Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need some tips on 220pvp and well.. pvm - Nano skills/dmg

I'm going shotty on my trox doc, simply because I don't want a 4th troa'ler smurf. Also the silverback looks like a baws!
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    Is someone running around on Test with an MK6 Silverback yet? I have troubles understanding why this would be viable since we have zero symb support for Shotgun and only 75 in research. A few numbers on stats, equip and DPM would be appreciated if anyone can! PvP and PvM wise.
    Im having the same Q. For pvm, the xan bow has alot lower reqs than xan shotty.
    But with research and items, its probably easier to get higher shotty skill. Not alot of support for bow. Even though bow is supported in our symbs.
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

WTB Red and blue teams in BS. Thanks Michi!

With 1.6 recharge speed you'd need about 1770 AS skill to cap the AS cycle, with 1.5 recharge you need about 1633. EC3 to all docs.
    Battle "Kitesfear" Hymns Field Marshall
    Arzamas "Reken" Sixteen Supreme Creator
    Bunch of alts

7.62 - One size fits all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitesfear View Post
    With 1.6 recharge speed you'd need about 1770 AS skill to cap the AS cycle, with 1.5 recharge you need about 1633. EC3 to all docs.
    Viking!
    What the hell? Where have you been?

Conquering the world and slaving people's souls. Lost the interest when they broke my newest toon right after I got the alphas etc in, and couldn't be arsed to level another one. Been getting random urges to get back lately, so maybe I'll pay the accounts again someday soonish.
    Battle "Kitesfear" Hymns Field Marshall
    Arzamas "Reken" Sixteen Supreme Creator
    Bunch of alts

7.62 - One size fits all.

I did see that, but is that literally all? I mean does the weapon QL not matter? What are the Aimed Shots? Seeing the att/recharge of the weap it seems even harder to get a decent AS cycle than with Troa'Ler. I'm not familiar with AS calculations that much, that's why I'm asking.
    The pistol will have the same recharge, meaning same AS cycle. The weapon QL does matter but since the silverback has better damage modifiers than the pistol at ql 100 already there's no need to fuss over equipping a ql 300 one. It was profession locked for good reason back in the day, idk why FC are making the same mistake twice.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkerThanBlack View Post
    The pistol will have the same recharge, meaning same AS cycle. The weapon QL does matter but since the silverback has better damage modifiers than the pistol at ql 100 already there's no need to fuss over equipping a ql 300 one. It was profession locked for good reason back in the day, idk why FC are making the same mistake twice.
    Kites mentioned this 3 posts up. Every +0.1s in weapon recharge requires +133 skill to cap AS, with 1 second removed per 33 skill.

On topic, try using malp with the ofab ring proc. Troll pistols are better for init-procing, but I prefer tiger for AS. Lusts/Hands feel underwhelming.

Oh, thats new for me - good, very goods news since I simply love the Silverback.

But we would trade some crits and constant decent AS against the pistol perks (not to mention to work on new ql 300 implants). Will this be a clever trade after all?

I did see that, but is that literally all? I mean does the weapon QL not matter? What are the Aimed Shots? Seeing the att/recharge of the weap it seems even harder to get a decent AS cycle than with Troa'Ler. I'm not familiar with AS calculations that much, that's why I'm asking.
    There were some Doctors and Engineers which had the Silverback on before they introduced the Trader-Only-flag - and did constantly and reliable insane AS (the Troalers AS do not even come close to them).
    Last edited by Dumonde; Mar 4th, 2015 at 12:29:25.
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Rank1
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Maxwell
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Zidane
    ..:: 220|28|66|e|::.. Isaak
    ..:: 215|20|56|e|::.. Rumb0
    ..:: 215|15|29|e|::.. Tiesto-1
    ..:: 212|17|46|e|::.. Pulsedriver
    ..:: 210|08|09|e|::.. Unseen

.. :: Punk :: ..

Bumping this again with some more questions. I am nanomage, and I cant even dream about equipping alphas atm. Having a hard time with agility. Ive had to ip lots of pistol and burst, even tho I use shotgun now. Just to equip the two agility pistols. I do not have boc. And I lack on research to get 25 more agility. But dont think the research will be enough to bump me over. I am concidering going back to pistols or bow, just because symbs support em. And shotgun waist symb will steal alot of BM. Plan is xan shotty.

I am a bit frustrated with my doc atm :P Also, I also think my def sucks. Helped a friend with some ost in ely the other day, and hecks actually hit me for about 500. Is this normal? Or will getting alphas in, help alot?

Anyways, here is my setup. Anyone have any tips?
    http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=199842

Trader shoulders are of course doctor.
    Last edited by Iaitoo; Mar 25th, 2015 at 08:13:34.
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

NM is tough for agi. you know this.

There's a few options for you but it's going to be either pain or more pain.

1. for NM to equip alphas you need a fair number of items adding agi - not least of which are the Nomad/Lya Sangi shoulderpads - If you have these, you're really only missing BoC and that you can just raid hard for - (I assume you also have yellow below + multicolour screwdriver for the +70 in belt slot) There's a few odds and ends that can help: ability Xan NCU's, high QL melee/ranged Miy's Gloves and the alien reflex beacon are good for tight fits.

Provided you want to stay NM - you're right you'll need some Caseless pistols (QL 180 ones are the best I think, adding 30 agi each) but yes, will either require you to build some pistol/fling/burst implants (QL 200 usually work) paired with some supple based armour to equip them without IP expenditures - OR you just use pistols which others have mentioned are a reasonable choice for doc's.

2. Swap to Soli there are some considerable gains to this: you can do all alphas at 219 without BoC, masterpiece bracer, and a range of items or research. I did all alphas on my 219 Soli doc last year and it was the easiest equip I've ever done, even missing several pieces of stat buffing gear that is usually critical on most end game symb equips.

Regardless which road you choose, you really should consider your weapon support in a more direct fashion. Pistols will have oodles more direct buffing with alpha RH/RW/Eye and you can even get MR on RW/LW which help a lot in getting your doc pistols on.

If you're truly concerned with PVP at this juncture, looking at your equip I'd say you should focus exclusively on team content. You simply don't have enough offensive capability in that setup to do anything, to anyone with such low AR/no AS. Your best bet is to get a Xan Greed (same weap skill), or a Chaos of the Xan (Bow) for the 600 HP that's added with either of those weapons and focus on healing/staying alive in team combat while your team mates produce kills (as a doc people will target you regardless of your "threat" and thus you will tank for your team... drawing attention off your team should allow them to fight more offensively and therefore take greater risks and produce more kills.)

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    NM is tough for agi. you know this.

There's a few options for you but it's going to be either pain or more pain.

1. for NM to equip alphas you need a fair number of items adding agi - not least of which are the Nomad/Lya Sangi shoulderpads - If you have these, you're really only missing BoC and that you can just raid hard for - (I assume you also have yellow below + multicolour screwdriver for the +70 in belt slot) There's a few odds and ends that can help: ability Xan NCU's, high QL melee/ranged Miy's Gloves and the alien reflex beacon are good for tight fits.

Provided you want to stay NM - you're right you'll need some Caseless pistols (QL 180 ones are the best I think, adding 30 agi each) but yes, will either require you to build some pistol/fling/burst implants (QL 200 usually work) paired with some supple based armour to equip them without IP expenditures - OR you just use pistols which others have mentioned are a reasonable choice for doc's.

2. Swap to Soli there are some considerable gains to this: you can do all alphas at 219 without BoC, masterpiece bracer, and a range of items or research. I did all alphas on my 219 Soli doc last year and it was the easiest equip I've ever done, even missing several pieces of stat buffing gear that is usually critical on most end game symb equips.

Regardless which road you choose, you really should consider your weapon support in a more direct fashion. Pistols will have oodles more direct buffing with alpha RH/RW/Eye and you can even get MR on RW/LW which help a lot in getting your doc pistols on.

If you're truly concerned with PVP at this juncture, looking at your equip I'd say you should focus exclusively on team content. You simply don't have enough offensive capability in that setup to do anything, to anyone with such low AR/no AS. Your best bet is to get a Xan Greed (same weap skill), or a Chaos of the Xan (Bow) for the 600 HP that's added with either of those weapons and focus on healing/staying alive in team combat while your team mates produce kills (as a doc people will target you regardless of your "threat" and thus you will tank for your team... drawing attention off your team should allow them to fight more offensively and therefore take greater risks and produce more kills.)
    Thank you for your reply!

Pvp is alot of fun. But Im not interested in the solo-kills. Thats why I was aiming for Greed, cause of the HP(and I dont like pistols). Plan was to have a hp setup/defence setup, and still be able to self cast all nanos. Then I can help my friends in pvm, but also in pvp. I prefer teaming in pvp, and staying a bit in the background and healing others. But people rarely want to team. Do you have any pointers on what to do with my setup to be able to stay alive longer in pvp?

I also have nanomage doctor and yesterday I managed to equip all alphas.

My goal was to save as much IP as I can so I did not max complit and treatment but used a lot of items that buff treatment and complit as well as used treatment transfer from other doc.
    Majority of symbiants (including head, eye and right hand were very easy to equip)
    The 3 hardest ones that I did last were: right arm, waist and chest.

Agility alone is not that hard, but right arm and waist require not only agility but also strenght which is hard for NM. Chest should be equipped as last because you can use QL300 implant with strenght that helps a lot.
    I had BoC and Lya's pads but I managed to do it without using Albatrum bracer (as I plan to use DB3 bracer and Alb bracer is quite expensive and becomes nodrop).
    So as long as you have Agi pads (Lya or Nomad) and Alb bracer you can manage it without BoC.

As for buffing pistols with some reperking, QL 300 Supple bases armour, Extreme Prejudice and wrangle you should be able to equip any buffing pistols for Agi and Str.
    I also found out that for the last 3 implants it is better to use Alien belt (that adds 35 to all skills) rather than yellow or red belt that adds 70 to agi/sen or str/sta.

If you need any more help try to contact me ingame on any char that is in my signature.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Greed of xan on doc!?!?! Omg what a fun idea. Is it easy to keep on and OE? How is damage. Better than pistols? Just crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Im curious..maybe you said earlier in thread..but how much hp do you have w/o BI?

Staying alive as doc is pretty easy unless your opponents work together.

Here are the things I'd focus on

1. high quality free-movement stims (you can buy em from the supply dude in Xan area) QL 250-300 for sure
    2. getting all defensive buffs you can, this is both easy, but can become more complex if you max/min
    For example, a very solid teammate for doctor is engineer. Mainly because doc usually isn't considered an evader, and thus engi will at least reduce the amount of damage you eat directly (stopping specials with spec attack shield) and with reflects. If you find an engi who doesn't mind teaming, honestly, a doc+engi with solid HP and lots of FM's on tap can handle a ridiculous number of attackers and hold them off for a VERY long time without dying.

But it gets more complex - if you have evades/DR/duck maxed, take a look at how much AAD you have. Pop in infused defender, green hud 3, a few evade items in equip and all of a sudden, if you're teamed with a crat, you'll actually be borderline evadey. Add an advy or keeper into the mix and BOOM - unperkable to people who don't have pred/awakening raid buffs. shifting your agg-def bar to full def or at least 3/4 def will make huge improvements in survival and people will be confused as to why a doc is evading hits... keeping people alive and yourself will be a lot easier with that.

Add an engi into the mix and you can basically make your team invincible to ANY non-teamed opponents. basically, a doc in that type of team has thrown down the gauntlet and is saying: we win unless you do something different.

3. staying in the back - sounds like you got this

4. prebuffing - keep teammates HP high and ticking with ILC/ team enhanced deathless blessing and ICR

5. use /assist teammate and /assist heal assist - you really only need this if you're getting serious competition, but basically what you want to do is assist whoever the dominant PVPer (offensive) in your team, find out who he feels is the biggest threat the /assist to find out who the opponent is attacking... often, a good opponent may not do damage up front, but they may start combat with defences up, then debuff the person they want to kill, start with some slower perks then load up a lot of fast perks with low checks, then, right when the perks are firing, they launch all specials. If they are good, they can produce a kill in less than 3 seconds - so you got only a very small window to target your teammate and heal him. Based on that you got 2 things to keep in mind: ONE: reducing the number of actions needed to heal will reduce the amount of time needed for a life saving reaction, and TWO: don't get caught in nano recharge! So, that means don't spam dots/ UBT and stuff, fire a UBT early in combat against the primary target, then wait..... to see if he tries an alpha vs your teammate. once the HP starts dropping pop BI to give them 3k temp HP boost plus hopefully refill their HP entirely, on anyone with 13-16k HP someone can alpha that with good timing, but add another 3k HP on there plus healed up from halfway and it'll be a LOT more difficult to alpha all the way through that.

6. if you find yourself getting called, use root grafts to put distance between yourself and melee attackers as a preliminary measure

7. keep yourself targeted and focus on healing/FM stimming. FM stim EARLY, like as soon as you're rooted as it will come back in 3 seconds. you can get 2-3 FM stims in a few seconds and keep your mobility up.

8. adjust your def bar so you can instacast BI and NO further. Forget about dotting, that is for PVM.

9. as soon as you've broken free of a root with FM spam keep moving, try to kite the opponents back towards your teammate for better support/aura/range.

10. communicate after fights with teammates: which people hurt you worst, go after them fast please, i.e. try to root/snare the shade first please, kill that MA next. kill that trader with name XYZ he's scary!

Quote Originally Posted by Poko View Post
    Im curious..maybe you said earlier in thread..but how much hp do you have w/o BI?
    18k, so not alot :P

Quote Originally Posted by Iaitoo View Post
    18k, so not alot :P
    Yeah..try and get some more. In my endgame setup, mind you I have tro/peh I was looking at about 21k hp as n anomage without Bi ofc. But I would be using the 216 heal in pvp because of full def.

I think thats with 5 css pieces aswell. Just because I liked the rarm symb more than the implant. So you can definitely get more hp than that.

Edit: my setup provides me with like 2663 dodge ranged with pen running more with 12m running to 'maybe' stop capping fullautos..those are a killer for a doc.
    Last edited by Poko; Mar 26th, 2015 at 12:12:17.

Yeah..try and get some more. In my endgame setup, mind you I have tro/peh I was looking at about 21k hp as n anomage without Bi ofc. But I would be using the 216 heal in pvp because of full def.

I think thats with 5 css pieces aswell. Just because I liked the rarm symb more than the implant. So you can definitely get more hp than that.

Edit: my setup provides me with like 2663 dodge ranged with pen running more with 12m running to 'maybe' stop capping fullautos..those are a killer for a doc.
    If a player is endgame, these FA will not stop.
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Rank1
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Maxwell
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Zidane
    ..:: 220|28|66|e|::.. Isaak
    ..:: 215|20|56|e|::.. Rumb0
    ..:: 215|15|29|e|::.. Tiesto-1
    ..:: 212|17|46|e|::.. Pulsedriver
    ..:: 210|08|09|e|::.. Unseen

.. :: Punk :: ..

I assume you're using a scope ?

If so, that's almost exactly the dodge rating I was expecting on my engi without green hud3 in.

Add a crat+keeper to your team and a RI/GSF/QU and you're well into dodge a (some of) FA territory.

Interestingly it's about the same as what you'd expect on a zazen MA too. Base evades of about 3300 prior to raidbuffs and whatnot and -550 evades.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    I assume you're using a scope ?

If so, that's almost exactly the dodge rating I was expecting on my engi without green hud3 in.

Add a crat+keeper to your team and a RI/GSF/QU and you're well into dodge a (some of) FA territory.

Interestingly it's about the same as what you'd expect on a zazen MA too. Base evades of about 3300 prior to raidbuffs and whatnot and -550 evades.
    Yeap, wanted scope for a 13s aimedshot in 18.7 I can drop it tho for another 150 def whenever tho..but aimedshot recharge will be when engine arrives ;p

Tho my numbers could be off. Was just a quick estimate could be more could be less

And yeah it won't stop endgame w tf I own u people, but stops the random/non endgame peeps

Okay..so ill have 2640 dodge-ranged so..23 points off but..4 clicks i could add an extra 112 def so 2752,throw in 12m = 2852 also, just as an example you can use Chem blind perk on soldiers, for an extra 180 def,or blind ring. So in theory you can get about 3k dodge range w/o green hud at times..which is nice..oh and wrack & ruin for another 100, but that does effect fullauto so
    Last edited by Poko; Mar 27th, 2015 at 00:42:11.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast