Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 18.7.0.20 Testlive notes.

18.7.0.20 Testlive notes.

Ok, so we've got a few more tweaks for 18.7.

In case you missed it, here are Michi's notes:
    Nano Technician:
    Nano Garuk's Improved Virual Assault: Increased damage, lowered requirements to reach the increased damage tiers, 10 second cooldown
    Cyberdecks can be fired like a normal weapon
    Reduced casting time of AI DoTs
    AoE nanos introduced with Lost Eden now cast a 1s debuff that will damage the target on ending
    Triple nanos have been replaced by a 3s debuff that will damage the target on ending
    Double nukes have had their damage reduced
    Reduced chance of break on Range debuffs, increased effectiveness
    Perk Program Overload cannot cause a Fumble

Previous changes from the earlier 18.7 patch:
    Nano-Technician :
    Nano-Technician's Greater Nanobot Shelter and Nanobot Shielding is now a nano line that increases the caster's nano damage multiplier by 7% and 10%.
    Nano-Technician's Izgimmer's Wealth is now a nano heal restoring 20.000 of the caster's nano. The line cooldown should be 2 minutes.
    Nano-Technician's Forget Me! will no longer de-taunt enemies that are not in combat. The line cooldown of this nano will be 10.00 seconds.
    Grid armor nukes have been removed.
    Only two team warp nano programs remain, one for self with a 5 minute cooldown and one team with 10 minute cooldown. This nano will take you to the city that is controlled by your side. Neutrals get sent to Borealis, Clanners get sent to Tir and Omnis to Rome. The caster's side doesn't affect the destination of his teammates.

Some of you may have noticed that the changes to Nullity Sphere are gone. I'm glad to say, it has been reverted back to a pure reflect and not the silly damage to nano thing it was previously. It's still a little different than the Live version however.

Here are the specifics:
    Duration: 00:00:20 (18 for NS1)
    Attack 1.00s
    Recharge 2.00s (5.00 for NS1)
    Nanoline Cooldown: Nullity Sphere Nano for 60.00s
    Modifier:
    On User:
    Modify ReflectProjectileAC 100
    Modify ReflectMeleeAC 100
    Modify ReflectEnergyAC 100
    Modify ReflectChemicalAC 100
    Modify ReflectRadiationAC 100
    Modify ReflectColdAC 100
    Modify ReflectFireAC 100
    Modify ReflectPoisonAC 100
    Modify Run Speed -3000 (-3500 for NS1)
    Modify Concealment -1000
    Cast Defensive Focus

The cool part is, we can move... sorta. It's obviously going to reduce you to walking speed.

GIVA has some new damage ranges:
    Modifier:
    On Target:
    Taunt -5000
    Damage 250-400 if On Self: Affected by: Self Illumination
    Damage 10800-16600 if On Caster: Matter Crea from 3200
    Damage 9600-15200 if On Caster: Matter Crea below 3200 and Matter Crea from 2800
    Damage 8400-14800 if On Caster: Matter Crea below 2800 and Matter Crea from 2400
    Damage 7200-13400 if On Caster: Matter Crea below 2400 and Matter Crea from 2200
    Damage 6000-12000 if On Caster: Matter Crea below 2200

Those figures are better, but most of those MC requirements are still unrealistic. Unfortunately, it still has the really high NR of 100% and requires a DoT to be running. Call me crazy, but I'm also not a fan of the de-taunt.

Also worth noting is the loss of Tripples. While I did want them to go eventually, these new nanos are odd. I haven't had a chance to test them yet, however.

Try it out, and please discuss. There is definitely room for improvement here.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

The only thing I found somewhat troublesome is the loss of Nanobot Shielding/Guard, though pretty much only in PvP.

I get having to choose between defense and offense but I can't help but feel that when going for defense we'll lose access to the majority of our PvP-related Arsenal (including the new 3s "bomb-type" thing that I haven't gotten to test much yet either), thus becoming too ineffective.

I agree with the MC values still being unrealistic though I appreciate the overall damage buff NT's have gotten. Would love to see some raids and whatnot done on Testlive for a multitude of reasons, one of them definitely being NT damage in that scenario.

P.S - I already found a cute unintended feature with the new cyberdeck (and reported to Michi). The PvP one (has no level/skill requirements) has same damage range as Izgimmer and someone working hard enough can get it on at very very low levels for some really interesting damage on an otherwise naked toon Still, test it while it's there, it's fun enough.
    Last edited by DigitalBath; Feb 11th, 2015 at 06:58:40.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Also worth noting is Self Illumination's duration has been extended by 9 seconds.

This shouldn't really let us get in an additional GIVA in, but will make the current occasional nuke lag not cause you to miss it and have to recast some sort of DoT. (Assuming GIVA, nuke, nuke, nuke, GIVA)

While I'm on the subject of GIVA, the damage range still doesn't warrant the use of gear that adds nano skills over direct nano damage. The overall damage is better, but speaking from a PvM perspective, it's not good enough. DM's damage range was 12892-17894 with SI running, and was the sole reason we could even be considered a damage profession. I don't know what the exact plan is for Nano Technicians, however, and will be looking for clarification. Maybe we will be seeing some other sort of nuke to make up the difference.

If we are still relying on SL nanos to do damage, the change to the cyberdeck is largely useless. Due to capped cast times, it would rarely even come into play, and the damage I was seeing on it when I briefly tried it out were comparable to a Special Edition Kyr pistol. It's clearly a work in progress there, however, so I won't be harsh on it.

I'm not a fan of losing Nanobot Guard. I would be ok with letting Shielding go for our more static damage boost, but now we have no defense when using the less offensive, offensive LE nanos. Nanobot Guard was hardly a god-send either, but it could save you in a pinch. I personally don't see how anyone using the offensive nanos could survive a big alpha without it in PVP, or survive a mob with a bunch of HP who hits decently hard in PVM if NS2 and evades aren't enough.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

I fooled around with a 220 NT I built on Testlive before this patch. Something that needs to be taken into account is that the profession just got 10% extra nanodamage pretty much for free, and the Cyberdeck being an actual weapon creates a rather weird (yet intriguing) balance between boosting your nanodamge and your weapon damage for maximum effect. The deck itself doesn't hit super hard - with equipment I nabbed from Auto I was doing just a tad under 1k/hit with ~2500 crits. But it's still pretty neat and "feels" better for combat. Lower levels can probably appreciate this a lot more, especially as they don't often use one-second-recharge nukes until Touch of the Pyre.

Code:
    You successfully perform Knowledge Enhancer.
    You were healed for 86 points.
    Tarasque hit you for 327 points of melee damage.
    You increased your nanopool with 235 points.
    You were healed for 474 points.
    You increased your nanopool with 417 points.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 830 points of radiation damage.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 9095 points of radiation damage.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 744 points of radiation damage.
    Nano program executed successfully.
    Your nano program Optic Plague has stopped running on Tarasque...
    Tarasque tried to hit you, but missed!
    Executing Nano Program: Garuk's Improved Viral Assault.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 571 points of radiation damage.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 22408 points of radiation damage.

You hit Tarasque for 908 points of radiation damage.
    Executing Nano Program: Izgimmer's Ultimatum.
    Attacked by Tarasque!
    Tarasque tried to hit you, but missed!
    You absorbed 1334 points of cold damage.
    You were attacked with nanobots from Tarasque for 648 points of cold damage.
    You were attacked with nanobots from Tarasque for 927 points of cold damage.
    Tarasque hit you for 1163 points of melee damage.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 11296 points of radiation damage.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 744 points of radiation damage.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 571 points of radiation damage.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 20420 points of radiation damage.
    Wait for current nano program execution to finish.
    You increased your nanopool with 235 points.
    Tarasque hit you for 510 points of melee damage.
    You increased your nanopool with 417 points.
    You hit Tarasque for 2577 points of radiation damage. Critical hit!
    Something else to note. The attack animation for the cyberdecks was changed from a constant casting animation to as if the character was wielding a single pistol and shooting DOT tracers. It looks... rather awkward.
    Last edited by Saetos; Feb 11th, 2015 at 17:21:36.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

I wouldn't exactly call losing DM, Nanobot Guard and Nanobot Shielding, and the changes to Doubles and Triples free. My point is we're starting with an already broken profession here, and so far I don't see the changes balancing out positive, overall yet. Some of these changes needed to be made, but as things stand at this moment, they are making NT's even more meaningless than before. There's obviously much more testing and new additions to roll out, but so far, not good. I have asked for some clarifications, so until then, we need to just test what we have, and report what we like and don't like.

The Cyberdeck is nice, but still doesn't fit due to the single threadedness of Nanos and capped casting times. If you are using Nanos with 1 second recharge, you should see the cyberdeck hit only every other nuke, at best. Might be nice at lower levels, but I'd still like to see lower level GIVA type nukes available and adjustments made to SL nukes first. It needed to be done at some point, but so far it's not really useful at all.

Yea, the animation sure is goofy, huh? The Worn Cyberdeck that startup NT's had had the correct animation, but I suspect it changed because it was technicality a melee weapon and hit mobs from a distance while running. lol
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Vinkera View Post
    I wouldn't exactly call losing DM, Nanobot Guard and Nanobot Shielding, and the changes to Doubles and Triples free. My point is we're starting with an already broken profession here, and so far I don't see the changes balancing out positive, overall yet. Some of these changes needed to be made, but as things stand at this moment, they are making NT's even more meaningless than before. There's obviously much more testing and new additions to roll out, but so far, not good. I have asked for some clarifications, so until then, we need to just test what we have, and report what we like and don't like.

The Cyberdeck is nice, but still doesn't fit due to the single threadedness of Nanos and capped casting times. If you are using Nanos with 1 second recharge, you should see the cyberdeck hit only every other nuke, at best. Might be nice at lower levels, but I'd still like to see lower level GIVA type nukes available and adjustments made to SL nukes first. It needed to be done at some point, but so far it's not really useful at all.

Yea, the animation sure is goofy, huh? The Worn Cyberdeck that startup NT's had had the correct animation, but I suspect it changed because it was technicality a melee weapon and hit mobs from a distance while running. lol
    I plan on restoring Nanobot Guard as a part of the next update. Losing it was part of the previous 18.7 update that I didn't realize until it was a little too late. Nanobot Shielding, however, will not be returning. I'll also be removing the DoT requirement for Garuk's nuke, with some other tweaks, which should hopefully help.

For the cyberdeck animation, I tried a number of different styles/tricks, but I couldn't find a cool animation that would correctly execute the tracer at the end of it. At the end, I had the choice between a cool animation vs. a tracer, and went with the latter. :P
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Man, the removal of the shutdown from program overload is so many years overdue...

The increase in duration for SI, does that come with extra ticks? Last time we made them extend the duration the ticks weren't, and DPS goes down as a result

And yeah, I'm not a fan of the major detaunt on GIVA. IMO balancing damage output with aggro should be a skill. If you get aggro, you failed and must spend time using the detaunt nano/perk.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    I plan on restoring Nanobot Guard as a part of the next update. Losing it was part of the previous 18.7 update that I didn't realize until it was a little too late. Nanobot Shielding, however, will not be returning. I'll also be removing the DoT requirement for Garuk's nuke, with some other tweaks, which should hopefully help.

For the cyberdeck animation, I tried a number of different styles/tricks, but I couldn't find a cool animation that would correctly execute the tracer at the end of it. At the end, I had the choice between a cool animation vs. a tracer, and went with the latter. :P
    Wow... You sir... You're good...

Obviously, it's a little trickier without old Izgimmer's Wealth, but with a few more seconds on NS2, I'm not going to complain.

I don't know if you had any specifics in mind, or just restore it as-is, but the Trox NT's among us would be quite thrilled if we made the modifiers static instead of breed dependant. I mean specifically setting 659 to 85 and 661 to 175 for all breeds, which is what Solitus and Opifex have currently. (http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=263177) That does Nerf Nanomage a bit, but their naturally higher nanopool still gives them an advantage over other breeds.

I know the last iteration of NS2 recasted Nanobot Shelter after it terminated. While that would be nice, I don't see that as a requirement. Nanobot Guard is intended as a last ditch effort for survival, and if the NT does survive, it is reasonable that their defense is down, and need a moment to recover.

Nanobot Shielding... I was never really a fan of it, so I won't miss it. Mixing an offensive and defensive option into one nano was a bad idea.

If the tweaks you mean to GIVA involve reducing the NR and removing the detaunt, you are taking away almost all of the reasons I dislike it... I'd say lose the detaunt because if someone is foolish enough to fire GIVA right away before the tank has proper aggro, they deserve what's headed their way. Reducing NR is my primary complaint still. It really is GIVA's biggest Achilles heel in PVM, and when it can't land, you can try to spam it and punch through, but you'll watch your nanopool vaporize in seconds doing that. Usually mobs like the swamp hags in Belial Forest turn us back into 1 button wonders since IU lands no problem, but GIVA doesn't. With my setup, I shouldn't really have problems landing my primary damage nukes on anything in PvM. In PvP if someone decided NR8 is a good idea, then I guess I'm in trouble :P
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Vinkera View Post
    I know the last iteration of NS2 recasted Nanobot Shelter after it terminated. While that would be nice, I don't see that as a requirement. Nanobot Guard is intended as a last ditch effort for survival, and if the NT does survive, it is reasonable that their defense is down, and need a moment to recover.

Nanobot Shielding... I was never really a fan of it, so I won't miss it. Mixing an offensive and defensive option into one nano was a bad idea.
    Seeing as those nanos are changing in to something else, I don't reckon it'll be terminating them anymore.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Question is, do we want some kind of laddering nuke type, pull off nuke A to get a bigger badder nuke B and finaly a last huge monsternuke C with a resonably lock.. or? Not very usefull when fighting mobs with low hp on raids but just fine on bosses so i don't know.. ideas?
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Feb 12th, 2015 at 21:03:13.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

My sig makes sense yet again. Much love for the direction of NTs as laid out by Michizure so far.

Now to test and break stuff!
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

"Reduced chance of break on Range debuffs, increased effectiveness"
    Could we get some details on that, please?

Some numbers would be lovely, to tide me over until i can get my TL client running again
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

@sannz: I can't see the chance to break on the client (we'll have to wait for Demoder's DB rip ), but the current range debuffs on testlive are:

Enfraam's Perceiver: -14 RangeInc. Weapon / -14 RangeInc. NF. | 7.10s (2s cap) Attack, 2s Recharge
    Optimized Perceiver: -18 RangeInc. Weapon / -18 RangeInc. NF. | 7.10s (2s cap) Attack, 2s Recharge
    Enfraam's Perception Deceiver: -22 RangeInc. Weapon / -22 RangeInc. NF. | 6.10s (2s cap) Attack, 2.5s Recharge

All of these nanos have 70% Psycho Modi as an Attack Skill checking against 100% Nano Resist... I can't help but wonder if these two are switched around?
    Last edited by DigitalBath; Feb 13th, 2015 at 15:55:58.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    @sannz: I can't see the chance to break on the client (we'll have to wait for Demoder's DB rip ), but the current range debuffs on testlive are:

Enfraam's Perceiver: -14 RangeInc. Weapon / -14 RangeInc. NF. | 7.10s Attack, 2s Recharge
    Optimized Perceiver: -18 RangeInc. Weapon / -18 RangeInc. NF. | 7.10s Attack, 2s Recharge
    Enfraam's Perception Deceiver: -22 RangeInc. Weapon / -22 RangeInc. NF. | 6.10s Attack, 2.5s Recharge

All of these nanos have 70% Psycho Modi as an Attack Skill checking against 100% Nano Resist... I can't help but wonder if these two are switched around?
    Thank you.

So the big change is an increase from 18 to 22 in debuff strength, shortening of the cast time from 8.1 to 6.1 seconds (still capped at 2s?), and the recharge was sped up a bit from 2.5 to 2 seconds. Attack and Defense checks are still the same.

Not quite what I was hoping for. Especially with everyone being able to use Infused Computer Deck Range Increaser at no NCU penalty... Unless Michi changed the way this nano is calculated (e.g. debuff before players' buff/equipment, it won't help much.

What would be really interesting is if this could affect perk action ranges. That'd be nice.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

@Sannz: Yeah still capped at 2s! And the recharge on -22 is 2.5s so there's that.. I'll update the post above to mention the capped cast in case anyone else wants the info.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

I still can't help but wonder what's the point in range debuffs. The values are still low, they have no impact on aoe nanos and at 220 they're not even worth using since characters move so fast they can run into range in less than a second as opposed to the 2.5s cooldown on the nano itself. Same as stun, root, and blind nanos (against those with aao resist items) using them in pvp won't be worthwhile at all.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkerThanBlack View Post
    I still can't help but wonder what's the point in range debuffs. The values are still low, they have no impact on aoe nanos and at 220 they're not even worth using since characters move so fast they can run into range in less than a second as opposed to the 2.5s cooldown on the nano itself. Same as stun, root, and blind nanos (against those with aao resist items) using them in pvp won't be worthwhile at all.
    We asked that same question 8 years ago but didn't get a reply, same deal with the almost useless AI dots.
    The Red Brotherhood

New patch is up on Testlive - 18.7.0.21, NBG is back and no longer has breed differences ( DamageToNano temp set to 85 / DamageToNanoMultiplier temp set to 150 / Nanopoints -500, 5 hits, 5.0s delay)

1s attack, 1s recharge, 25sec duration after which it nukes your nano to 1 point every second for 5 seconds. Local Cooldown of 60s.

Ranges on GIVA changed to <2100 / 2100-2300 / 2300-2600 / 2600-3000 / >3000. I guess this puts the average NT on live in the 3rd range which is rather nice (roughly equiv. to DM with the 2nd best DoT up).

PvP "Stripped" Cyberdeck damage range was nerfed to prevent abuse by evil idiots.

Haven't noticed anything else yet but I'll be looking!

EDIT: The "PvP" AoE nukes and the new "delayed bomb" type nukes don't register the damage as being done by the NT.

Ex:
    - GIVA - You hit Punching Leet with nanobots for 20877 points of radiation damage.
    !- Izgimmer's Tactical Nuke - Punching Leet was attacked with nanobots for 5836 points of melee damage.
    !- Mastablasta's Cataclysm - Punching Leet was attacked with nanobots for 6707 points of radiation damage.
    Last edited by DigitalBath; Feb 13th, 2015 at 19:38:32.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

Great news, indeed.

I will be running some tests later and see how we're looking now.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

if garuks lands 20k+ dmg agein for pvm i might consider to play nt agein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast