Thread: Dshark or similar high damage weapon on MP

Dshark or similar high damage weapon on MP

Is it even possible? I've seen soli engy's using Dshark but heard that it was "fixed" to prevent it. Are LoX the best we can really get in the damage department? I'd love to super twink Ed just to stick it to all the people who badmouth us. :P

I was thinking this setup might do pretty well.

I calced that you'd be hitting 200+ DPM vs high AR opponents without touching perks or /pet attack.

The process is simple: spam specials+MIMQ

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=198972

Otherwise your standard crit/add dmg setup will work decently with Chaos.

I don't know what kind of stats endgame MP's get, but imo you'd want to get chaos on maxed beneficial AR and maxed on fling recharge (if you can do this without some (any) CC, then that's better since you can replace them with crit adding armour (i.e. DB sleeves/pants + goddess boots)

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=198215

But that will get you to about 34-38% crit which is pretty decent. At Max beneficial AR you should be hitting about 6000dmg crits (no add dmg), plus you got 60s/6.3s = ~9ish flings per minute, all of which are crit modified as well (in comparison to burst/FA which get no boost from crit rating).

This setup if you go without a few pieces of CC is pretty dirt cheap and should work pretty nicely.

The obvious issue I can see is that it's highly dependent on normal hits, which don't fare as well with nuke spam, vs the superqueen setup which is much more special dependent, AND it gets maximum damage out of MIMQ via 900+ energy add dmg.

Imo, for a more robust setup that's more easily swappable to a PVP setup, take the bow and slap on all the crit crap from PVM.

For a balls to the wall DPS build, go superqueen. I estimate you'd hit 430-440k DPM vs aliens and on RK encounters.

my 220 pistol mp is over 240k dpm. works very well and hes not in any add dmg gear etc like rbp, dmg bracers. works well in duels since he self 2750 ish ar without 12m and aao tower etc. so even for pvp he perks people since 80% check on the perks and ai perks has 2x aao. non sheild mp's suck for pvp in general but its atleast a viable setup for both pvp and pvm. not to mention u trigger procs mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    my 220 pistol mp is over 240k dpm. works very well and hes not in any add dmg gear etc like rbp, dmg bracers. works well in duels since he self 2750 ish ar without 12m and aao tower etc. so even for pvp he perks people since 80% check on the perks and ai perks has 2x aao. non sheild mp's suck for pvp in general but its atleast a viable setup for both pvp and pvm. not to mention u trigger procs mad.
    You should probably link a setup when making posts like this.

AS setup (with boosted conceal) worked surprisingly well for my MP.

However, that was only usable in groups and it required a lot of work - running and hiding behind corners (jumping out to AS) and stuff.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

haha klod, i sit with spare ip and here the last night i actualy considerd if i wanted to max conseal :P the conseal is more than high enough to hide from most professions but then agein i want to save my spare ip to next patch i hope comes next mounth with changes for mp

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    haha klod, i sit with spare ip and here the last night i actualy considerd if i wanted to max conseal :P the conseal is more than high enough to hide from most professions but then agein i want to save my spare ip to next patch i hope comes next mounth with changes for mp
    i think you're better off waiting for hell to freeze over.

So... we all know MP is nerfest...

I am doing right now BoB MP, already have 1 bob, 4 support alpha symbiants on, for MA skill. overall it's gonna be a triple wielding proc spaming machine. Potentialy with crit setup.

MP is in a strange place, pets dont do adequate damage, mp is poor at surviving or damaging or both...

I would recommend you just do something stupid with it. Atleast it will be funny. McKnuckle recommended not long time ago a pistol setup with dat nice fa pistol that caps at around 1400?

Just avoid MP weapons, they are poorly suited for damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    So... we all know MP is nerfest... I am doing right now BoB MP, already have 1 bob, 4 support alpha symbiants on, for MA skill. overall it's gonna be a triple wielding proc spaming machine. Potentialy with crit setup.MP is in a strange place, pets dont do adequate damage, mp is poor at surviving or damaging or both...I would recommend you just do something stupid with it. Atleast it will be funny. McKnuckle recommended not long time ago a pistol setup with dat nice fa pistol that caps at around 1400?Just avoid MP weapons, they are poorly suited for damage.
    you won't have enough fa ar to hit the broad side of a barn with that pistol in pvm in endgame raids nor will youi have enough add dmg to make regs worth it.
    Last edited by Lazy; Jan 19th, 2015 at 19:36:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    you won't have enough fa ar to hit the broad side of a barn with that pistol in pvm in endgame raids nor will youi have enough add dmg to make regs worth it.
    955 energy damage not including awakening, or any team auras? that's pretty reasonable imo.

You are right FA won't have great AR and you won't be able to cap recharge (I think I calced it would be around 17 seconds), but you'll have enough AR to be destroying the trash mobs in rapid succession.

Ya, the bosses might dodge a few FA's. But imo that's less of an issue since there's probably a lot of other things an MP can do to help along a fight vs a boss (notably NSD, damage debuffs). While I'm not saying you don't want damage vs a boss, I'm just saying that the loss of a few FA's isn't going to make or break a DD setup MP functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    there's probably a lot of other things an MP can do to help along a fight vs a boss (notably NSD, damage debuffs)
    Most bosses aren't affected at all by NSD, they're either immune or their casts don't require skills to begin with. The only 3 semi-endgame fights it helps with are caster adds on city raid/ship, Ice Golem, and IS. And we can only use our old RK damage debuff (-37 damage and -261 inits, but it also has a 982 taunt), the rest overwrite crat debuffs.

Technically, Desecration of Resolve (-589 damage) doesn't overwrite Malaise, but it only lasts 10 seconds and the target has to be affected by Desecration of Will (which does overwrite Malaise) for us to cast it.

Beast as well? or does he nuke through NSD?

Last night I completed my MP MA setup, alphas, BoB... Blades of Boltar.

My damage? 257k per minute on rk 250 dynas, 202k per minute on ado hecks... 220k in Arid...

I highly recommend it.. Also a real shocker.. 220 mp pet does 80ish k per minute in SL.

Crat pets do double that.... canwehaz fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Link setup so we can see it. 1 tonfa would be also good for fast attack.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

I believe he's immune.

edit: I think pinks might not heal if NSD is casted on them, but that also could have been a placebo effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    Last night I completed my MP MA setup, alphas, BoB... Blades of Boltar.

My damage? 257k per minute on rk 250 dynas, 202k per minute on ado hecks... 220k in Arid...

I highly recommend it.. Also a real shocker.. 220 mp pet does 80ish k per minute in SL.

Crat pets do double that.... canwehaz fix.
    I could have told you how much DPM Rihwen does, I've tested most endgame MP pets on min damage. He goes up to around 120k DPM when he's not hitting min, and yes, both crat and engi pets do more. Can you get a DPM number on an inf heck? I want to see how it compares to the 240k I got with pistols. Justin got 226k with Redfire staff
    Last edited by Esssch; Jan 22nd, 2015 at 02:31:27.

The Beast does nukes through NSD however, land a NT nemesis nano on it and combine it with Tigress proc and you can probably solo it.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I could have told you how much DPM Rihwen does, I've tested most endgame MP pets on min damage. He goes up to around 120k DPM when he's not hitting min, and yes, both crat and engi pets do more.
    WTB healpet-replacing 2nd attack pet as well as a DPS related mezzpet, single target nuke vulnerability debuff perhaps.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

I've done a bit of testing. It looks like the MP AR multiplier is .09 for use in the formula [[(AR-1000)*Class AR Multiplier]/400+3.5] . Doing a bit more math, that means that assuming fling shot is capped, every point of crit increases Chaos of the Xan damage by 1,100 DPM against targets with 0 AC. Good to know.

Actual damage range = (( 1 + ( (AR - 1000)/(400*ProffessionMultiplier*NonStaticModifier) * WeaponDamageRange ))

I got this from a thread from long ago.

I calculated that when doing it as shown in this equation that agents are getting 0.9 at 2750 MBS.

[[(AR-1000)*Class AR Multiplier]/400+3.5]
    (( 1 + ( (AR - 1000)/(400*Class AR multiplier) * min weap dmg )) = min damage

I think you're introducing an error in your calcs - yours has a 3.5 offset which is only applicable to some weapons so you need to correct for that.
    You can rearrange the formula like this:

(AR-1000)/((Your hit/weap min dmg) -1 )*400) = your class's post 1k AR multiplier

Then to calculate base damage on any weap just add 1 to your number and multiply the weap damage range.

Lets say you calculate MP's to have a 4.1 post AR multiplier. add 1 to get 5.1 then say you want to look at Chaos of the xan damage:

5.1 * 375-600 (650) = 1912 - 3060 (3315)
    add your add dmg and it should be bang on with what you see in game.