Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 18.7.0.20 - Keeper Changes

Are Keepers any closer to being secondary tanks?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Wtb copy of the Excalibur more willing to drop, since it's kinda sorta going to be a very desired weapon in any tl6-7 pvp keepers setup
    Last edited by Dysfunction; Mar 26th, 2015 at 21:53:13.
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Scimitar (of spetses) drop was boosted a while ago, might be time to do the same for excali
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    Scimitar (of spetses) drop was boosted a while ago, might be time to do the same for excali
    I've been farming this mob for ~2 months now and getting about 6-10 kills a day on it..... haven't seen a single excal yet. It's kind of a boner killer honestly.
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
    I've been farming this mob for ~2 months now and getting about 6-10 kills a day on it..... haven't seen a single excal yet. It's kind of a boner killer honestly.
    Sounds like me with nippys.

Wonder if all the SL dyna bosses are in a sort of work union where they have leveraged 'time off' from dropping valuables.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Are Keepers any closer to being secondary tanks?
    I wanna say no but 1k more HP + AAD arua + 30 more dodge/duck technically says yes. Others profs have also gotten stuff to help them tank tho and a keep in the same team benefits them just as much with 4 auras running so overall Keeps haven't really gone up the tanking chain compared to live. I've always wanted Keep to be seen as a viable tank nearly matching Enfs/Bulky Solds instead of just a totem pole purely to help someone else tank, I love my Keep but sitting in the back with my Sub par DD and passive support can be pretty boring.

Last time i was asked to tank 2nd boss in 12man.....aggro just instantly jump to enfo tank other boss \0/
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Improved Enervate Imprisonment is now more effective.
    Not sure how it's more effective, still 35% resist, perhaps it removes more (time-wise) on snares/roots for every tick.

Faster tick maybe ? Haven't checked...
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

The descriptions for the Team Cast portion of the enervate are missing on Testlive.... So I'm not sure how it is improved :/
    Might have to wait until the next testlive patch to see or bump into Michi on TL or the forums for an answer
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.

Whats the name of the bot on test that has a history of the patches? i forgot...

Improved Enervate Imprisonment and all the lowers ones now remove root/snares regardless of duration, I tested this out by removing 4min+ roots with the lowest resist nano.

At first I thought it was a bug but after Michi fixed Improved Enervate Imprisonment which wasn't changed before to also do the same it seems that's how they're meant to work now.

*edit* *AOitems was updated and shows that all Enervate auras simply remove roots/snares now. "User Remove strain Snare."*
    Last edited by Rockdizzle; Apr 16th, 2015 at 08:46:58.

Just came back today after being gone for 5+ years. I tried to cast my "tone of" and "ambient" lines of nanos/hp and i notice that no ticks are going. I do get ticks from SL Spec 2 Tone of Harmony and Ambient Regeneration. Is there something i'm doing wrong? The nanos still exist on aoitems database and in my programs, but they don't look to do anything at all.
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Looks like some nice changes from reading.. but in practice? do we need to raise nano innit, would we max parry or save i.p, there will be some calcs that will need to be done to find out where x% changes to x% and use a break off point.. it sounds nice that we have also lowered skills on our top nano lines which will help when scaling these nanos without nano hot swaps on for better scaling.. what about sneak, is this now a viable hot swap? will melee energy be viable?.. if I remember right I've 1.9m ip to use! could be interesting.. I'm sure I've missed some things off but any feedback or debate welcome
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Qualinas
    You're kinda slow, aren't you, Mr. Nov09?

Well, its not everyday when I google for funcom or access funcom.com.
    Oh noes j00 want me to bring my "Join date: 2004" main to pwn yo? lols @ forum pvp

This patch makes me want to come back but my brain keeps telling me no
    Heh...

Quote Originally Posted by Negs View Post
    Just came back today after being gone for 5+ years. I tried to cast my "tone of" and "ambient" lines of nanos/hp and i notice that no ticks are going. I do get ticks from SL Spec 2 Tone of Harmony and Ambient Regeneration. Is there something i'm doing wrong? The nanos still exist on aoitems database and in my programs, but they don't look to do anything at all.
    Had a few people in game report the same thing. Known bug? or intended? Only Tone/Ambient nanos that are ticking are the SL Spec ones that scale with BM. The regular nanos cast, but don't tick.
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

It looks like they goofed on the auras, for instance the lowest heal aura will only heal for 53 once every 2 minutes instead of every 20s. They forgot the repeating part on the aura portion.

Also the +nano auras that work hit every 20s instead of every 10s like they used to. Copy/paste malfunction or intended?
    Last edited by Louderer789; Apr 27th, 2015 at 00:17:35.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Just 2 small things I noticed..haven't actually played my keeper that much this week... but Honor Restored seems to have the wrong description? (the old one from the Heal proc?) and IGoM is still only 2hrs :\

why you show this?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast