Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AoE Loot

AoE Loot

Ya know i've thought about this many times as i'm sure others have but it wasn't until i looked into guild wars 2 and saw the system they have that it really struck me to mention it.

An aoe loot system would be awesome and one of the most annoying places for me that it would be an awesome quality of life change (which is what our awesome new GD has done a lot of lately) is......sector freaking 10. When i farm there i literally spend at least 90% of my time staring at loot screens looting and especially deleting useless loot (so i can see other corpses to loot them). Because of this i cant farm for more than an hour or 2 before i start getting a headache. An aoe loot system (especially one in which i could select which garbage loot to avoid looting) would help immensely.

I must also note that, obviously my examples arent just about me, this applies to most others in many different ways. My examples just serve to prove what a big quality of life change it would be.

Edit: Quoting some of my posts in this thread to make it easier for Michizure to catch the new info.

Quote Originally Posted by Adeptall2 View Post
    The aspect of aoe looting is the simple part (at least in concept). This aspect you ask of that i suggested is the part that would require more thought, multiple ways it could be handled. And without this aspect the auto-loot wouldnt really serve its purpose as a quality of life change as youd still need to delete garbage loot (farming s10, farming spirits, farming etc etc etc) from your inventory as you go essentially not saving you any time/aggravation/headaches.

A thought i had is when you kill something you can loot it and right click a piece of loot and a window would pop up where you could select "add to auto-loot" and only things that are on the auto loot list would be auto looted.

Or maybe you could set auto loot to loot everything and you could just right click a piece of loot and select "remove from auto loot"

Many ways to get it done but when and if it is done options are always the way to go, not simply choosing 1 way and 1 way only (such as join my 2 ideas above together in which you can choose and select how the auto loot function would work, add and remove things from it etc).
    Of course not, meant as an addition. I envision just adding a few lines to the info window or something where you can have a few options such as;
    enable/disable auto loot, "auto loot all" (auto loots everything and you could right click items to remove said items from "auto loot all") and "auto loot list" (where only the items selected will be auto looted). Those 2 options give the best benefits to both people who want to loot everything bar a few crap items and to those who dont want everything auto looted except a few particular items that they are constantly looting (s10 items, pearls, other monotonously farmed things).
    And to anyone who would say this wouldnt work because it could cause issues in raid or team instances, i thought about that and you could simply add the option for the team leader to disable AoE looting in team or raid interfaces, much the same way you can change team loot, loot all etc.

And if Michizure is reading, please dont simply turn off auto loot in teams. Just give the option for the team leader/raid leader to turn it off. Same way as loot all, team loot etc.
    Last edited by Adeptall2; Feb 24th, 2015 at 15:58:21.

As much as I would like this, I get the feeling it might not work on AOs archaic loot system.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    As much as I would like this, I get the feeling it might not work on AOs archaic loot system.
    How do you mean? They added the function to select and allow an individual within a raid to loot, that seems fairly complex. I'd hope this too could be accomplished. But i also have no knowledge of programming beyond a little html

And to anyone who would say this wouldnt work because it could cause issues in raid or team instances, i thought about that and you could simply add the option for the team leader to disable AoE looting in team or raid interfaces, much the same way you can change team loot, loot all etc.

A good coder can make anything happen... This is the main reason the game was not updated for so long, cause of incompetent coders
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

I like this idea. Very often when kiting spirits with NT, after only 2 rounds of the clickwar, I simply quit with a headache. Not to mention that sometimes corpses despawn when you pulled too many, because you have to spend so much time on deleting stuff.

