Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gif moar Tara like raids.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkerThanBlack View Post
    There are rules in place, either follow them or get kicked out it's that simple really. Thousands of players have followed them over the years without a problem. if you think a ban reason is ridiculous it's only because you, and all those others who got banned "for no reason", didn't even bother reading the rules and acted according to your own set thinking hellcom mimics them because you're selfish and think the world revolves around you.
    Not to interrupt this pissing match between all parties, but one of those rules is along the lines of 'no {current characters, alts, past history for either} in Dreadloch Corp.', and there are exceptions made to that rule depending on whom has favor with admins on the bot. Irrespective of one's external behaviors in and out of game, you are subject to being banned based on the company you keep, and then you may be allowed back in because you're friends with someone in the right place. Your argument is supposed on bans being based on an objective and stoic view of fairness and governance, and then there's the current rule along with the exception being in place nullifying that, whilst bolstering the argument (and historical evidence in the real world) that absolute power corrupts absolutely.But, aside from that, pissing matches come down to distance vs. volume.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    Sorry, but you're completely wrong here. I've been with many raidbots in my entire AO time, and from all the bans, kicks or time-outs I've witnessed, only a handful (if at all) were justified. I don't want to throw around numbers, but the majority of raidleaders are completely full of themselves. They set up rules that make no sense whatsoever, just so people have to follow them. And if not you get an insta kick. Unless they like you, of course. Then you're allowed to do whatever you want, even if it wipes the raid.
    People get drunk with power too easily, and it can't be, that tiny orgs or single players will have to be at a raidleaders mercy, to get important loot. As Tara loot is.
    Yeah see this is what's wrong with people today, not paying attention at all. First of all on hellcom you'll only see raidleaders with the occasional power trip and they DO NOT have the power or authority to ban at all. Only admins can do that, and there are very few and and selected very carefully. Rules are not set by raidleaders, they're written down in the bot's rules that people don't bother reading at all then act surprised when they mess up and get sanctioned.

Yeah see this is what's wrong with people today, not paying attention at all. First of all on hellcom you'll only see raidleaders with the occasional power trip and they DO NOT have the power or authority to ban at all. Only admins can do that, and there are very few and and selected very carefully. Rules are not set by raidleaders, they're written down in the bot's rules that people don't bother reading at all then act surprised when they mess up and get sanctioned.
    That you harp on about verbalizations, shows how lost you are in your argument, and I'm not gonna keep going with this. Mostly to avoid that this thread gets closed.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    That you harp on about verbalizations, shows how lost you are in your argument, and I'm not gonna keep going with this. Mostly to avoid that this thread gets closed.
    You're the one throwing false claims and accusations that raidleaders abuse their power and ban people when they don't even have such power. Saying "ok my bad" wouldn't have hurt you at all, but I see you've decided to be a baby about it.

I wouldn't mind the thread getting locked, it dumbed down to conspiracy theories and childish fingerpointing pretty fast anyway.

Our org ban was specifically done by foob, not any other admin or raid leader. And the only "rule" broken was that we went to Tara after a few people of our org were already banned for various unknown reasons. Sure ban us we don't care, but don't try to claim were not omnis. Hellcom membership doesn't constitute omni membership and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    I haven't been to Tara for years simply because of the bot system. Its a complete waste of time and effort for something that can be handled without a bot just as easily. Plus all the controversy and slandering that revolves around it is just pathetic.
    Yet you miss the simple fact that the bot system is overall the fairest in game...but that never gets mentioned among the bot-haters that would prefer that their own small group can control things.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

You're the one throwing false claims and accusations that raidleaders abuse their power and ban people when they don't even have such power. Saying "ok my bad" wouldn't have hurt you at all, but I see you've decided to be a baby about it.

I wouldn't mind the thread getting locked, it dumbed down to conspiracy theories and childish fingerpointing pretty fast anyway.
    Either you're completely blind to these happenings or Foob is really good at keeping these things on the down-low. You can think what you like, but completely unfair bans are dished out all the time to single players. As Waahash said, "Irrespective of one's external behaviors in and out of game, you are subject to being banned based on the company you keep, and then you may be allowed back in because you're friends with someone in the right place." It's fine that we are banned, we're not here to argue for ourselves to be unbanned... the intention of my initial post was not for this thread to become what it is now.

