Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gif moar Tara like raids.

Gif moar Tara like raids.

So I have been thinking today while doing Tara...

We need more raids like this, it takes 30 minutes to complete, loot is decent enough for everyone to want it, pvp happens in a natural way,..

It is also girlfriend friendly... (Baby it's Tara it'll only be 30 minutes). If you are like me this kind of content, that is timed, planned, lasts 30 minutes .. is ideal.

So i desire more of it. Imagine maybe Will to fight zone, with boss spawning every 9 hours like Tara aswell, same mechanics, different items, can be like Kyr'ozch boss with random chance to drop lead bot 300.

Naturally must be pvp zone, few times per day, announced, let wars begin. Maybe make it giant free for all with 0% gas.

What other zones would you guys love to see in pvp versions? What loot would you give it?

Rules? 1.) Easy to implement by current dev force, 2.) people would love to attend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

I'd love more raids like Tara. The only current problem with adding more, is that PvP or even friendly raid competition is frowned upon because a raid bot thinks they own the right to have it 100% of the time. They don't care if a same sided faction earns the loot by ODing them, they look at it as if it's stealing and then condemn the group of people that rightfully won the lootrights.

This isn't a problem that Funcom can fix. The community of AO has built this raid bot into what it is and now, it's a monstrosity that blocks the path of anyone who wants to play the game the way it was supposed to be played. Most who are loyal to this raid bot are only loyal because it's been the way they've played the game since they started. They've never geared a character up with an Org that is helpful and will run raids frequently, specifically to gear out it's members.

To be fair, only a few of those kind of Orgs exist anymore. Although, without the presence of a raid bot overlord, I'd expect that more Orgs like this would flourish and the game would be better for it. Everyone is so afraid to just PLAY THE GAME that they are deliberately limiting themselves of fun.

Anyway, back the the point... More Tara raids would be awesome. Maybe the other problem will sort itself out some day... Who knows?
    Last edited by Dajam; Jan 18th, 2015 at 18:30:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Dajam View Post
    I'd love more raids like Tara. The only current problem with adding more, is that PvP or even friendly raid competition is frowned upon because a raid bot thinks they own the right to have it 100% of the time. They don't care if a same sided faction earns the loot by ODing them, they look at it as if it's stealing and then condemn the group of people that rightfully won the lootrights.
    The bot is why you can even get to tara without getting killed by clan, it's a fair conclusion that the bot has more right to the kill than a single org who are leeching the pvp area safety said bot provides.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkerThanBlack View Post
    The bot is why you can even get to tara without getting killed by clan, it's a fair conclusion that the bot has more right to the kill than a single org who are leeching the pvp area safety said bot provides.
    That's just not true.

First of all, Clan has a right to attack Tara too. There is no rule that says it's an Omni raid.

Second, the people are the ones who do Tara. If there was no raid bot, (I'd hope) people would still want to do Tara and they would go with their Org or they'd join a new Org that could put up a fight. I'd much rather 5-8 Omni orgs all competing for lootrights and then banding together to fight off Clans.

The point is, an entity that CLAIMS RIGHT to a boss that ANYONE can kill is ridiculous. It's fine to boast and say "our DD is better so Tara is ours!" The group that says that might be big-headed, but at least they rightfully earn the loot. They didn't steal it, they earned it. When a group of people wins the lootrights by being the top DD, why is it considered stealing if it's not the raid bot who won? Makes zero sense. It's fine to be mad/frustrated that you lost, but not to be mad that they were even there.
    Last edited by Dajam; Jan 18th, 2015 at 19:10:57.

There was a time when Orgs had the player numbers to raid tara as a guild; even beating all opposing raid groups. Those days pretty much long gone now.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/98117660@N06/16124748797/
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    There was a time when Orgs had the player numbers to raid tara as a guild; even beating all opposing raid groups. Those days pretty much long gone now.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/98117660@N06/16124748797/
    It's true that there aren't numbers like there used to be, but Orgs can still do Tara together. There are frequently 40+ people at Tara even today. If all of those people were doing Tara with their org instead of a bot, it may begin resemble the days of old, even if not quite as grand.

EDIT: Also, don't misunderstand, I don't care if people outside of an Org team together for Tara. That's 100% fine as long as they don't grow to the point of a raidbot and then tell people who aren't in their group that they aren't allowed to even try to OD them.
    Last edited by Dajam; Jan 18th, 2015 at 19:37:37.

That's just not true.
    Once upon a time before ipande beast was actually contested, there would be 1 org/2 org coop going for beast and another following them without attacking or helping in any way just exploiting the free ride to beast lair provided by another group's efforts. Such behavior was petitioned and the leeches would get kicked out of the area. That's just what's happening here, hellcom efforts drive the clan away and you just show up to OD the final boss.

Once dreadlols corp is responsible for keeping clan away from tara then and only then can you claim right to tara loot. Until then you're just leeches.

What would prevent multiboxers from ruining this playfield as well?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkerThanBlack View Post
    Once upon a time before ipande beast was actually contested, there would be 1 org/2 org coop going for beast and another following them without attacking or helping in any way just exploiting the free ride to beast lair provided by another group's efforts. Such behavior was petitioned and the leeches would get kicked out of the area. That's just what's happening here, hellcom efforts drive the clan away and you just show up to OD the final boss.

Once dreadlols corp is responsible for keeping clan away from tara then and only then can you claim right to tara loot. Until then you're just leeches.
    Except that's not the same scenario at all... lol

Dreadloch Corp. isn't afking through the first part of a raid only to benefit from the last part. They are there at the start of the raid and contribute fully to killing the only raid boss. Not to mention, this is a "pvp" boss in pvp gas. If it were the same scenario, you could just petition and kick us out/get us temp banned for being there.

This isn't Omni killing Omni, it's Omni competing with Omni for a dragon kill. Also, saying that a group of people has to be entirely responsible for fending off an opposing faction to claim the loot is ludicrous. If Clans are there, both Omni groups fight against them and that's happened every single time Dreadloch Corp. has shown up at the same time as Clan. We helped and even if our force didn't make quite as big an impact as yours (due to numbers), we still assisted in driving Clan forces out. We aren't actively trying to sabotage Hellcom, we just want Tara loot... same as the clans... and if we win the DD war then who are you to say we don't deserve it? Stop taking it so personal and enjoy the competition. After all, I bet you can't say it hasn't been more fun at Tara with Dreadloch Corp. there.

We aren't actively trying to sabotage Hellcom, we just want Tara loot... same as the clans... and if we win the DD war then who are you to say we don't deserve it?
    Ehh i call that a lie, since you attack neuts that have joined the HC raid. And yes i know its a pvp zone but dont talk crap about Dreadloch Corp. not trying to sabotage HC raids cause thats clearly what you do when you loose dd war and get butthurt.

Whoever does most damage gets loot. That's how Tara works, it's an open to all area/mob. Any raidbot for that encounter is not a game feature, it's from players for players. So if an org decides to go Tara and OD the raidforce it's not against any rules, because there are no rules.

If that is a nice thing to do or not is a whole different thing. Also what that does to a player's or organization's reputation. I, as clan, really couldn't care less what omni does to each other, but still you have to ask yourself why someone feels the need to compete with their own faction, instead of supporting. But that's also a different thing.

However, things like this, in an encounter like Tara with 9h spawn time, are a good reason to say no to the OP. See it from the point of view from someone who has a busy life and a small org. If they manage to be online at whatever time to join the "raid" and then find themselves pretty much chanceless, how much do you think they will enjoy the game? And frankly, even though that's not quite the topic here, with the current pvp situation, I really don't need any more encounters for people to grow their epeen over nothing.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Quote Originally Posted by Minp View Post
    Ehh i call that a lie, since you attack neuts that have joined the HC raid. And yes i know its a pvp zone but dont talk crap about Dreadloch Corp. not trying to sabotage HC raids cause thats clearly what you do when you loose dd war and get butthurt.
    Yeah like you say Tara is a pvp zone and Neuts are fair game. However if an Omni came flagged for example, we wouldn't attack them unless one of us got flagged on accident and was attacked first. Also, it sucks when anyone loses and ofc we all would like to win so saying either side is happy about losing would be silly. Butthurt might be a bit extreme though... especially when we are almost always the underdog at Tara. We just like going there and making an effort to win. Either way my point still stands... some flared tempers here and there are bound to happen and change nothing about what I've said.

Also, I'm trying to have a civil discussion about Tara and the addition of Tara-like bosses into the game and how the current state of the game would relate to such a proposition. Let's not turn this into a name calling session and try to keep things from being personal as much as possible so this doesn't get locked.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    Whoever does most damage gets loot. That's how Tara works, it's an open to all area/mob. Any raidbot for that encounter is not a game feature, it's from players for players. So if an org decides to go Tara and OD the raidforce it's not against any rules, because there are no rules.

If that is a nice thing to do or not is a whole different thing. Also what that does to a player's or organization's reputation. I, as clan, really couldn't care less what omni does to each other, but still you have to ask yourself why someone feels the need to compete with their own faction, instead of supporting. But that's also a different thing.

However, things like this, in an encounter like Tara with 9h spawn time, are a good reason to say no to the OP. See it from the point of view from someone who has a busy life and a small org. If they manage to be online at whatever time to join the "raid" and then find themselves pretty much chanceless, how much do you think they will enjoy the game? And frankly, even though that's not quite the topic here, with the current pvp situation, I really don't need any more encounters for people to grow their epeen over nothing.
    this. especially the 2nd paragraph. if you don't like omni bots, go clan. if you don't like clan bots either, go neut. it is possible these days afterall. no need for another encounter like tara. even tara just offers interesting raids like once or twice a year.
    Last edited by Xootch; Jan 19th, 2015 at 00:26:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    if you don't like omni bots, go clan. if you don't like clan bots either, go neut.
    And the cycle continues. Neutrals are expected to join a bot ran by the other sides because neutral isn't as organized of a side as the other two. You don't have to agree with that side's raid bot(s) to be a part of that side.

Except that's not the same scenario at all... lol
    Except it is, I've explained it nice and simple to the intelligent that's more than enough.

Stop taking it so personal and enjoy the competition.
    I harbor no resentment as I haven't lost anything at all. You on the other hand use words like "monstrosity" and "overlord" to describe hellcom.

After all, I bet you can't say it hasn't been more fun at Tara with Dreadloch Corp. there.
    You just lost a bet because dd competitions became dull 10 years ago. If you really wanted a competition you would have simply suggested that the area be made 5% suppression gas.

No, we believe that tara has two aspects to it, PVM and PVP. The PVP aspect is omni vs clans, as originally intended by funcom. Hence the reason why you cant attack your side. The PVM aspect is players vs tarasque in a DD war to see who gets the loot. This is why no one is "stealing tara loot" when they win lootrights to it. Those two things happen exactly the way it is intended and that is how we play. We don't follow the rules another player set for an entire side.

Quote Originally Posted by Teeko View Post
    And the cycle continues. Neutrals are expected to join a bot ran by the other sides because neutral isn't as organized of a side as the other two. You don't have to agree with that side's raid bot(s) to be a part of that side.
    1.cry me a river. buh huu.
    2.no? what makes you part of that side if you don't cooperate with that side?

Quote Originally Posted by Teeko View Post
    No, we believe that tara has two aspects to it, PVM and PVP. The PVP aspect is omni vs clans, as originally intended by funcom. Hence the reason why you cant attack your side. The PVM aspect is players vs tarasque in a DD war to see who gets the loot. This is why no one is "stealing tara loot" when they win lootrights to it. Those two things happen exactly the way it is intended and that is how we play. We don't follow the rules another player set for an entire side.
    lol. you call dd wars on a green mob pvm? fine. whatever.
    you don't want to follow rules? fine again. but go neut or something. there will be no organization of any side in any "war" without rules. if you don't like that: quit. every group in any given scenario will have leaders to function properly. everyone knows that. do you seriously want to debate that? sounds to me like personal beef. which is fine and reasonable. but stand with it and act accordingly.

I haven't been to Tara for years simply because of the bot system. Its a complete waste of time and effort for something that can be handled without a bot just as easily. Plus all the controversy and slandering that revolves around it is just pathetic.
    Last edited by Raggy; Jan 19th, 2015 at 09:34:41.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    lol. you call dd wars on a green mob pvm? fine. whatever.
    you don't want to follow rules? fine again. but go neut or something. there will be no organization of any side in any "war" without rules. if you don't like that: quit. every group in any given scenario will have leaders to function properly. everyone knows that. do you seriously want to debate that? sounds to me like personal beef. which is fine and reasonable. but stand with it and act accordingly.
    Yes, Player Versus Monster. PVM. We refuse to follow rules put in place by someone who acquires that leadership and goes bat**** crazy with power. Bots are ultimately ran by one person. We govern ourselves and prefer it that way. The entire organization is accountable to its members, from the bottom to the top and vice versa.

And because we prefer to do things differently and go against the normal grain, our only choice is to quit? Nah we will just continue to do what we do.

Yes, our org has leaders inside of it. Even at tara we have people in charge, but those people are there out of respect. They don't have control just because they happen to be there. They are there to help and lead because people trust their judgement. If there was a problem with the person leading, or the authority figure in that situation, there are ways to voice that opinion that won't get you excluded. Ways to make your issues and problems known without fear of exclusion for the REST OF YOUR AO CAREER.

We don't have any personal issues with people in hellcom, except maybe some that developed after we got an org-wide ban.
    Last edited by Teeko; Jan 19th, 2015 at 09:56:46.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast