Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Fixer's clearly have too much healing

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    made a bad one?
    If you can't kill a single fixer, yup it's a bad one. Grats on your successes against gimps you killed with 1 button press, mad skillz, such rights to complain, much wow etc.

i've never encountered a fixer i couldn't kill on my fixer solo. the fact that you're having trouble with them while multiboxing 5 toons says more about you and your box than it does about fixers.

he was playing his toon, I was playing 5.

@ gresh, whenever the balancing starts.... well, I don't think we can count on it being anytime in the next few years. So better to identify imbalances and get them sorted as soon as possible, rather than leave the game broken.
    Eh but that's so counter productive, they have alotta work to do... You add a comment about how long its taken em so to combat the time it takes you suggest something that gives them more work to do before they finish what they are doing. That will only delay longer.

So basically his MB consisting of 5x220s has less firepower against a 220 fixer than a MB consisting of x4 level 175 froobs.

I think we know where the problem lies.

It's also funny that each profession he listed could individually get a fixer below 50%...
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

So wait multiboxa gets troaled by OP Fixers... LAWL!

Fixers are OP at moving around, evading, and healing while still moving. Essentialy ideal war platform. They would do well even with lame weapons... but they got excellent smg perks and at will onehander with all its glory...

So what. Only profession that comes close to fixer is advy... and advy has to stop for healing and has inferior alpha.

The real question is... why is fixer so fun and useful, while other professions are not? Why dont we make all professions more as good as fixer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    So wait multiboxa gets troaled by OP Fixers... LAWL!

Fixers are OP at moving around, evading, and healing while still moving. Essentialy ideal war platform. They would do well even with lame weapons... but they got excellent smg perks and at will onehander with all its glory...

So what. Only profession that comes close to fixer is advy... and advy has to stop for healing and has inferior alpha.

The real question is... why is fixer so fun and useful, while other professions are not? Why dont we make all professions more as good as fixer?
    Most professions in this game are as good and even better than fixers. It's a matter of task and circumstance, and of course player preference. The problem lies in AO's community, who are very childish and want their professions to be masters of everything so they seek arguments in pointing out other professions' strengths. Or in other cases screaming nerf even though they have no idea what they're talking about.

As a representative of the adult playerbase I can say I'm completely fine with my fixer never being able to solo kill a good doc, enf, agent or adv. I'm completely fine with my doc doing next to no damage at all because I use it to heal. I'm completely fine with my NT being squishy because it deals a lot of damage. And it goes on.

Fixers are fun because they have the ability to negate one of the most ridiculous penalty mechanics that still exist in this game, death with no come back (no resurrection abilities) and 5 long minutes of rez sickness. There's absolutely nothing OP about them, take meep away and you'd fast see fixers become a bottom of the barrel profession.

I largely agree with darker than black above. What you gotta ask is... Where does it end?

There will always be one on top of the others, different people claim its different proffs and which any particular person deems to be on top largely depends on their own preferences and experiences but one persons classification is different to the next. Should we just delete toolsets and Nerf abilities forever based on peoples own ideas and agendas? Even if everybody agreed on one prof... Nerf it to high heaven, hell make it bottom of the pile... This changes nothing as another proff will take its place on top and the crying starts all over again with same complaints but (insert whatever proff here) becomes the demon everyone hates.

There will always be imbalance, only thing that changes is the way it swings for the proffs.

Great effort guys. And thanks for making the argument so clear.

You're all exactly correct, fixers are really awesome, and specifically when playing in open PVP. The reality is that several profs face significant disadvantages when fighting in the open theatre, and a lo tof the comments here draw a lot of focus on that.

Perhaps fixers need more than healing nerf - say, maybe removing the % snare/ & root resists on some of their top end buffs?

lets just say, for a moment that if fixers lost the 25% root/snare resist on firewalled sync compressor, that that would require them to invest more into spatial displacement to retain the same mobility in open PVP.

Lets just put that on the table too, because quite frankly, a lot of the comments are bang on: fixers are very OP in open PVP, but, when rooted in a tank'n'spank duel, SOME profs can actually kill a fixer.

Great observation - lets keep it up, this will provide a much more objective basis on which to build an argument for nerfs.

Yeah, and lets reduce the crits/evades on MA's because most proffs can't stand toe to toe with one and beat them....

That's how your whole whine-thread sounds knuckle
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    Yeah, and lets reduce the crits/evades on MA's because most proffs can't stand toe to toe with one and beat them....

That's how your whole whine-thread sounds knuckle
    I'd be happy to provide constructive feedback if that's your opinion on MA's, but I do think it deserves it's own thread if it's a legitimate complaint.

I'd be happy to provide constructive feedback if that's your opinion on MA's, but I do think it deserves it's own thread if it's a legitimate complaint.
    If you have beta access try fighting a fixer with an MA's green deflect skill, and you'll see just how pointless this thread is.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

lets just say, for a moment that if fixers lost the 25% root/snare resist on firewalled sync compressor, that that would require them to invest more into spatial displacement to retain the same mobility in open PVP.
    More than 10 points, how does that work? Tell us about your sploits sir.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345