Regardless, it is what it is, and I believe that we've represented why we are against Hellcom well enough and I think that it makes complete sense... something that Hellcom isn't capable of doing. Continue to cover your eyes and ears. Continue screaming loudly to stay oblivious. It's fine, your blind following is the reason Foob is a fan of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken
    Yet you miss the simple fact that the bot system is overall the fairest in game...but that never gets mentioned among the bot-haters that would prefer that their own small group can control things.
    I agree that the system itself is very fair. If you go to raids, eventually you will get everything you need because you earned it by being at many raids. Definitely fair. All the other reasons we have listed in the thread make it clear enough why we don't like it. The system itself is of no importance in the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dajam View Post
    I agree that the system itself is very fair. If you go to raids, eventually you will get everything you need because you earned it by being at many raids. Definitely fair. All the other reasons we have listed in the thread make it clear enough why we don't like it. The system itself is of no importance in the conversation.
    BUT, the important thing that often gets ignored or fuzzed during these 'discussions' is the reason why most bans actually happen...You don't see that being shouted about very often but let me tell you that (IMO) 98-99% of the bans handed out on the bot i'm involved with have been because people cannot or will not follow some simple rules. Selfish needs do not come before bot rules - that's the main reason there is so much 'bot hate' out there.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    BUT, the important thing that often gets ignored or fuzzed during these 'discussions' is the reason why most bans actually happen...You don't see that being shouted about very often but let me tell you that (IMO) 98-99% of the bans handed out on the bot i'm involved with have been because people cannot or will not follow some simple rules. Selfish needs do not come before bot rules - that's the main reason there is so much 'bot hate' out there.
    Well that's not the case here, sorry. Please read some of the previous posts.

No, they were actively competing against the bot in question (which to clarify is all cool & gravy) and instead, were NOT helping the bot members. People really shouldn't whine about being removed and banned from a bot which they have no intention of helping members of. That's the entire reason for the bans & you already know that. (You being the collective, not the singular here, before that gets bleeted about)
    Last edited by Aiken; Jan 20th, 2015 at 00:16:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Dajam View Post
    completely unfair bans are dished out all the time to single players
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

No, that's actually an objective statement. Continue to pick pieces out of people's posts, and ignore the rest that you have no real argument against, just to instigate... it just makes you look like a troll (you probably are).

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken
    No, they were actively competing against the bot in question (which to clarify is all cool & gravy) and instead, were NOT helping the bot members. People really shouldn't whine about being removed and banned from a bot which they have no intention of helping members of. That's the entire reason for the bans & you already know that. (You being the collective, not the singular here, before that gets bleeted about)
    I'm not sure what you're missing... We attacked Tara knowing we would get banned if we weren't already. We aren't angry or upset that we're banned, we expected it fully and embrace it. The unfair bans we're talking about are the ones that came prior to our orgwide ban. We attack Tara for the people who aren't able to do Tara because Hellcom banned them for a silly reason. I won't list all of the reasons, but Teeko's post explains his a bit.

Here's a quote for you, because it seems you haven't read anything here:

Quote Originally Posted by Teeko
    Lol. My ban reason: Disrupting the bot. What did i do? I woke up one morning and was banned. Refused to leave iraid so I could get unbanned. Go ahead and tell me how all bans are justified.
    He was banned 100% due to the company he kept and he wasn't even close to that "company." There was no offense he made. He didn't break any rules. He was simply doing raids that had zero impact on Hellcom with a different bot and was banned for it. Totally fair, right?
    Last edited by Dajam; Jan 20th, 2015 at 01:38:39.

Guys this is game suggestion, not bot review.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    there's no use to argue with emoqueens anyway. its just feeding the troll basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    It is nothing close to fair unless you start raiding alongside the bot when it is first created. If you start raiding months or years after a bot is made, you will forever be at the mercy of those with hundreds more points than you.

Flatroll is the fairest system and always has been.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

It is nothing close to fair unless you start raiding alongside the bot when it is first created. If you start raiding months or years after a bot is made, you will forever be at the mercy of those with hundreds more points than you.
    I guess you didn't know this but those points are spent on items and they aren't reimbursed so there's no way any individual has some kind of perpetual point advantage over others.

Ok now you're just trolling.

Since it's poetic mood Tuesday morning, and people seem to like to communicate through YouTube videos, i'll just quote Lennon / Mccartney , they have never been so relevant :

http://goo.gl/ihiACm

What would you think if I sang out of tune,
    Would you stand up and walk out on me.
    Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song,
    And I'll try not to sing out of key.
    Oh I get by with a little help from my friends,
    Mmm,I get high with a little help from my friends,
    Mmm, I'm gonna try with a little help from my friends.

With flatrolled alliance raid bots it took me 27 raids to get 1 VLRD from S35.
    With points bots, it's doable in <12 (if you just do that 1 raid).

Point bots are more fair toward people who have atrocious luck with the pseudo-RNG systems being used for flat rolling.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    Your suggestion was Tara like raids. Tara like raids require a working bot system so everyone has an equal chance for loot. Obviously we don't have working bot systems. At least not on omni side. So, even without anyone using the words "Tara like raid" or suggesting a new raid, they're discussing the right thing: If bringing more raids like Tara, when recently Tara failed horribly on omni side, even makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy
    It might slightly be true for bots with set raidtimes (still not really), but iraid for example runs raids whenever there is enough demand and a raidleader is available. So there is no way that a couple people attend every single raid on there, and are way ahead of you with points. Things like VLRD and ERU went for 1 points a couple times already, Pande belts go for 1-20 points (which can be obtained by attending only 1 or 2 raids). It really comes down to a lot more than just when you joined the bot.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Bull****. That is simply NOT true. If it were, all those flatroll bots would still be alive & kicking & not vanished into obscurity.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast