Thread: Returning old player

Returning old player

Wondering if i had to start over from scratch what profession is laid back and able to solo things and does very well in group (like in pande) and able to level without ANY problems and also CHEAP (prefer range DPS) ?
    Last edited by Drakecrat; Jan 25th, 2015 at 09:12:36.

Id say advy. Cheap options for weapons available, and you do good dmg and have good survivability. You could also go for crat, but thats a less laid back prof
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

WTB Red and blue teams in BS. Thanks Michi!

Your criteria suggests crat - needed everywhere, cheap, easy to level because of xp buffs, good defense for soloing some stuff and ranged.
    Just finished setting up prefs and client crashed.

Yeah found out i left with level 208 Crat lol but don't know how to play it since 2013 ...

dont worry i dont learn how to play any of my professions till 220.

Drake, look for me in game dude. I just came back as well.

Makr (ENG 220/19) | Preachr (MP 220/17) | Reclaimr (CRAT 220/12)
    MisSlashr (ADV 200/18) | ShadyDealr (TDR 213/17) | Squishr (ENF 204/14)
    AmmoWastr (SOL 143/12) | Fleshmendr (DOC 160/21) | LeetSlicr (KPR 165/10)
    LilShootr (AGT 150/10) | TimeWastr (CRAT 100/5)
    General of Wolf Brigade

If you need any help- buffs/tradeskilling /tell Central hey

Is your account paid or a froob account?

I'm just coming back and torn between picking up my 103 ENF or my 105 Crat, I remember having fun with both of them but I am not sure which I should try to stick with now. I've always had the hardest time sticking with characters but I really want to hit 220 on something one day! lol. Any suggestion which may be more fun? I don't really know anyone playing so I usually stick solo..
    220! Bureaucrat - I finally did it, get the camera mom!
    95 Fixer
    40 Adventurer (I WILL BE A DRAGON SOMEDAY)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucubration View Post
    I'm just coming back and torn between picking up my 103 ENF or my 105 Crat, I remember having fun with both of them but I am not sure which I should try to stick with now. I've always had the hardest time sticking with characters but I really want to hit 220 on something one day! lol. Any suggestion which may be more fun? I don't really know anyone playing so I usually stick solo..
    A stranger is only a friend, you havnt met yet
    I would suggest to first find an active org and as a class it sounds like you havnt found just the right one ye. I could be wrong though.
    Last edited by Raelil; Mar 23rd, 2015 at 06:45:59. Reason: spelling on the cell is rough business
    First NT to proper pocket Ely hecks - Raesun

Quote Originally Posted by Raelil View Post
    A stranger is only a friend, you havnt met yet
    I would suggest to first find an active org and as a class it sounds like you havnt found just the right one ye. I could be wrong though.
    Thank you for the advice I ended up jumping on my crat and finding a party, been having some fun (although I know I am being used for my XP buffness! ;D lol) Haven't found an org but met some friendly people so all is well May try to look at other classes to see if something else sounds appealing but I'm starting to get the hang of it all again.. I think!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucubration View Post
    Those are both extremely good choices in terms of finding teams and doing stuff later on! Bureaucrats are everywhere, but nobody will hesitate to pick up another bureaucrat because they deal great damage in addition to their awesome init debuffs and crowd control. Enforcer, I can't tell you how many raids I've seen fail to start because nobody wants to play the tank, and I find it kind of funny because I love tanking everything! Doctor is the other super-high-demand job, but they seem somewhat more plentiful and less demanded than the other two, at least among the people I hang out with. Don't think these three are the only options of course, especially if you get a decent org where everyone will know you so having you play a "non-standard" healer/tank/whatever is less of a liability.

If you like to solo a lot, it's really hard to beat bureaucrat. It's rather "hands off" though, because having no healing means you'll let your pets take most of the hits for tougher stuff. Enforcer on the other hand tends to lack damage which makes soloing rather slow. On the other hand, it's really hard to beat that feeling of complete invulnerability you get as a high level enforcer, you can take ridiculous amounts of punishment even before a doctor starts applying their massive heals or a bureaucrat starts init debuffing and calming everything!

Honestly, I'd have to say "por que no los dos?" The two professions are very different and thus require very different gear for most of their leveling, so why not level both the characters at the same time? Daily missions makes it very easy to level multiple characters in parallel, and there are enough dailies that managing two character will probably take up most of your playtime and progress the characters very fast. You'll also find that bureaucrats tend to be very forgiving in the gear department if you play carefully, so even if you dump most of your budget into your enforcer you'll be doing fine with both of them.

If you get really bogged down and are grinding inferno missions in TL6-7, then I'd probably have to recommend the bureaucrat just by default, with the xp and insurance perks you'll level very fast, and people are usually very happy to have a bureaucrat along in a leveling team for the same reason.

And as the others are saying, remember that this is a social game, and most people are here to have fun and chat with people. There are a few jerkwads, but they're definitely the exception. Most people are simply quiet until you engage them, and remind them that there's a person behind that crat or enforcer. I find that assuming people are friendly and well-meaning until they prove otherwise and trying to engage as many people as possible makes the game extremely enjoyable overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Litestrider View Post
    Those are both extremely good choices in terms of finding teams and doing stuff later on! Bureaucrats are everywhere, but nobody will hesitate to pick up another bureaucrat because they deal great damage in addition to their awesome init debuffs and crowd control. Enforcer, I can't tell you how many raids I've seen fail to start because nobody wants to play the tank, and I find it kind of funny because I love tanking everything! Doctor is the other super-high-demand job, but they seem somewhat more plentiful and less demanded than the other two, at least among the people I hang out with. Don't think these three are the only options of course, especially if you get a decent org where everyone will know you so having you play a "non-standard" healer/tank/whatever is less of a liability.

If you like to solo a lot, it's really hard to beat bureaucrat. It's rather "hands off" though, because having no healing means you'll let your pets take most of the hits for tougher stuff. Enforcer on the other hand tends to lack damage which makes soloing rather slow. On the other hand, it's really hard to beat that feeling of complete invulnerability you get as a high level enforcer, you can take ridiculous amounts of punishment even before a doctor starts applying their massive heals or a bureaucrat starts init debuffing and calming everything!

Honestly, I'd have to say "por que no los dos?" The two professions are very different and thus require very different gear for most of their leveling, so why not level both the characters at the same time? Daily missions makes it very easy to level multiple characters in parallel, and there are enough dailies that managing two character will probably take up most of your playtime and progress the characters very fast. You'll also find that bureaucrats tend to be very forgiving in the gear department if you play carefully, so even if you dump most of your budget into your enforcer you'll be doing fine with both of them.

If you get really bogged down and are grinding inferno missions in TL6-7, then I'd probably have to recommend the bureaucrat just by default, with the xp and insurance perks you'll level very fast, and people are usually very happy to have a bureaucrat along in a leveling team for the same reason.

And as the others are saying, remember that this is a social game, and most people are here to have fun and chat with people. There are a few jerkwads, but they're definitely the exception. Most people are simply quiet until you engage them, and remind them that there's a person behind that crat or enforcer. I find that assuming people are friendly and well-meaning until they prove otherwise and trying to engage as many people as possible makes the game extremely enjoyable overall.
    Awesome post, thanks for that I have been enjoying the aspect of having a powerful pet backing me up on my crat, although I still find myself pulling more attention than him, even though he's doing all the punching :P and so I've been dying still when trying to solo things like the alien missions, but I assume I just am forgetting something there. And I think I will definitely play more than one char, yeah. I'd like to ideally get something to at least 200 someday, but I'm not really picky about which one it is at the end of the day