Thread: Battlestation ' Team Deatchmatch '

Battlestation ' Team Deatchmatch '

Yesterday evening the Battlestation bugged. A group of players joined (about 12) and after a few minutes we got disconnected. When signing back in we were inside a battlestation without the score map and counter. The result was awesome.

We had our personal instance of BS team deathmatch fun. 5v5 brawls at core, basically everyone went straight to core after decon. The game lasted for at least 45 minutes judging from the time remainder on my RRFE.

Suggestion:

Add 'team deathmatch' game mode to battlestations. Take a little league of legends (5v5), a little counterstrike (server always running instead of bs invite), a little tir arena (remove A, B, and C, core spawns only) and give decent vp per kill. Maybe even only open it up on saturday nights.

It's a bit rough but hey this can be made into a fun jewel, we all had a buttload of fun last night. I used to play a lot of guild wars 1 pvp, just spawn a toon and jump into random arena's. PVP on demand.

Oh and I dueled a bit afterwards which was also fun. (sneak advertising https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30XAnM1Vc4o )

New pvp content would be awesome in my opinion. Bump for suggestion.
    Just finished setting up prefs and client crashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Drdoll View Post
    New pvp content would be awesome in my opinion. Bump for suggestion.
    Thank you Drdoll!

yeah. that would be a nice addition. but i am for fixing the old stuff first. the problem with battlestations are imo 3: 1.The mechanics are broken to form uneven teams at small numbers. So it is very common that one side is heavily outnumbered. 2.That people afk or are just there to farm stuff, making them useless and again teams uneven. 3.That if one side dominates, the other quits, because it is the same teams over and over as there is no random assignment.

all this has been known for years and started to be an issue ever since numbers dropped low enough for these problems to matter. i'm afraid all these would also affect your suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    2.That people afk or are just there to farm stuff, making them useless and again teams uneven.
    Emphasizing this part because it's exactly what I said effortless XP dailies would do when they were announced. But as usual funcom listened to whiners instead of common sense.

On the bright side all those who thought the ridiculous xp dailies were a good idea to improve battlestation pvp get to read my I TOLD YOU SO.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkerThanBlack View Post
    Emphasizing this part because it's exactly what I said effortless XP dailies would do when they were announced. But as usual funcom listened to whiners instead of common sense.

On the bright side all those who thought the ridiculous xp dailies were a good idea to improve battlestation pvp get to read my I TOLD YOU SO.
    220 battlestation sure did get a lot more active and a lot more fun since tripple dailies were improved. I must agree that lower (only got experience in 150) battlestations didn't get much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradoroz View Post
    220 battlestation sure did get a lot more active and a lot more fun since tripple dailies were improved. I must agree that lower (only got experience in 150) battlestations didn't get much better.
    afaik it was just returned to normal after being hit with the headless nerfbat.

It's active yeah, just like kite hill. Everyone sits on their asses waiting for free xp and every once in a while there's pvp involved.

Better remove rewards for turreting and add them for pvp then.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradoroz View Post
    Better remove rewards for turreting and add them for pvp then.
    I tried suggesting rewards for actual pvp, got swarmed by a "pvp sucks this game is pvm" mob. Good luck with that.

Good idea. Remove the dailies again, because it benefited the game so much the first time.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    Good idea. Remove the dailies again, because it benefited the game so much the first time.
    See that's what I'm talking about. People can't see beyond the crappy band-aid fixes funcom provides, shame.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkerThanBlack View Post
    See that's what I'm talking about. People can't see beyond the crappy band-aid fixes funcom provides, shame.
    Enlighten us with your magnificent thoughts.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    Enlighten us with your magnificent thoughts.
    Nah, wasted lots of time on that already.

make battlestation 100% self buffed and i play there evry day

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    make battlestation 100% self buffed and i play there evry day
    And by that I assume teaming is disabled, and you can't even heal your own side as well ?

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP