Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Atrox NTs looking for love.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkerThanBlack View Post
    Nts are a mage profession, atrox are a tank/physical damage breed. Makes perfect sense that there's drawbacks to picking the wrong breed for certain professions, pick the right tool for the job.
    And yet at the same time we've had fantastic Opifex Soldiers, Nanomage Enforcers, Atrox Doctors, Atrox Fixers, ... many of those combinations can contribute their breed strengths over to their profession, and almost every other combination in the game is just as strong as the others, with their breed strengths helping to cover weaknesses. Atrox Nano-Technician is pretty much alone in this, as all they contribute is a larger HP pool that still doesn't make much of a difference.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

None of what you listed is relevant. Each breed has it's pros and cons for certain professions, some more some less noticeable. With all the issues NTs have in this game it's ridiculous that people want to balance breeds so aesthetic sufferers can have an easier time.

Except Atrox NTs have almost negligable advantages (I do kind of appreciate the extra HP when kiting sometimes...?) and they have disadvantages that are actually factored into their nanos.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Yes, the breed has enough disadvantages on its own, and we really don't need the nanos to make it that much worse.

They should be the same for all, as every other profession's are.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Nts are a mage profession, atrox are a tank/physical damage breed. Makes perfect sense that there's drawbacks to picking the wrong breed for certain professions, pick the right tool for the job.
    That should be fine if u can apply that logic to all other professions, but since you can't (with same setup, nano programs work same for all breeds in all other professions) just fix NT or make changes for others.
    Clan FTW
    Master Veteran General Crusher "Forz"
    Neophyte Administrator "Buroz"
    Neophyte Sergeant "Rocketz"
    Novice "Nuketz"
    Apprentice "Pepitaz"
    Mentalist "Odinz"
    Novice "Forzjr"

“Two things are infinite: The Universe and Omni Solitus SB. And I'm not sure about the Universe.” (Albert L33tstein)

Ill take anY nt love, my pistol NT went backutt to regular nt, CS, etc, appaling. Officialy retired until love is given.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Forz View Post
    That should be fine if u can apply that logic to all other professions, but since you can't (with same setup, nano programs work same for all breeds in all other professions) just fix NT or make changes for others.
    What you're implying has nothing to do with logic, it's comparing apples and oranges. In fact you're even wrong in that, with the same setup some nanos might or might not work at all depending on breed and profession. There's these things called requirements and ability trickle, for example all nano skills have an 80% int trickle meaning nanomage of any profession will in fact have an easier time using nanos with the drawback of having lower attack skills, hp etc.

What you are asking however is that the one and only drawback to atrox nts be removed, which is ridiculous. If you want efficiency (re)roll a nanomage, if you prefer aesthetics deal with the efficiency drawbacks.

Since it is being changed, can we avoid a pointless argument please?
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Actually no. There's plenty of drawbacks in the fact that you're trox alone without there needing to be any external restrictions imposed. AO has a great underlying design that allows for everything to work everywhere in some regard.
    Everything that came with "profession locks" "level locks" and the like just managed to muck things up. The open design was better for all.

That you entertain the notion that the nanoproblem with this series of nano is the "only" hindrance in the daily life of trox NTs shows that you don't know what you're going on about.

Wonderfully, it's being changed in future.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Actually no. There's plenty of drawbacks in the fact that you're trox alone without there needing to be any external restrictions imposed.
    I'm curious, do tell what those are.

I'm curious, do tell what those are.
    Throughout the entire leveling spectrum you will be behind what any other breed is capable of. You'll have less nano, you'll have less skills, you'll have less high quality implants/symbiants. At the endgame you'll have to own so many different twinking items of any number of rarities and solve a pretty ridiculous puzzle to equip items that others can just pop in with little to no trouble.
    The end result will of course look relatively similar today with everyone capable of hitting excessive amounts of skill through highend items. In the past, when lvl 200 was max, trox NTs could not cast Resonance Blast, it wasn't possible to achieve enough skill with the items available. That is the kind of thing I don't actually mind. There were other positives at the time, like being able to wield different powerful weapons and do a different type of setup, as well as having more HP. That's good game design, there being multiple ways to be efficient, rather than the current state of affairs where the only thing it really means being a different breed to most is that there's maybe one symbiant you can't equip. NTs having the single, largest difference in breed difference makes no sense.
    If it were the case with all professions that some breeds were just outright punished by being that profession, then I'd still be advocating that everyone should be allowed to play whichever without restrictions like that. Else what is the reason to have different breeds if everyone just ends up the same anyway?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

What you're saying is that there are no actual drawbacks, thought so.

Yeah no drawbacks...

Nanomage NT can equip alpha symbs at 219 without BoC, 220 trox NT need all kind of buff items and high QL contracts.

Also nanomage NTs can rclick hotswap scout/ofab/jathos armor from lvl 215! Trox NT need change belt, rings, back/hud items for swap armor at 220!

And with nano eff setup (no nano skills itms) if u go NR1 can't cast some nanos, while nm/solitus/opi can.

Please don't feed that troll, i bet he don't know nothing about NTs... and probably that username forum account isn't his real one, he just use it for troll ppl
    Clan FTW
    Master Veteran General Crusher "Forz"
    Neophyte Administrator "Buroz"
    Neophyte Sergeant "Rocketz"
    Novice "Nuketz"
    Apprentice "Pepitaz"
    Mentalist "Odinz"
    Novice "Forzjr"

“Two things are infinite: The Universe and Omni Solitus SB. And I'm not sure about the Universe.” (Albert L33tstein)

You really need to learn how to troll better
    The Red Brotherhood

I find this mindset to be obsolete in this day and age, and doubly so when it comes to game development. "Pick the right tool for the right job." The NT's job is to be a nanocasting profession. Breed is a choice, not a job.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Forz View Post
    Yeah no drawbacks...

Nanomage NT can equip alpha symbs at 219 without BoC, 220 trox NT need all kind of buff items and high QL contracts.

Also nanomage NTs can rclick hotswap scout/ofab/jathos armor from lvl 215! Trox NT need change belt, rings, back/hud items for swap armor at 220!

And with nano eff setup (no nano skills itms) if u go NR1 can't cast some nanos, while nm/solitus/opi can.

Please don't feed that troll, i bet he don't know nothing about NTs... and probably that username forum account isn't his real one, he just use it for troll ppl
    Slightly increased efforts for the same end result are not drawbacks. You're just very lazy, just like you're lazy in pvp and you complain when your opponents outplay you by moving, using cc and line of sight to their advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Towerblock View Post
    I find this mindset to be obsolete in this day and age, and doubly so when it comes to game development. "Pick the right tool for the right job." The NT's job is to be a nanocasting profession. Breed is a choice, not a job.
    Breed is a tool choice yup. And I definitely agree, I miss the times when video games actually required players to think. Nowadays if you can't right click everything on you're "experiencing drawbacks" lol.

Now, I asked you kids to play nice...

Since this doesn't seem to be going anywhere, I'm closing it down. Forz and Masta, I hear you, and as you can see in our 18.7 forum, I've asked Michi to change Nanobot Guard to be identical for all breeds, as variations in Nano and HP already make enough of an advantage for Nanomage and Solitus/Opi over Atrox.

Cheers
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12