Thread: Bounty hunter Quest/Daily (Battle station Competitive)(team death match)

Bounty hunter Quest/Daily (Battle station Competitive)(team death match)

Ok , i cant remember the last time i made a post or a suggestion about something so figured i would make something. This current idea of mine, is to have a Real pvp quest and not a Pvm quest in a pvp zone.
    I would like it if lets say you would have to kill about ... 50(small number) players for solo and 100 for team daily. inside the battle station to get a Bonus of 10m(practically nothing right?) Credits.
    The rules to get this would be simple to avoid alot of abuse...(rules incoming)
    1. You can not kill the same player (farm) more than 5 times per round and have it count towards your daily number.
    2. You can not kill a person using the same IP Adress as you and have it count towards your daily number.
    3. The amount of kills needed for a team daily would be double the amount of Solo kills required.
    4. The quest is repeatable every 18 hours.

Just trying to suggest some new things for actual fun stuff pvp players can do to spend the time. instead of going into a pvp zone and dealing with the pvm side of 4 cap mayhem. a friend has suggested to me about a entirely different Battle station where it is a team death match to gain points and not capture and hold style. both sound pretty good to me.

I like this idea, a pvp mission that actually requires one to pvp unlike all other so called pvp dailies. I don't think that a second area is required, people should be motivated to team up in the existing battlestation. Just like pvm raids force people to socialize pvp should have the same aspect to it. A lot of players on bs aren't likely to team up and later end up complaining how they got farmed (go figure, that's like complaining you weren't able to solo beast).
    Last edited by DarkerThanBlack; Feb 13th, 2015 at 22:10:35.

Yea i just want to try and offer suggestions to bring back the actual pvp to the game. Nothing wrong with a little competition, and its pretty difficult for sumone to multibox inside the battle station so shouldnt see much flame about that in here.

Any feedback on how to make it better for all partys involved is most welcomed. Please and thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by Raishen View Post
    Any feedback on how to make it better for all partys involved is most welcomed. Please and thankyou
    I think the first thing that needs to be done, while a lofty measure, is to stop making PVP a joke. My MA (219 as of typing this) can't do crap in BS, but I just got 400K SK by drumming a couple popsicle sticks on my desk and surfing forums for about half an hour, with breaks in between BS rounds to reroll. The effort:reward ratio here is massively skewed because of numerous flaws that... yeah. Before we get deathmatch, make PVP so it's not impossible to contribute if you're not an endgame 220 toon please?
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Like I've said a hundred times before... there needs to be a bolster buff to equalize (or at least reduce) gear/level inequalities.

That way you can have lower level toons competing with higher level toons but not being 100% outclassed.

I'm playing SWTOR since someone posted something about tht game recently on here and holy effing sh*t the PVP in that game is just years ahead of AO in terms of balance, dynamics, class utility and diversity.

I hadn't played since 2012 so upon return my slinger in full 50 PVP spec was dreadfully out of date with the max level now being 60 and all the gear inadequacies that go along with that, but they've made it very easy to get back into it with the bolster buff and there's only 3 types of warzones: ranked/unranked 60 /unranked <60. And the beauty of it is even with a level 10-15 toon you've got 60-70% of your profs tools and you can use those tools to contribute offensively or mechanically to help your team.

The very top heavy AO has HUGE drawbacks to this:

The perk system is flawed badly in this regard: it makes progression at low levels boring and uneventful, while making endgame progression hugely overpowered with respect to any level subsequent. Add to that the lack of a bolstering buff AND the 136% level equip boost you get via symb's and the mechanics of twinking, and you've got a real problem integrating PVP over the level spectrum. But, to make matters hilariously worse, the one location where FC could (have) introduce(d) a bolster buff to (pseudo)equalize level inequalities, THEY HAVEN'T EVEN DONE IT YET! (in BS).

That's just makes me wonder wtf they are thinking... it's like they are deliberately penalizing levelling toons in so many ways that it's almost like they're actively trying to limit new people from enjoying the game.

I've said it at least 10 times, but the way to make AO more PVP friendly and open up broader spectrum play is to make FAR less battlestations (i.e. one or two) and equalize level inadequacies within by using a bolstering buff like this:

(level 219-current level)*Stat boost
    Where stat boost is (per level)
    15 runspeed
    15 conceal
    15 perception
    100 HP
    5 AAO
    10 AAD
    6 to all specials (to reduce recharge etc to make the game playable vs higher levels)
    5 add dmg
    1% heal eff

There you go. With one buff you've now got ALL level ranges capable of running around capping points, having fun with higher levels and capable of actually PVPing in a closed system where there are no game world repercussions (i.e. towers). Towers would obviously require twinkage, but even a gimpsuit toon could effectively participate in BS with a bolster buff like this at ANY level.

Due to perk distribution, higher level toons would ALWAYS do more damage, have better defences and be overall far more effective. On the other hand, 5-6 nubs working together could put up a decent fight vs anyone, which is exactly the type of thing an MMO wants to promote.

I would like to see fair BS instead of 3-6 teamed players vs 1.
    There are several ways to make it happen:
    1. Either forced teaming - (all ppl signing up on 1 side are forced into a team/raid with no way of leaving team)
    2. No teaming allowed - (I even like it more as esp. at higher levels team buffs/auras give huge advantage)

Another issue is to have equal numbers as well as not having too many ppl on one BS.
    The sollution is simple. Define maximum number of ppl on each side (be it 6 or 12) then let BS start when each side has 4 ppl in team (adding more ppl at the same time to both sides)
    When maximum ppl entered BS (6 or 12) create new queue/instance.

Also (for forced team option) when ppl sign up for BS force them to team even before BS start so they can:
    1. See what level/professions do they have
    2. Talk about strategy, buffing etc.

Adding skills/abilities is in my opinion bad idea because it can create unfair advantage (especially in 151-200 BS) because around level 160+ most (or all) abilities and skills are level locked and simple formula of adding to those skills certain numbers depending on 200-"your level" would create situations when level 170 twink would be a lot stronger than level 200. In theory it should be possible to take that into account, but I am afraid that it would be way too difficult and time consuming to do it properly for all levels/breed/profession combinations.

Last thing:
    GET RID OF THOSE STUPID APTS AND MECHS !!! (no explanation why is needed...)
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

So when you join, let's say the 150 BS, it will check how many 220 alt's you have and pvp gear/perks before allowing you to join?
    Or are new players left to figure it out themselves that it's a waste of time in a pvm setup and not enough credits to twink or buy pvp specific gear?

It's definitely a worthy goal, but I can't think of a way to implement it that wouldn't either require an almost complete rework of the PvP system, or be rife with exploits and/or flaws.

Just looking at your initial post, there are already a lot of exceptions you included yourself, and then there are flaws within them. Two players from the same IP can't fight each other, but what if they live in the same apartment complex, or throw a LAN party and want to have a PvP tournament? You can't kill the same guy 5+ times in a row, but what if you're genuinely dueling him, and what about John Doe over there with 16 alt accounts who just farms his own characters regardless of the limit? My point is less about these specific examples and more that edge cases like this will drag on and on forever, you'll never really arrive at a system that's fair and solid.

And then you have the balance issues everyone else has already mentioned. AO has been struggling for years with a very serious disconnect between PvM and PvP. They operate on different rules, attract different players, require different setups, and yet they influence one another, you require XP for PvP and a lot of the PvP rewards are very nice (if not "best in slot") in PvM. Again I don't think this is really a problem with your suggestion, but instead a more fundamental flaw that would need to be addressed for this (or any of the PvP systems in game) to really work well.

As far as direct criticism, what I would change is rather than "kill", make it "fight". 50 fights is already a pretty big number, especially if someone's not particularly good at, well-geared for, or interested in PvP yet still wants the rewards. If you just have to participate, you stand a much higher chance of getting someone hooked on PvP than if they bash their head against a wall for a few hours over a few days, and only get a couple kills because their title level is full of twinks.