Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Patch Notes: 18.7.0. 20 - 24 [Testlive]

*.27 changes Masters Bidding reqs from 1301 pm/si to 1101 ts/mc. Now, I'm not at all against making a pet nano more pet-user friendly, but I am against making it unusable for advs without IP in an otherwise useless skill (ts). Alternatives could be having it require mc only or any other nanoskill but ts.

And how about losing the SL-only restriction on the source pods already?

A few of my findings: Morphs

Morphs:
    Morphs are Self only and there buff's should better reflect a roll.
    There are basically two versions. A sub 200/ froob friendly and a SL version.
    Wolf = Defense mode // Raw evades + RS
    Cat = Damage mode // AR + Damage Mode
    Leet = PvP? Mode // Crit and Conceal mode
    Dragon = Tank mode // Huge AC and HP buff
    Tree = Cool mode // Root self

Each of these Morphs have a team Aura (available in 2 QL) and all members get (Doing this by head and will update when I get home… It’s my lunch break atm):
    Wolf = add AAD + Perception
    Cat = add more raw Damage
    Leet = add Crit + Conceal
    Dragon = Shield
    Tree = 7% heal eff, 7% add ND and raw HD.

Each of these have Morph specials. (the self buffs have 18sec duration and 2min cool)
    Wolf = huge + AAD
    Cat = + Raw damage and AAO
    Leet = Huge crit bonus // Ability to Calm.
    Dragon = huge Shielding bonus // Single and AoE taunt // Self quick heals
    Tree = Nothing (Yet?)

Morph’s can now be switched on the fly!
    Wolf:
    Only the Morph gives us a bit more raw evades (about +300) but no AAD // (current Wolf gives +120 AAD and the Mother Wolf Aura +210 raw evades)
    We‘ve gotten a huge AAD boost for 18 sec 2min lock-out. Not sure I like it since I don’t know when I’ll ever be using it. The loss on the self quick heal is compensated big time.
    Since the latest patch which added team Aura’s the Wolf is a great evade choice. Nice support roll in team/ Nice Escape mode.

Cat:
    Kinda stayed the same. Just a lot more raw damage added. If you like to push DD I’m not sure which is better (Cat of Leet).

Leet:
    Huge upgrade there. Add’s a good amount of crit and with the aura running and the short buff we compete neck to neck with Agents.

Dragon:
    Yeah for it to stay dragon. And the size is a + too. The HP and the AC buffed are huge and suite the Tank roll. I’m not sure why this morph kept the selfheal. Have mixed feelings about this Morph mainly because I’ve never thought of the Advy as a tank nor did I choose the prof to fulfill that roll. In combination with the rest of the Advy toolset it’s perhaps a tad OP, not because of it’s evades etc. but the HP buffer, with the self heals, regular heals, perks and the new CH will make people start too.. Oh well you get the idea. Nothing is set in stone forever, so lets see how it works out.
    // Tanked 15% of LotV till I died and I consider myself not a good solo player. (only self buffed etc. no debuffing by others)… Might not seem much to some people but is way more then we currently can… (needs more data)

Tree:
    To be honest my favorite morph. And I still have whishes for it. But no alterations as of yet. The Aura will add some usefulness to Healers or Nano damage dealers and some minor heal delta. As this morph is stationary I think this could be a bit better. // - I like it to be stationary, keep the current resists, please fix the Stun resist as some stun’s still get through, and perhaps add the fear resist (kinda pointless to fear a tree perhaps a Morph special which boosts the Advy Pet Tower, and perhaps a tad more heal reactivity to the team aura. Who knows, it’s just wishful thinking.

In short,
    Wolf will be the main choice if you are a caller in Mass PvP. Cat might be main choice in a DD contest, Leet will be snatched by Agents, Dragons rule the world and we all should hug Tree’s.

Healing.

No changes regarding the regular heals. (I think)

Only Dragon kept the quick selfheal

CH is a full CH (insta cast) at a 1min cool.

All in all this last change is a real game changer. This one nano single handedly makes the Advy the second best healer in game. I guess we’ll see some more CH-blocker (Like the Blue mobs in Pande) spam by NPC in the future???.
    It fully replaces the need of the quick self nano’s as those where 4.5k max at a 25sec cool // in 1 min you could cast that twice = 9k self heal tops. Because this CH is now very usable it raises the question why the Dragon has kept the quick self heals. Might be more tweaking incoming on this department I guess.

Tree has gotten a slightly different aura and as it effects healing I’ll mention it here as well.
    Have not tested yet if the Tree kept it’s 9% heal efficacy (would need to team some one :P) but the top reworked Aura now adds 7% ( so not sure yet if it’s added to the old 9% we had/ or not..)

General buffs:

Gained a Sneak attack and Aimed Shot buff.
    Gained a Return to form Nano. Unmorph !!

Shields, root/snare resist and AC buff have stayed the same (yet)

Still wondering why Advy top weapon buffs only add 100 skill where other professions top there buff at over 200. So no changes here as of yet.

Some of the general buffs get overwritten by a Morph. AC buff for instance. So check your NCU what you have running after you switch morph.
    Some Out side buffed nano’s block you from casting Morphs (GSF blocks you from casting Leet // not sure if this can be casted if you are in leet already as PvP debuff…). Needs some tweaking, Please report all of the outside buff that block our Morph casting.

Charm Leet. Personally have little to no experiance with this but Masters bidding etc. I have not tested yet.

Advy Tower/ bulb:
    I think it can now be casted on RK (yeah ). Or atleast I was able to in ICC and a shop. Will need to do more testing. This might become a nice feature (see the tree suggestion) however the HP on the tower incombination with CH might make it a tad OP (Yes you are able to CH the tower). Could however use an AR template update or some more agro when it attacks to make it more usefull. We'll see how this will work out.
    Last edited by Zwelgje; Apr 14th, 2015 at 14:19:21. Reason: Added Leet and Tower.

Perks and Proc

I'll do this later.

All in all I like where this is going for the Adventurer. Without loosing our uniqueness and better fitting roll's we will stand out and might be a replacement for other professions by there lack of availability. Not sure if we rival to much with the FP of Agents and if our complete toolset might become to OP in some setup's Time will tell. Please keep reporting stuff and lets see if we can find a balance.

Hey, you're right. Test patch 18.7.0.21 ditched the outdoors and Shadowlands reqs on the Source Excavator Shells.

Now, how about that adventuring req...?

Edit: And the 1he buffs were increased by 20 points in 18.7.0.21 too. The pistol buffs weren't touched. At the very least, the level req on the lowest buffs needs to go to hell.
    Last edited by Scum; Apr 14th, 2015 at 21:51:06.

Was testing which morph would be the best DD fest and as I don't have a DD parser setup so here are just a few numbers.
    The most interesting about Cat is that we might be able to Cap FA and have over 10k burst self.
    Am using: Growling Predator Morph with High version of the Aura: +291 damage and 220 AAO. beckoning (+220 damage and lvl 220) Frenzy +150 damage and wearing, Offence Hud, Advy cloak, MotR and Electrophoridae Gloves (+44).
    So pure using Cat adds +441 Damage (Morph, Aura and Frenzy)T
    he rest is standard Advy setup...

• Attacking Punching Bag... (Low AC?)

You hit with 10 bullets...
    You hit Punching Bag for 15000 points of Full Auto damage.
    You hit Punching Bag for 10457 points of Burst damage.
    You hit Punching Bag for 3133 points of Fling Shot damage.
    You hit Punching Bag for 3388 points of energy damage.
    You hit Punching Bag for 3458 points of energy damage. Critical hit! (FA pistol QL 160)
    You hit Punching Bag for 5020 points of energy damage. Critical hit! (Twitch Pistol)

• Attacking Punching Bug... (High AC ?)

You hit Punching Bug for 7638 points of Burst damage.
    You hit Punching Bug for 2546 points of energy damage.
    You hit Punching Bug for 3588 points of energy damage. Critical hit! (Twitch Pistol)
    You hit with 10 bullets...
    You hit Punching Bug for 14680 points of Full Auto damage.
    You hit with 4 bullets...
    You hit Punching Bug for 10092 points of Full Auto damage. (compared to the 10 bullet FA you see how much the FA penalty is over 12k/13k)
    You hit Punching Bug for 2702 points of energy damage. Critical hit! (FA pistol)
    Seems I had Xan also running and somewhere it ended.. But you get the idea. So using Cat adds +441 Damage (Morph, Aura and Frenzy) and therefor in pure DD (PvM) you might want to take Cat over Leet just for the Specials and some Crit in your gear will do the rest.
    Last edited by Zwelgje; Apr 15th, 2015 at 14:05:08. Reason: Lay-out was just sad... sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Zwelgje View Post
    This one nano single handedly makes the Advy the second best healer in game.
    That's not really true. Fp doc agents will have ch with a 30 sec cooldown + the now improved le, and mas have greatly improved healing in zazen stance which easily outheals us even on high hp targets.

I'm still pretty bloody pissed that advy team buffs have been WTF nerfed.

18.6: self 120 AAD, team 261 evades
    18.7: self 330 evades, team 120 AAD

Not really one to hold back, so the truth is that Michi got this ass backwards. Advy self buffs needed a nerf not a boost, and advy team buffs were highly useful and probably the most broadly utilitarian aspect of teaming an advy and those buffs got a nerf bat into the dark ages.

I'm really pissed about it.

Yep. Advs are now selfish and better suited to be off soloing something somewhere than given a precious teamspot.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    I'm still pretty bloody pissed that advy team buffs have been WTF nerfed.

18.6: self 120 AAD, team 261 evades
    18.7: self 330 evades, team 120 AAD

Not really one to hold back, so the truth is that Michi got this ass backwards. Advy self buffs needed a nerf not a boost, and advy team buffs were highly useful and probably the most broadly utilitarian aspect of teaming an advy and those buffs got a nerf bat into the dark ages.

I'm really pissed about it.
    Have you actually thought out the implications of putting most of the stats in the longish-cast, morph-specific auras? Adding those auras as they are is already a bit of a step backwards in terms of flexibility.

On an unrelated note, I retract all my whining about the TS req on Master's Bidding. 1101 TS is far easier for an 18.7 adv than 1301 PM was for a pre-18.7 adv. 0 IP if you want to swap a ton of crap, probably ~100k IP should you want to cast it in combat gear for some reason, or maybe 20-30k with a few standard nanoskill gear swaps. I'd expect this to become popular with the sort of people who like /duel come tomorrow.

18.7.0 Is going Live. Please continue in the new threads.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12