Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: New Engine Release should come with new blank slate server

Server is overpopulated... Had a full team doing Enigma dog daily. Outrageous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    Server is overpopulated... Had a full team doing Enigma dog daily. Outrageous.

Yeah, but roughly one month after patch it goes back to "normal".

But here is how to fix all of AO's problems with or without a new server in 12 easy steps:

1- Price. 5$ a month or 50$ a year.
    2- Froob program canceled. Without warning. Full game trial for one month for each new account.
    3- Multi-logging/boxing made difficult by allowing only one AO program to run on each computer.
    4- Instance and level lock all dungeons. Create timed player locks as needed.
    5- Delete half of the junk loot. Create decent leveling gear (use OFAB as guideline) for all professions/levels that drops everywhere.
    6- Put all the better loot only in team and raid dungeons.
    7- Remove best loot from dynas or turn them into roaming and unremarkable mobs.
    8- Turn all the better loot nodrop.
    9- Fix loot rights selling by introducing timed portals and rewards directly spawned on toon.
    10- Make all grey mobs run when attacked or taunted.
    11- Make PvP more accessible to everybody by divulging information, making good gear available to everybody and making toons viable in both PvP and PvM.
    12- Fix tower fields making timers independent from player interference. Create noob friendly PvP by removing kill counts and vp rewards from Battlestations. Make solo and team score only available in arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpynoob View Post

But here is how to fix all of AO's problems with or without a new server in 12 easy steps:

2- Froob program canceled. Without warning. Full game trial for one month for each new account.
    3- Multi-logging/boxing made difficult by allowing only one AO program to run on each computer.
    5- Delete half of the junk loot. Create decent leveling gear (use OFAB as guideline) for all professions/levels that drops everywhere.
    9- Fix loot rights selling by introducing timed portals and rewards directly spawned on toon.
    11- Make PvP more accessible to everybody by divulging information, making good gear available to everybody and making toons viable in both PvP and PvM.
    12- Fix tower fields making timers independent from player interference. Create noob friendly PvP by removing kill counts and vp rewards from Battlestations. Make solo and team score only available in arenas.
    Please don't ever touch game design.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimpynoob

Please don't ever touch game design.
    This. Those ideas are, for the most part, horrendous and some have even been proven not to work in the MMO market we have today.
    Not touching that mess.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpynoob View Post

Do you wanna kill the game? Because thats how you gonna kill the game.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Some of them are bad, but some are good.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    Some of them are bad, but some are good.
    Only 1,4 and 10 are good.. so only 25% of the suggestions are not insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Enforser View Post
    Only 1,4 and 10 are good.. so only 25% of the suggestions are not insane.
    5-9 are all good ideas. 4 is good aside from level locks, which are garbage. 3 and 10 are stupid but well meaning. 1 and 2 are just plain dumb. I have no strong opinions on 11 and 12.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456