Thread: Nodrop tag on taraloot

Nodrop tag on taraloot

I think removing the nodrop tag on a few of the items there would be a really nice idea such as on the Gaily Painted Hood or Globe of Sufferance. Some of us are unable to attend these raids and no one seems to be selling the lootrights to them either.
    Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
    And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
    Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
    I shake it off, I shake it off

tara loot is handled in raid bots and none of them allow lootright selling, so your best chance to get the items you need is to raid when its advertised on a 200+ alt and tell the raidleader if you win the loot on what toon you'll be coming back on to loot it.

neuts and omni use hellcom, im not sure what the name of the clan bot is, but this is the only way your going to get it :/

as for the removing of the nodrop tags personally i think its a bad idea with the low population in the game when a vet gets 1 of all the loot they will not attend no more till it gets to the point that no will go unless its for an igoc or a rbp to sell for creds.
    [GM]: Is there anything else I can assist you with for now?
    To [GM]: lol can you tuck me in bed please im tired xD
    [GM]: Haha, that's a new one! :P

Rikaria 220/30/63 NT sent to bio matter reprocessing
    Strinarry 220/30/61 Crat eat you heart out hotbars
    Emmantion 200/30/58 Fix is it dead yet >.<
    Kamiashi 200/00/00 Soldier (froob) spoilt child

Quote Originally Posted by Rikaria View Post
    tara loot is handled in raid bots and none of them allow lootright selling, so your best chance to get the items you need is to raid when its advertised on a 200+ alt and tell the raidleader if you win the loot on what toon you'll be coming back on to loot it.

neuts and omni use hellcom, im not sure what the name of the clan bot is, but this is the only way your going to get it :/

as for the removing of the nodrop tags personally i think its a bad idea with the low population in the game when a vet gets 1 of all the loot they will not attend no more till it gets to the point that no will go unless its for an igoc or a rbp to sell for creds.
    actually that is only half true. there is no real meaningful loot on tara left that cannot be traded. eot is not endgame equip any more and neither is gph. those would be the only things non-tradable that are noteworthy. and i do think there should be some stuff exclusive to people that actually raid the chicken.

Some of us aren't allowed to join these raidbots for tara and so there is no way for us to get these items on our froobs. (Paids can farm collector.)

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsNotMyName View Post
    Some of us aren't allowed to join these raidbots for tara and so there is no way for us to get these items on our froobs. (Paids can farm collector.)
    that is the idea of tara as it is. that this loot is not accessible to all. if it was, no one would show up for tara.

The main reason people are there is for loot that is yes drop and the remaining stuff that people like and is no drop and which be great stuff for froobs and lowbee's.. So it's a useless balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    that is the idea of tara as it is. that this loot is not accessible to all. if it was, no one would show up for tara.
    That is wrong. The rules that you gotta be 200+ and not froob come from a silly person who decided this is how it should be. Back when I played on DNW/RK3 Tarabot had level req 120 and was open for all. It's a player decision, not gamewise.

I would agree with you on "exclusive stuff for people who raid the dragon", but you also said that this stuff isn't endgame equip anymore. So tell me, where is the point in having a 200+ raidbot, when the loot is almost irrelevant then?
    Removing the NODROP tag from EoT wouldn't hurt anyone at all. It's prof specific anyways. GPH could be debateable, but nevertheless it's an item that is most useful in the levelrange it is designed for: 120+ / midlevel.
    Removing the NODROP tag from OFAB Armor was way worse, than this could ever be.
    Last edited by Baby; Jan 26th, 2015 at 11:38:33.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsNotMyName View Post
    I think removing the nodrop tag on a few of the items there would be a really nice idea such as on the Gaily Painted Hood or Globe of Sufferance. Some of us are unable to attend these raids and no one seems to be selling the lootrights to them either.
    Sounds like you're not enjoying the fruits of your antibot rebellion hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkerThanBlack View Post
    Sounds like you're not enjoying the fruits of your antibot rebellion hehe.
    No, not really, I've never been "antibot".

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    That is wrong. The rules that you gotta be 200+ and not froob come from a silly person who decided this is how it should be. Back when I played on DNW/RK3 Tarabot had level req 120 and was open for all. It's a player decision, not gamewise.

I would agree with you on "exclusive stuff for people who raid the dragon", but you also said that this stuff isn't endgame equip anymore. So tell me, where is the point in having a 200+ raidbot, when the loot is almost irrelevant then?
    Removing the NODROP tag from EoT wouldn't hurt anyone at all. It's prof specific anyways. GPH could be debateable, but nevertheless it's an item that is most useful in the levelrange it is designed for: 120+ / midlevel.
    Removing the NODROP tag from OFAB Armor was way worse, than this could ever be.
    it has always been policy, as far as i know, that you have to bring your tl7 toon for tara and can loot on a lower one. tara always was won on endgame toons, never on twinks. i agree though that a yesdrop tag on eot wouldnt hurt, but i also see very limited benefit from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    it has always been policy, as far as i know, that you have to bring your tl7 toon for tara and can loot on a lower one. tara always was won on endgame toons, never on twinks. i agree though that a yesdrop tag on eot wouldnt hurt, but i also see very limited benefit from it.
    That's what I've been told on this server, yes. I consider it pretty silly excluding froobs from froob stuff though. Maybe Tara should get a level lock for lvl200.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    That's what I've been told on this server, yes. I consider it pretty silly excluding froobs from froob stuff though. Maybe Tara should get a level lock for lvl200.
    Or maybe tara should get an actual improvement, I for one am tired of seeing this game continually getting balanced over froobs, noobs, and lowbies while endgame characters have no reason to log on anymore.

Omni side allows 200 froobs, pretty sure clan side allows it too, but does not win... then there are Dreadloch guys who sometimes outdamage raid.

Remove nodrop tag and all the fun drama would be lost forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

im in dreadlock but ive said to warfang that if im on (as i play eve more now and not AO) ill join the raid on a dreadlock toon and only follow hellcom rules. but part of the problem with loot is the players have let these bots control the raids and even that is not all of the problem, the other part is the numbers either side, if we had a larger player base you would see more of org raids attempting to take the raid as an org raid, this would then end up pushing these bot out and make is a DD contest with pvp if the other factions showed up.

i dont mind bots running raids but being an old rk2'r i would rather see it like it was there lvl 120+ (might of been 150 cant remember exactly) and even as the servers were about to be joined there was talk about not letting froobs in to the omni side bots, now having froobs my self this annoyed me and i was part of helping get froobs in to the side bot. if you on a toon that cant get in to the raid bot dont you think you should be pointing out this to the admins of the bot and seeing if you can get them to change the rules and allow lower lvl froobs in to RK content.
    [GM]: Is there anything else I can assist you with for now?
    To [GM]: lol can you tuck me in bed please im tired xD
    [GM]: Haha, that's a new one! :P

Rikaria 220/30/63 NT sent to bio matter reprocessing
    Strinarry 220/30/61 Crat eat you heart out hotbars
    Emmantion 200/30/58 Fix is it dead yet >.<
    Kamiashi 200/00/00 Soldier (froob) spoilt child

im in dreadlock but ive said to warfang that if im on (as i play eve more now and not AO) ill join the raid on a dreadlock toon and only follow hellcom rules. but part of the problem with loot is the players have let these bots control the raids and even that is not all of the problem, the other part is the numbers either side, if we had a larger player base you would see more of org raids attempting to take the raid as an org raid, this would then end up pushing these bot out and make is a DD contest with pvp if the other factions showed up.

i dont mind bots running raids but being an old rk2'r i would rather see it like it was there lvl 120+ (might of been 150 cant remember exactly) and even as the servers were about to be joined there was talk about not letting froobs in to the omni side bots, now having froobs my self this annoyed me and i was part of helping get froobs in to the side bot. if you on a toon that cant get in to the raid bot dont you think you should be pointing out this to the admins of the bot and seeing if you can get them to change the rules and allow lower lvl froobs in to RK content.
    pardon me if i am mistaken. this is nonsense as proven by the past. the purpose of bots is to NOT have dd wars on mobs all the time. that is exactly why people have pointbots. because they prefer to built points to get loot for sure with time over loosing dd wars and eventually never getting anything.

Yeah point bots make it predictable for someone who really wants their lewt. Its by no means predictable what side wins it.. rightnow Hellcom firmly owns it, but should clans bring 60 odd people that would change.

Tara is all about sidebot prestigue. If you wanna win Tara, your side has to work toggether and win. At various times in history each side won it, usually for longer periods.

As such Tara is the championship raid, champions can have it, the rest gotta work up to become champions.

Remove nodrop, and all of this becomes meaningless, if anything Tara loot should be improved, we now have new and improved EOT, likewise Globe of sufference should recieve imbued globe of sufference version with maybe 700 ac and hp? imagine the prettiness. Finaly that sexy 2hb staff, I'd love to see a 200ql option for froobs and ql300 for paids (imbued like eot) stats can be identical to EOT for all i care, just something that is viable and worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    Yeah point bots make it predictable for someone who really wants their lewt. Its by no means predictable what side wins it.. rightnow Hellcom firmly owns it, but should clans bring 60 odd people that would change.

Tara is all about sidebot prestigue. If you wanna win Tara, your side has to work toggether and win. At various times in history each side won it, usually for longer periods.

As such Tara is the championship raid, champions can have it, the rest gotta work up to become champions.

Remove nodrop, and all of this becomes meaningless, if anything Tara loot should be improved, we now have new and improved EOT, likewise Globe of sufference should recieve imbued globe of sufference version with maybe 700 ac and hp? imagine the prettiness. Finaly that sexy 2hb staff, I'd love to see a 200ql option for froobs and ql300 for paids (imbued like eot) stats can be identical to EOT for all i care, just something that is viable and worth it.
    Then why not add nodrop tags to iGoC's and RBP's as well?

Idealy yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post

this.