Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atrox NTs looking for love.

Atrox NTs looking for love.

Hey, what about bit more balance between NT breeds?

NT is the prof where being atrox is hardly punished. In my opinion 45% nano cost cap VS 55% as nm or 50% solitus is fair enough, equip symbs on troxes very difficult compared to other breeds. This should stop here, but not...

NT is only breed where nano programs don't work same on all breeds Nanobot Shelter i.e. is a big pain on atrox 30% of dmg goes to nano pool compared to 10% on NMs, that, with the 45% cost cap and the significantly less nano, make think serious about use it instead of reflect graft. Same things on nanobot guard make it almost useless on trox, ur nano goes down faster and trox nt useless while nanobot depletion running.

Please fix Atrox NTs!

Mastablasta you atrox! fight for us before leave us
    Clan FTW
    Master Veteran General Crusher "Forz"
    Neophyte Administrator "Buroz"
    Neophyte Sergeant "Rocketz"
    Novice "Nuketz"
    Apprentice "Pepitaz"
    Mentalist "Odinz"
    Novice "Forzjr"

“Two things are infinite: The Universe and Omni Solitus SB. And I'm not sure about the Universe.” (Albert L33tstein)

Unfortunately, there's not really much help from perks and SB for a trox NT.

The great thing about AO is you can basically make a toon however you want, but in this case there's just too much working against a trox NT for it to even compare to the other three breeds. Even if the Nanobot Shelter line is adjusted, there's really no compelling reason to go trox as NT. Everything is more difficult, but every other breed has helpful perk support for one setup or another.

I personally don't know of a setup where trox NT makes more sense than any other breed. =/
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Well u can make really nice dodge setup and use wit of atrox wich is nice
    Clan FTW
    Novice "Nuketz"
    Apprentice "Pepitaz"
    Mentalist "Odinz"
    Novice "Forzjr"

“Two things are infinite: The Universe and Omni Solitus SB. And I'm not sure about the Universe.” (Albert L33tstein)

What would be the purpose of having different breed choices if they were all the same? Atrox for NT is clearly not the best breed choice for this profession, but for some the fun comes from just being different.
    ....................................-Eridonis-
    ................-Sleighbells-................-Northpole-
    ....-Psyche-...............-Decembersky-...........-Karma-
    ...............-Winterbelle-.................-Snowing-
    .....................................-Graffiti-

Of course breeds shouldn't be the same, thats why u have less nano, less cost cap, less MC, no absorb thingie and alpha symbs way harder. But, why nano programs don't work same on all breeds? its not fair, in other professions that doesn't matter. Imagine Mongo Crush or AMS working different on each breed.
    Clan FTW
    Novice "Nuketz"
    Apprentice "Pepitaz"
    Mentalist "Odinz"
    Novice "Forzjr"

I agree with you about Nanobot Shelter, but that change is already planned in 18.7.

Live:
    https://aoitems.com/item/263265/

18.7 version:
    http://tl.aoitems.com/item/301609/

Basically, they are leaving it the same for all breeds in a middle-ground between Nanomage and Solitus/Opifex. It will be 110% damage to nano across the board both NBS and Superior NBS. Currently, we have 100% for Nanomage, 115% for Solitus and Opifex, and Trox with 130% on Superior Nanobot Shelter, for instance. (with NBS being 120, 130, 140 respectively)

I guess I understand their reasoning for the differences at first, but luckily, they realized it didn't make much sense in the long run and are going to change it.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Hmmm good! or should i say: damn!
    According with 18.7db they "fix" problem with shelter, if we can call fix a nerf (100% to 110% on NMs)... but they also nerf NS2 from 100% reflect to 80%
    Clan FTW
    Novice "Nuketz"
    Apprentice "Pepitaz"
    Mentalist "Odinz"
    Novice "Forzjr"

I wouldn't get worked up about the changes to NS / NS2.

I will certainly voice my disapproval of that change before it happens, at least.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Silly idea, but maybe some sort of DOT that stacks with AI dots but that either damages you or lowers max HP for the duration? A sort of Warlock'y flavor that can give Atroxes some advantage due to their larger health pools?

Well, if you were to do a dual lust setup with a bunch of +DMG, it could do quite well vs. profs that can't spam absorbs.

If you throw in Mongo Rage, I'd think weapon specials, perks, GIVA and Candycane landing so quickly would be pretty painful. You could also land everything while NS2 or Nanobot Shielding is still up.

I've never personally seen this setup in action, but it does sound pretty fun.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

It'll probably go away with the change of everything if that ever shows up.

Mongo rage is useless as trox NT. We tried all of it I don't think anything's actually changed in the last 10 years or whatever.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Well, I've spoken to Forz in game, and got a chance to check out his setup. The problem I see is that his complaints here and in game to me are fairly basic, even though he's pretty much endgame.

Obviously, nano is essential for NT's, and an NT without it is usually dead shortly thereafter. But I wouldn't have expected even an Atrox NT to have nano problems like he described with his setup.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Well, using the NBS shield will completely drain a trox NT pool in a few hits. Normal everyday fighting around isn't problematic at all, you can keep doing that pretty much forever with a normal setup. The small shield is OK for a little while, but you can't tank any amount of prolonged time with it and not run out of nano. Pop the big shield in a pvp match and you'll be empty almost immediately.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Well, using the NBS shield will completely drain a trox NT pool in a few hits. Normal everyday fighting around isn't problematic at all, you can keep doing that pretty much forever with a normal setup. The small shield is OK for a little while, but you can't tank any amount of prolonged time with it and not run out of nano. Pop the big shield in a pvp match and you'll be empty almost immediately.
    The same is true for all breeds.

In terms of Nanobot Guard and Shielding, yea. Any breed will be completely out of nano within a few hits, but it's probably 2-4 less for Atrox.

However, if you're having trouble maintaining Nanobot Shelter, that's rather surprising. I know for Solitus, it's really no trouble at all. Even getting pummeled by really big baddies for an extended amount of time never got me to the point of not being able to fire IU constantly, at least. Tanking Sagittarius or Libra, for example, made it difficult, but not impossible to keep shooting.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Quote Originally Posted by DarkerThanBlack View Post
    The same is true for all breeds.
    Yes. Now go compare the number of hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinkera View Post
    In terms of Nanobot Guard and Shielding, yea. Any breed will be completely out of nano within a few hits, but it's probably 2-4 less for Atrox.

However, if you're having trouble maintaining Nanobot Shelter, that's rather surprising. I know for Solitus, it's really no trouble at all. Even getting pummeled by really big baddies for an extended amount of time never got me to the point of not being able to fire IU constantly, at least. Tanking Sagittarius or Libra, for example, made it difficult, but not impossible to keep shooting.
    I haven't much of any new gear, but I haven't seen anything that adds loads to nanoregen. It's not possible for trox to hold up tanking and nanopool for more than a relatively short duration before you need to run away and not take any hits. Even with all the nanoregen perks available used.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Jan 30th, 2015 at 15:00:58.
    The Red Brotherhood

It's not possible for trox to hold up tanking and nanopool for more than a relatively short duration before you need to run away and not take any hits. Even with all the nanoregen perks available used.
    Hmm, well that's a bummer.

That's one thing that's always really annoyed me. NT nano regen should be a non issue, but it is. I personally have like... 30ish perks, 1 LE proc, etc.

Considering a 220's gross nano usage per minute is roughly 40,000 after the DM replacemsnt, it's tougher for every breed. With DM, gross nano usage was more like 30,000. However, that's not the whole story. NT's should still have better nano regen, regardless of breed. It doesn't even need to be massive, but enough to cover our cost of constant nuking, even in non-stellar gear.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Yes. Now go compare the number of hits.
    So what? Are you suggesting that all breeds are made same except for their appearance?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkerThanBlack View Post
    So what? Are you suggesting that all breeds are made same except for their appearance?

No, of course not. Its ok the differences between abilities, hp and nano...

Im just suggesting nano programs works same for all breeds. On enforcer Mongo heals same no matters which breed u are, on soldier Mirror shield reflect same no matter which breed u are, on fixer Shadowweb adds same defense no matters which breed u are...

On NTs,
    Shelter
    1000 dmg hit: Nanomage got 750 to hp, 250 to nano. Atrox 750 to hp, 325 to nano.

NBG
    1000 dmg hit: Nanomage 100 to hp, 1350 to nano. Atrox 200 to hp, 1600 to nano.

Well, with NBG u can say Atrox have more HP, then is fair they got more dmg to HP. OK I can agree with that, but end game NM vs end game atrox is not more than 4k HP (about 30% hp) so make it 90% reflect on NM 87% for troxes (maybe 85% since 87 is ugly number). And for nano pool, since we have 15% more nano cost and like 5k less nano, the amount of dmg to nano on NBG should be as much same in my opinion. But applying FC logic since NMs have more nano situation should be inverted, 1600 nano drain for NMs and 1350 to atrox?, hell no, i consider 150% dmg to nano for nanomages hurts enough... now imagine 200% on Atroxes...
    Clan FTW
    Novice "Nuketz"
    Apprentice "Pepitaz"
    Mentalist "Odinz"
    Novice "Forzjr"

Nts are a mage profession, atrox are a tank/physical damage breed. Makes perfect sense that there's drawbacks to picking the wrong breed for certain professions, pick the right tool for the job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast