Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - January 2015 (The Calm)

I'm particularly curious what will be different from the previous 18.7.

Anyhow, Michi did good in the last patches, especially with things people have been asking for, so I'm confident this patch will be great!
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Good luck getting all the changes in that patch documented in the patchnotes (We all know you always miss out a few vital things )
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Im..actually really excited for these patch notes to be released...good job so far michi/all the other hidden people that I don't know!

i've said it before, and i'll say it again. it is beyond folly to try to rebalance every prof at the same time. it will go bad and it will take a lot of time to sort things out. inevitably. people will get frustrated, and people will quit. do it one by one. that is going to be challenging enough to do for the small staff you have.

That would take ages to do and runs the risk of needing new waves of balances when a later change negatively affects an earlier one. A rough universal template now, that can then be ironed out by the testers, is the correct course of action.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    That would take ages to do and runs the risk of needing new waves of balances when a later change negatively affects an earlier one. A rough universal template now, that can then be ironed out by the testers, is the correct course of action.
    more likely it will be complete mayhem. why would later changes negatively effect earlier ones? even if so, it should not be as bad. but don't worry, they won't listen. i do hope i don't get to tell you i told you so. but i am quite certain i will. ao is just far to complex to give it a complete overhaul at the snip of a finger.

Hi Mitchi,

In case the 18.7 changes will require players to change their skill setup, will you provide a one time full IPR to us, and most importantly, without the need to de-equip everything?
    I will not have the patience to retwink alphas on all my chars.

Thank you

@Charmant: That idea is poorly thought out. I understand that stripping and re-gearing is horrible but you're not thinking of how twinking works and how imbalanced it would be to have a full no-gear removal required IPR.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    i've said it before, and i'll say it again. it is beyond folly to try to rebalance every prof at the same time. it will go bad and it will take a lot of time to sort things out. inevitably. people will get frustrated, and people will quit. do it one by one. that is going to be challenging enough to do for the small staff you have.
    Yeah, but Genele messed that up. The snowball is coming and you can either face it or duck.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    Yeah, but Genele messed that up. The snowball is coming and you can either face it or duck.
    ah. i missed that post by michi. but good to see he at least sees that its a problem and would have preferred the reasonable approach. also good to know i am not the only one thinking this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    Indeed and Mitchi is stuck with those idiotic notions that precede him; I hate to be the "I told you so" guy, but I am; I slated and expressed grievous doubts about Genele being AO's GD, I stand by them despite us all being ordered to stop expressing those concerns about our GD; (that last dictate issued was akin to a North Korea "leader" dictating that no person may raise a voice against them btw, rabid and desperate)

And so it falls, quite painfully I'd guess into Mitchi's lap, I do not envy you Mitchi, but if anyone has the ability to make it work it's you.

No current employees of FC where harmed in the making of this post.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

GJ michi!

And good luck with 18.7 it needs a bit of work but I think it's going to mix things up a lot in game.

Do you have a MA professional yet?

/rah
    'The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.' - Steven Wright

Hmm, Page 2... First for me!
    This is going to be interesting. Looking forward to testing this.
    Great job Michi!
    DROP TABLE AO.Secret_Nerf_Table

AOSpeak Site
    Join AOSpeak, the Anarchy Online Teamspeak 3 server!
    Send /tell speak help for more information.

"With regards to the rebalance changes themselves, I will be open to criticism, and will expect a fair amount of feedback. We have started initiating a number of new Professionals, who I greatly look forward to working with, and I hope to fill some of the remaining vacancies once these changes start reaching Testlive. Once again, thank you to everyone who provided 18.7 feedback - Many of the modifications made were directly inspired by our Professionals and general feedback."

Perfect Attitude! Bring in changes, then adjust them in monthly rounds of rebalance until professionals are happy. Thank you very much!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Perfect Attitude! Bring in changes, then adjust them in monthly rounds of rebalance until professionals are happy. Thank you very much!
    i agree on the attitude thing. but that is asking to much. professionals by definition should never all be happy at the same time.

MP updates...details please? Are we FINALLY going to get the power up we are LONG overdue for??? Especially at TL7!

Perfect Attitude! Bring in changes, then adjust them in monthly rounds of rebalance until professionals are happy.
    Being a professional is nothing more than a popularity contest, and being popular doesnt not always mean "being right" {edited by Anarrina: actually lets not}.
    Pleasing the proffessionals is not a garuntee of pleasing the population since we all have our own agenda and point of view on specific issues.
    A past Engie pro, once decided it would be "cool if we had to use trade skills for casting", none of the rest of us agree'd with this and yet it still managed to make it in to rebalance documents.
    So dont try to please the pro's, try to please the people who actualy play.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Feb 2nd, 2015 at 04:11:45.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    Indeed and Mitchi is stuck with those idiotic notions that precede him; I hate to be the "I told you so" guy, but I am; I slated and expressed grievous doubts about Genele being AO's GD, I stand by them despite us all being ordered to stop expressing those concerns about our GD; (that last dictate issued was akin to a North Korea "leader" dictating that no person may raise a voice against them btw, rabid and desperate)

And so it falls, quite painfully I'd guess into Mitchi's lap, I do not envy you Mitchi, but if anyone has the ability to make it work it's you.

No current employees of FC where harmed in the making of this post.
    Actually, no, that is an intentional misrepresentation of what you were told.

I did say, and have said, you are entirely welcome to make valid criticisms and explain why you had them. What you WEREN'T and AREN'T allowed to do is make unfounded accusations, speculations as to motives that aren't based in actual fact, or link someone's fitness to do a job based on their physical gender.

The fact that people continually misunderstand the distinctions there is frequently a problem, as you might image.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

AO is so dead and even though, Michi´s passion and dedication is that strong...
    In my opinion, the best man in this function / role this game ever had so far.

You are doing a very nice job.
    Please keep up and never loose your spirit.

Greetings,
    Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Rank1
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Maxwell
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Zidane
    ..:: 220|28|66|e|::.. Isaak
    ..:: 215|20|56|e|::.. Rumb0
    ..:: 215|15|29|e|::.. Tiesto-1
    ..:: 212|17|46|e|::.. Pulsedriver
    ..:: 210|08|09|e|::.. Unseen

.. :: Punk :: ..