Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Gif moar Tara like raids.

i still think my idea about Gauntlet is the best. Raids don't work

Quote Originally Posted by Gatess View Post
    To bad the population isn't like the 04~07 era. Would be fun to see what the server side crowd control mechanic would do if you crammed ~200 odd people into that tiny room. The slide show would be epic.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Raids don't work
    no. with all due respect. your raids don't work. you march up against a point bot and lose dd wars, then claim raids don't work - because you lost? raids in this game have been working for more than a decade. there are many things wrong with this game, but its not the raids. and no, hating hc does not change that. at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    no. with all due respect. your raids don't work. you march up against a point bot and lose dd wars, then claim raids don't work - because you lost? raids in this game have been working for more than a decade. there are many things wrong with this game, but its not the raids. and no, hating hc does not change that. at all.
    I promised I wouldn't respond more, but ...

If you went to the trouble of reading what I wrote about Gauntlet you would know that I was referring to the fact that raids don't work at Gauntlet.

Calm down, dude.

I guess if there was a pvp part about it, it would drag more people into doing it. However, I would like to point at a post from Wakizaka on the whole Gauntlet mechanism. So, making the last floor a pvp zone on timer would be okay, but an instanced version of the other floors, thus pvp free zone, should be provided.
    Last edited by Baby; Jan 20th, 2015 at 15:46:41.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    I guess if there was a pvp part about it, it would drag more people into doing it. However, I would like to point at a post from Wakizaka on the whole Gauntlet mechanism. So, making the last floor a pvp zone on timer would be okay, but an instanced version of the other floors, thus pvp free zone, should be provided.
    But then no one would ever do the "normal" version.. maybe provide better loot ?

But then no one would ever do the "normal" version.. maybe provide better loot ?
    Mh, I've never been Gaunt, but as I understood you need the last boss for the basic armor piece? Or can you build that also from all the tradeskill parts? I thought those are only for the plates.
    If that is not the case, maybe make it like that? I guess Dark Energy thingy isn't reason enough to go (else it would be now). Can't really think of anything that would make "sense" to move into that loottable. New stuff is out of question I suppose.

Mh, I've never been Gaunt, but as I understood you need the last boss for the basic armor piece? Or can you build that also from all the tradeskill parts? I thought those are only for the plates.
    If that is not the case, maybe make it like that? I guess Dark Energy thingy isn't reason enough to go (else it would be now). Can't really think of anything that would make "sense" to move into that loottable. New stuff is out of question I suppose.
    Basic Inactive Bastion armour drops on all the bosses.
    You can TS the other items into plates.
    Full plates drop on the last boss, along with the Strand for the buff.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

I promised I wouldn't respond more, but ...

If you went to the trouble of reading what I wrote about Gauntlet you would know that I was referring to the fact that raids don't work at Gauntlet.

Calm down, dude.
    in that case, apologies.

so the way it works is this: armor parts are cheap as they drop plentiful everywhere. there is a bunch of tradeskill items that you have to gather on each floor to assemble the upgrade (which you need x3 as there are 3 upgrades). i have not found differences in the droprate of these, but some almost exclusively drop on the first floor, then second, then third - if memory serves right something like 4 different pieces per floor and sometimes you need multiple of one for one upgrade. on the fourth its a bit of everything if i recall correctly. and on the last boss that is not instanced, you can get ready made plates that otherwise you would have to assemble from all the bits and pieces from the different floors (i think 3 of them per kill). so you can either rush through to try to get those plates before anyone else, or take it slow and gather all the little things along the way (which really are bps full of stuff in the end). or wait for an hour where you're the only team and do both. low population does have advantages

its a failed instance for multiple reasons. mainly because teams will either recruit pure damage to get through it as fast as possible (in which case you may end up with nothing as there are not enough plates for everyone), or recruit only professions needed (e.g. tank, doc, crat) and no one else, as those people would just eat up loot in exchange for a really minimal time benefit. also, the instance is dual logable. i have done this instance a lot on crat/advy for some orgmate to loot his stuff. so if you want to farm on a prof that is neither a tank doc or crat, like an agent for instance, and don't have nice buddies who will let you mooch: good luck. you'll often be waiting near pande garden for nothing before you can find people willing to drag you along. being proactive and setting up a team helps, especially if you can colog doc or something or have an org mate thats useful, but even then its hard. e.g. if you dual, you'll miss out on loot as you can't heal on one toon and loot on the other.

