Thread: revive good looking stuff

revive good looking stuff

When you start this game...there is some sort of OFAB waiting on you. When you are endgame...there is some OFAB on you. Even in the middle of the game there is some OFAB with you. OFAB is easy to get and therefore from my point of view should have less benefits compared to things you have to farm.

I would like to see more Alien weapons for example. They look much better than OFAB weps. For some reason Alien weapons ql 300 ends on 2000 skills requirements while OFAB goes to 2200 and has better damage of course. What about allow alien weapon upgrade which can boost it by 10% ? For example from 2000 skill to 2200. It can have same reqs as ofab but it gives glory proc. So at the end it is better weapon.
    For example S7 weapons are nice. But i would expect bosses drop weapon upgrades and not directly finished weapons.

Regarding armour it would be nice to revive Tier armor. Looks good, you have to farm it (visit many dangerous locations).
    But for some reason has higher requirements and lower benefits. Which also does not make sense.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Yama; Jan 18th, 2015 at 11:23:33.
    -o--oOo--o--
    Yama*007
    -o--oOo--o--

It's one of the biggest mistakes that have been made with LE. All of a sudden a huge bunch of stuff was entirely useless. They should have rather brought some sort of "updates" in, to make existing stuff better instead of replacing it.
    Fixing this after all these years seems rather tough from my point of view, though.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Quote Originally Posted by Yama View Post
    When you start this game...there is some sort of OFAB waiting on you. When you are endgame...there is some OFAB on you. Even in the middle of the game there is some OFAB with you. OFAB is easy to get and therefore from my point of view should have less benefits compared to things you have to farm.

I would like to see more Alien weapons for example. They look much better than OFAB weps. For some reason Alien weapons ql 300 ends on 2000 skills requirements while OFAB goes to 2200 and has better damage of course. What about allow alien weapon upgrade which can boost it by 10% ? For example from 2000 skill to 2200. It can have same reqs as ofab but it gives glory proc. So at the end it is better weapon.
    For example S7 weapons are nice. But i would expect bosses drop weapon upgrades and not directly finished weapons.

Regarding armour it would be nice to revive Tier armor. Looks good, you have to farm it (visit many dangerous locations).
    But for some reason has higher requirements and lower benefits. Which also does not make sense.

Thank you.
    OFAB is easy to get? You mean using billions to buy it right? Or weapons? Unless you stop lvling an run bs missions you will not haven enough vp to afford a good weapon and will out level it fast.
    Back to point i don't care about looks, but would be nice to have an ai area at all lvls that drop weapons. Rest of it makes sense.

While I kinda agree, that it was kinda stupid just taking all the modifiers from Tier armor and improve them on Ofab armor, instead of introducing something that would actually be new from scratch, Ofab armor looks good for the theme it's linked to. Still of course, nothing really beats the Tier armor for looks on most professions, whoever made the graphical concept on that did a really good job, and at the same time, Tier armor also goes really well with it's expansions theme.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Quote Originally Posted by edmaster3 View Post
    OFAB is easy to get? You mean using billions to buy it right? Or weapons? Unless you stop lvling an run bs missions you will not haven enough vp to afford a good weapon and will out level it fast.
    Back to point i don't care about looks, but would be nice to have an ai area at all lvls that drop weapons. Rest of it makes sense.
    What are you even talking about? Billions? What? Who even uses OFAB weps in midlvl? Certainly not a leveling toon, because there are too many better options.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    What are you even talking about? Billions? What? Who even uses OFAB weps in midlvl? Certainly not a leveling toon, because there are too many better options.
    wondering the same thing. people who by ofab ...i never understood that part. it is like the easiest thing to get in game. and no, you do not need to pvp. do the tower daily occasionally and you are swimming in vp.

VP is to easy to get atm and to be honest I dont like it to be better then SL Tier 3 (which btw also looks EPIC). I'm currently running in full Advy Tier 3 just as a display-case and people are asking me what armor it is. Then they check my equip and go (O.o) because of the stats (and the way how to obtain it) and wont bother about it any further.

I therefor still like the idea that there will be an upgrade for that lost and forgotten SL armor which will make it better then the cheap Ofab. However because some pieces of Ofab are even considdered better then AI stuff and Dev's have said that there wont be anything better then AI in the near future (can't find quote atm) there is little room (between Ofab and AI) of improvement for the SL upgrade :S. Result will be the upgrade won't happen and therefore the SL armor is one of the best and horrible obtainable good looking armor just for social....

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    It's one of the biggest mistakes that have been made with LE every AO expansion. All of a sudden a huge bunch of stuff was entirely useless.
    Fixing this after all these years seems rather tough from my point of view, though.
    The easiest way to make something new relevant is to make it better than what came before it. Would be interesting task to take all the equipment in AO, review it and come up with new stats, droprates, prices and nondrop-tags. A project like that however would require someone to look at everything at once to establish a new meta, not alter one item at a time.
    Salomar [220/30]
    Rainbowz [200/23]
    Twopairs [150/20]
    SPARTA

I would even settle if it would be posible for instance to combine Ofab and the SL armor so it looks like SL but with Ofab stats.
    Doenst make it better but way cooler to look at.

Would it be hard to seperate texture mesh from items stats and thus create an opportunity to have: Item X stats + Item Y Texture = Cooling uber cool while have good stuff equiped?
    True, that looks wont resemble what stuff you are using however with the inspect to be open for all soon (tm), would it be that big of a problem....
    Also a good oportunity to remove the social tab entirely with it's wonky coding not showing all stuff properly etc.
    Last edited by Zwelgje; Jan 19th, 2015 at 15:35:57.

It would not unbalance game in any way or form... if tier armor was given ofab stats.

Idealy Tier & Ofab would compliment eachother... for example keeper armor ofab now has 2he, in other spots tier would have 2he, so you can get a full set of primary weapon buffing armor.

If buffage is high enough it might negate need for expensive and generic combined armors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by SaloSalo View Post
    The easiest way to make something new relevant is to make it better than what came before it. Would be interesting task to take all the equipment in AO, review it and come up with new stats, droprates, prices and nondrop-tags. A project like that however would require someone to look at everything at once to establish a new meta, not alter one item at a time.
    I disagree with how you edited my quote.
    The new shiny stuff with SL/AI did not replace everything else in the game back then, while LE did exactly that. At the latest when OFAB Amor was made YESDROP. Pre LE people wore colorful mixes of armor (Predator/Biodome/AI/Tier/Merlin/Bellum/Ace Camp/Sentinels), while now you see mostly OFAB/AI. Maybe some Dust here and there. LoX then, was a booster that did it actually right. Get old stuff, put updates on it, enjoy new stuff.