About the whole programming thing: Even though I have little to zero knowledge about this, just thinking about the whole APT in decon thing, makes me agree with Difs.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Exactly how does this work? Do corpses with unwanted loot (selected from a list of somekind?) autorot so you don't have to bother with crappy loot in those corses or what?
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    Exactly how does this work? Do corpses with unwanted loot (selected from a list of somekind?) autorot so you don't have to bother with crappy loot in those corses or what?
    The aspect of aoe looting is the simple part (at least in concept). This aspect you ask of that i suggested is the part that would require more thought, multiple ways it could be handled. And without this aspect the auto-loot wouldnt really serve its purpose as a quality of life change as youd still need to delete garbage loot (farming s10, farming spirits, farming etc etc etc) from your inventory as you go essentially not saving you any time/aggravation/headaches.

A thought i had is when you kill something you can loot it and right click a piece of loot and a window would pop up where you could select "add to auto-loot" and only things that are on the auto loot list would be auto looted.

Or maybe you could set auto loot to loot everything and you could just right click a piece of loot and select "remove from auto loot"

Many ways to get it done but when and if it is done options are always the way to go, not simply choosing 1 way and 1 way only (such as join my 2 ideas above together in which you can choose and select how the auto loot function would work, add and remove things from it etc).
    Last edited by Adeptall2; Feb 15th, 2015 at 23:14:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Difs View Post
    A good coder can make anything happen... This is the main reason the game was not updated for so long, cause of incompetent coders
    Yeah, this right here tells me you know absolutely nothing of programming.

Sure, I bet they could re-write the entire program in assembly, as well as the new db structure and functions, and draw the new images in BMP format in wordpad... :/

Nothing to do at all with drawing all new art for thousands of objects, new hi poly models, boning, animations, and textures, rendering, optimizations, engine events, et al.

I give these guys credit. Redoing this game is probably harder than making it again from scratch. You have to find stuff that works, stuff you get to work only to find later that something else doesn't making you have to start from the beginning. All the while the guys with the suits not wanting to give you what you need, let alone what you want.
    Lords of Silence : AO Division Leader

www.clanlos.net

Pretty much requires.... total rewrite of AO loot system. Including all loot tables.

Give or take what... 10000 loot tables?

You wanna see our wonder-dev work for 2 weeks on that? Wouldnt we better use him for good stuff?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

In SWToR if you kill a group of mobs or even groups of mobs, when as they die a loot spike (or not if it's completely empty eg monster mobs with no loot or creds) appears from the body reaching up into the "sky" gray for junk or junk+ creds, then green for usable loot/creds and blue for better quality, and finally purple (for ubur loot)

If you mouse over mob even from quite a distance the game puts all the loot from surround mobs (providing you have loot rights) into a window you can click loot all, or cherry pick the items you want ie useful and creds.

This sounds more complicated than it is.

This young lady explains it here.
    http://youtu.be/p_SthUlY4EE?t=15m30s
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    Pretty much requires.... total rewrite of AO loot system. Including all loot tables.

Give or take what... 10000 loot tables?

You wanna see our wonder-dev work for 2 weeks on that? Wouldnt we better use him for good stuff?
    Did i not say i dont know what it would take? You can drop asking questions in a sarcastic manner and simply state something.

Though to answer the question anyway as to should he take 2 weeks to implement this (if itd actually take that) then my answer is absolutely yes. This is not a small thing, this would be an incredible quality of life change and save me much headaches and doing nothing but 95% looking at loot window in S10.

My examples arent just about me obviously, this applies to most others in many different ways. My examples just serve to prove what a big quality of life change it would be. For others as well.
    Last edited by Adeptall2; Feb 23rd, 2015 at 13:56:07.

Did i not say i dont know what it would take? You can drop asking questions in a sarcastic manner and simply state something.

Though to answer the question anyway as to should he take 2 weeks to implement this (if itd actually take that) then my answer is absolutely yes. This is not a small thing, this would be an incredible quality of life change and save me much headaches and doing nothing but 95% looking at loot window in S10.
    A good way to convince people that a suggestion is fair is not to say "Yes, the coders should take two weeks of time to implement this feature because it would benefit me". They're not your willing slaves and even if you don't mean it that way that's how it comes off.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    A good way to convince people that a suggestion is fair is not to say "Yes, the coders should take two weeks of time to implement this feature because it would benefit me". They're not your willing slaves and even if you don't mean it that way that's how it comes off.
    Apparently the part you didnt get is when i say how big a change it is for me that is exactly what infers it being the same huge change for many if not most people. I give one example and that can apply to many others in many different ways.

But granted, i shouldnt assume people can extrapolate and should be more explanatory. Noted and updated post.
    Last edited by Adeptall2; Feb 23rd, 2015 at 14:02:19.

Welcome to the forums Adeptall2, haha.

Anyway, I already stated it, but I might have to do it again. I'm also someone who would benefit A LOT from this suggestion. Just as a couple friends I've been talking to about this. It's not just one person trying to get something from Michi.

Hmm kitte 50 spirits, open ONE window with the collected loot of every dead corpse on the ground and pick from there, i like it.

Michi?
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Hmm kitte 50 spirits, open ONE window with the collected loot of every dead corpse on the ground and pick from there, i like it.

Michi?
    Exactly how it works in SWToR.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Pearl farmiing and pattern made easy too? Guess you've to balance farming what with one loot to kill them all "ring" ^_=
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Much as I love this feature in other games where each person has their own loot flagged (e.g. Rift), in AO where there is only ONE set of loot per mob and it's up to players to distribute it all as they see fit, this would mean that the player who pressed the AoE loot button the fastest would get EVERY. SINGLE. THING. not to mention all of the creds. An organised Raid with a master looter raid leader would have to adjudicate every single bit of loot - imagine APFs like that, or the trash in iPande that drop the trt/cl HUDs. In situations without a singular RL, it'd just mean continual ninja'ing and no chance for people to get any sort of share. Currently, having to manually click each corpse give others time to also get their clicks on. It is slow and tedious as hell, yes, but with the way the current AO loot mechanics work, it's a bit more fair than 'fastest one button press gets everything in every situation'. Not a fan of autorot either because someone else may want the items you don't once loot goes FFA.

Unless there's a smart way to get around this, such as overhauling loot eligiblity so that one person can't just steal everything in the area from the whole group with a single button or being able to set loot preferences to ignore certain types of item, I vote NO.

(PS: Just lol at the implication somewhere above that Macrosun was an incompetent coder.)

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

I think you misunderstood. (Or I did?) It wasn't meant as a replacement for the current loot system, just an addition. Like we have /team loot leader/all/order (iirc) we would simply add aoe to it. Does not mean you *have* to use it. If possible even just add it for soloing, because I think this is what this is mainly about. When you go kite something, anything, you really need to make sure to not pull too many mobs, so you have time to do your tedious looting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    Much as I love this feature in other games where each person has their own loot flagged (e.g. Rift), in AO where there is only ONE set of loot per mob and it's up to players to distribute it all as they see fit, this would mean that the player who pressed the AoE loot button the fastest would get EVERY. SINGLE. THING. not to mention all of the creds. An organised Raid with a master looter raid leader would have to adjudicate every single bit of loot - imagine APFs like that, or the trash in iPande that drop the trt/cl HUDs. In situations without a singular RL, it'd just mean continual ninja'ing and no chance for people to get any sort of share. Currently, having to manually click each corpse give others time to also get their clicks on. It is slow and tedious as hell, yes, but with the way the current AO loot mechanics work, it's a bit more fair than 'fastest one button press gets everything in every situation'. Not a fan of autorot either because someone else may want the items you don't once loot goes FFA.

Unless there's a smart way to get around this, such as overhauling loot eligiblity so that one person can't just steal everything in the area from the whole group with a single button or being able to set loot preferences to ignore certain types of item, I vote NO.

(PS: Just lol at the implication somewhere above that Macrosun was an incompetent coder.)
    Please read, i already thought of and commented on this.

And if Michizure is reading, please dont simply turn off auto loot in teams. Just give the option for the team leader/raid leader to turn it off. Same way as loot all, team loot etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast