Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - January 2015 (The Calm)

Lets have three horrays for Michi! Horray, horray, horraayy

I'll be honest and say that I'm approaching 18.7 with extreme trepidation. The NPE is fun assuming it's largely the same as what's offered on Beta server, but it's all the prof changes coming that I'm worried about. Whilst there was some great stuff in there, some changes looked absolutely horrible and whilst I know that stuff has switched about, I will remain antsy until I've seen the Testlive notes. Some of what had been proposed was so awful the entire profession might as well be given a new name because what they would become wasn't even remotely in the spirit of what they used to be. I've recently sort of got back into the game and revisiting old characters has been a blast. But if they become unplayable because the changes are too great, I'm not in a position to use broken characters to attempt to farm an entirely new set of phats in order to unbreak them!

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

It's going to be challenging to have new people explore the NPE when many people are playing with newer computers that don't support older games video setups.

Will agents finally beable to re-use aimedshot in pvm, WHENEVER they want?!?!?!

Are we gonna see the full profession changes patch notes before they go live? I don't want to keep my sub running hoping for good things just to see my characters become unplayable, been burnt like that before.

Hi Mich,
    When the 18.7 patch goes to the Live server will you be releasing the new Client as well?

Datch

I think it's been mentioned before but.. 18.8 is the new engine. 18.7 is the "rebalance".

Thus one can understand that 18.7 won't bring the new engine. 18.8 will. I don't get why so many people keep asking this when the info's surely available in past monthly update posts.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

i wouldn't exactly call the next nail in the coffin of a dying game an expansion pack. at least not one i'd pay money for.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Poko View Post
    Will agents finally beable to re-use aimedshot in pvm, WHENEVER they want?!?!?!
    Yes please make this happen. I hardly use my agent at all because I can only use aimed shot once which makes him completely gimp. He has become just a buffing toon because he can cast nanos for many professions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunforhire View Post
    Yes please make this happen. I hardly use my agent at all because I can only use aimed shot once which makes him completely gimp. He has become just a buffing toon because he can cast nanos for many professions.
    dude. you're missing the point. the reusable aimed shot is not the aimed shot you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    dude. you're missing the point. the reusable aimed shot is not the aimed shot you know.
    Sorry but I don't understand. Please enlighten my noobness.

Michi, is there any chance of a multiple account discount in the future on the proviso that you buy more than X months at the time of purchase? For example -10% for your second account -20% for the third account etc for X months?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    I say this with all love and humor, but...

haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gargle View Post
    Michi, is there any chance of a multiple account discount in the future on the proviso that you buy more than X months at the time of purchase? For example -10% for your second account -20% for the third account etc for X months?
    I can forsee the lack of QA, and the 11th+ account gives over 100% discount, so FC starts paying you

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    I can forsee the lack of QA, and the 11th+ account gives over 100% discount, so FC starts paying you
    Well I was being pretty modest in my suggestion for such an old game with so many broken deadlines. I'll just keep putting €50 or so per month into my Steam account instead for the summer sale and keep playing one account. This is not a financial decision per say, I just feel that they're asking a bit too much but of course this is just one persons opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    I say this with all love and humor, but...

haters gonna hate.

It isn't just one persons opinion, its an opinion shared by many. Just doesn't happen to be funcoms opinion which unfortunately is the only opinion that matters ☹

I know a few that haven't just slimmed down the number of accounts but have given up altogether and moved to cheaper options. Funcom don't care. They are the only business I've come across that actively tell you not to subscribe again. (I've been told this personally over two unrelated issues).

You would think they didn't want a playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by gresh View Post
    It isn't just one persons opinion, its an opinion shared by many. Just doesn't happen to be funcoms opinion which unfortunately is the only opinion that matters ☹

I know a few that haven't just slimmed down the number of accounts but have given up altogether and moved to cheaper options. Funcom don't care. They are the only business I've come across that actively tell you not to subscribe again. (I've been told this personally over two unrelated issues).

You would think they didn't want a playerbase.

I agree! 100% ^+1

Definitely not just one person's opinion. I know everyone should get another job if they think it is expensive and all of the other conventional wisdom on here, but the game is overpriced in the opinion of many. It is not that the price is super high, but in comparison to other and much more actively developed and populated games, this is overpriced by a long shot.

We want patch notes!

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Poko View Post
    We want patch notes!
    I'm still writing them. :P
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast