Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Funcom is not doing too well.

Aye who knows, naturally Funcom is not a choice for first time investor, volatile, trading near 0, sketchy prospects, employee that state company is just fine.. So just like any other company. Myself I only invest in things I like. AO i like. Betting a minor sum of money (that i can loose without consequence to my lifestyle) is kinda fun.

What holds in future? I feel its like a penny stock, cheap as hell, hardly can go lower, trading at long time support. So will company go out of business? Probably not in short term. So I expect it to bounce here and there and when it does it usually bounces quite high for a short time. That is what I hope will happen, it might as well not and funcom will cost me more this year than normally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Joel Bylos recently stepped down as GD of The Secret World. He didn't explicitly state that he is working on the new game, but it would make sense. Do they have backers (HBO?), crowd funding in the mix?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    I say this with all love and humor, but...

haters gonna hate.

Would be funny if it was Games of Thrones the MMORPG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    I say this with all love and humor, but...

haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    Reminds me of last year. April 2014, I bught Funcom NV round 400 euro worth, and da thing in 15 days rose 50%!!! offcorse then fell 25ish % and i sold it, netting me quite decent profit. Stock has since drooped 60%, trading in same range as 2012, 2013, so... da way I see it can only go up.. To bad my bank wont allow me to purchase Funcom stocks today, is there some holiday in Norway? or Stock Exchange closed already?
    Although there was a chance to make a quick buck just before the quarterly and after the release of the information to the public, I would be cautious in giving advice that it could only go up, especially to a first time invester. In the end it's a zero sum game.

On the flip side there is money to be made in game companies and publishers but again never invest unless you can part with the money for good. For instance Ubisoft has performed very well since the rather chaotic restructuring, cancellatios and delays in 2010, 2011. If you got in back in the end of 2011 you would be happier than for instance buying safer investment options such as debts etc.

Who knows what the future of Funcom holds?

Its always fun to see people are making money by buying and selling. I have said it before (look in my history) FC stock tends to rise right before FC announce new titles, this is no secret and most shareholders at FC have done exactly the same this is the main reason Economic crimes division in Norway are investigating former FC CEO and a bunch other people for insider trading.
    What you should have done is buy when you know the prices will rise then sell and after that short sell FC to double your profits.

Everyone can be wrong and make mistakes by doing bad trades once a while, including myself. But the importen thing is you can lose some but dont lose all your savings. Get rid of bad trades before its too late, and learn from the misstake. This way you only becoming better and better of what you are doing. Dont go into the market with mentality "you can part with the money for good" then i highly recommend to stay in the demonstrations, and not go live with your savings until you are sure of what you are doing and know the company you are investing your money in, inside out on every details as possible.
    Many trading platforms offers demo, this will saves you alot of money to begin with.

Anyways i wish you all best of luck and may karma be with, and not against you.

Best Regards,
    Margin Call
    Last edited by UNIDENTIFIED; Mar 25th, 2015 at 00:05:04.
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123