edit: oh. and before i forget. if you have toons to dual it, you can for the above reason make a pretty penny selling the loot by offering to drag someone along who then may loot everything. don't know the current pricetag for this (as i have only done it for free for org mates) but i think it used to be several hundred millions, like 800m or something. not sure on the price and if its still accurate though.
    Last edited by Xootch; Jan 20th, 2015 at 23:21:34.

Thanks a lot Waki and Xootch! The guide I read was very misleading it seems. Now I know better

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    so the way it works is this: armor parts are cheap as they drop plentiful everywhere. there is a bunch of tradeskill items that you have to gather on each floor to assemble the upgrade (which you need x3 as there are 3 upgrades). i have not found differences in the droprate of these, but some almost exclusively drop on the first floor, then second, then third - if memory serves right something like 4 different pieces per floor and sometimes you need multiple of one for one upgrade. on the fourth its a bit of everything if i recall correctly. and on the last boss that is not instanced, you can get ready made plates that otherwise you would have to assemble from all the bits and pieces from the different floors (i think 3 of them per kill). so you can either rush through to try to get those plates before anyone else, or take it slow and gather all the little things along the way (which really are bps full of stuff in the end). or wait for an hour where you're the only team and do both. low population does have advantages

its a failed instance for multiple reasons. mainly because teams will either recruit pure damage to get through it as fast as possible (in which case you may end up with nothing as there are not enough plates for everyone), or recruit only professions needed (e.g. tank, doc, crat) and no one else, as those people would just eat up loot in exchange for a really minimal time benefit. also, the instance is dual logable. i have done this instance a lot on crat/advy for some orgmate to loot his stuff. so if you want to farm on a prof that is neither a tank doc or crat, like an agent for instance, and don't have nice buddies who will let you mooch: good luck. you'll often be waiting near pande garden for nothing before you can find people willing to drag you along. being proactive and setting up a team helps, especially if you can colog doc or something or have an org mate thats useful, but even then its hard. e.g. if you dual, you'll miss out on loot as you can't heal on one toon and loot on the other.

edit: oh. and before i forget. if you have toons to dual it, you can for the above reason make a pretty penny selling the loot by offering to drag someone along who then may loot everything. don't know the current pricetag for this (as i have only done it for free for org mates) but i think it used to be several hundred millions, like 800m or something. not sure on the price and if its still accurate though.
    Thanks for the detailed explanation!
    Yeah that indeed sounds like a big failure. But I also see a lot of potential now for making this an actual pvp zone with better loot. PvP alone will drag people there, if the loot would be extended to maybe 6 (to serve a full team) or even 12 plates and a bunch of armor pieces we had another reason to go. If simultaneously the dropchance for armor pieces and tradeskill items on floor 1-4 gets lowered (I read from your post that drops are decent), and also the floors will be made instanced, it could be a fair balance? On the condition floor 1-4 will be accessible at any given time. ****ing up boss 1,2 and 4 (I heard they're pretty gimp) wouldn't hurt either, so it's not gonna be a walk in the park for PvMers.
    Could even bring in a questline that will grant quick access to floor 5, so PvPers won't have to do all other bosses first everytime they go there.
    Then we probably need some sort of reclaim zone between floor 4 and 5 that could also be used as exit (as it is at beast plat) for when floor 5 isn't open.

I think a PvP area on SL conditions could be a nice change, since in SL for example rrfe/gsf won't work, so teaming is more required.

PS As for maybe additional loot: I heard from some people that they would like to have access to Lya/Nomad/Miy Cloaks/Pistols outside the regular events, so what about adding these with a very low dropchance (to not ruin the events) as well?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234