off you dislike morphs so much?
    There is literally nothing in PwH that comes even remotely close to explaining Morphs and Adventurers in general. The only supporting storyline information is actually attached to the morph nanos themselves.

Beyond that, it's a horribly out of place system in a timeline and setting that doesn't support it.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Prophet without honor isnt the only storyline. There are storylines that run throughout the game as you play. The actual description on character selection screen talks of studying the animal and of learning its ways. The nano descriptions relay some of the storyline, the xan quests relay some storylne and adventurers get a morph as reward to one of them.

To say its out of place and unsupported is untrue. The fact they are heavily based on morphs shows this was by design. It I only an opinion that its a horrible out of place system.

Just make change to the new adv morph nano's before or while 18.7 is on Test-Live ... they are already being changed. Modify them to check for xxx-nano is running rather than while in xxx-morph-form and then remove the visual effect of being morphed, put in a colored aura to indicate which line is running if you need something to alert PvP'rs what is running.

However, I agree with others in this thread why do adv have to be "altered" to show their defenses while other professions do not?

Emma

What Emma is saying is actually a great idea. Simple and effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    Just make change to the new adv morph nano's before or while 18.7 is on Test-Live ... they are already being changed. Modify them to check for xxx-nano is running rather than while in xxx-morph-form and then remove the visual effect of being morphed, put in a colored aura to indicate which line is running if you need something to alert PvP'rs what is running.

However, I agree with others in this thread why do adv have to be "altered" to show their defenses while other professions do not?

Emma
    I like this idea the most so far, I'd love to see that change!
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast