Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Funcom is not doing too well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    Steam needs DX change, DX change needs engine, engine needs Live Team coders to finish it. FC isn't interested in investing further in its currently released games. It's all about Lego and the future games. At this point we just need the engine in its current form with the major performance issues hammered out (half of them related to logging I bet). It'll be disappointing, but it'll stop holding up the queue of things that need to happen. Maybe the Steam release can generate enough of a resurgence to afford some more live team coder time on the engine to finish up all the extra stuff once it's live.
    As I've stated in another thread that it's not entirely correct that it needs dx9. This is only needed if you want to use the dx9 overlay, that you use usually with shift-tab. Anarchy Online could have been on Steam since late 2003 or early 2004 technically. And many games are dx7 on Steam, they just don't use the overlay. So AO could been on Steam now, or 5 years ago or 10 years ago etc.
    Last edited by Gargle; Feb 20th, 2015 at 17:08:16.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    I say this with all love and humor, but...

haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    "I say this with all love and humor, but..."

Possibly the most intentionally ignored line in this thread. Funnily enough, it makes the posters ignoring it look ridiculous.
    He can call me hater or anything else within forum guidelines, and I say this with all love and humour.

And DigitalBath, before some moderator sees it, you can't have account status in your signature, and I say this with all love and humour.
    Last edited by Gargle; Feb 20th, 2015 at 17:05:02.

haters gonna hate.

At this point they should just release engine in current state as last hurrah and cash grab and bury this game...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Gargle View Post
    He can call me hater or anything else within forum guidelines, and I say this with all love and humour.

And DigitalBath, before some moderator sees it, you can't have account status in your signature, and I say this with all love and humour.
    I've had it there for a long, long time and have had contact with moderators in the meantime (who didn't even mention it..), so I'll take Humor for 300 on this one for now, Trebek.
    I'll change it someday if needed, but not for you alone.

You may have missed the point of "haters gonna hate" entirely. It's not really about calling anyone anything and says more about the person/entity stating it than about others.
    Last edited by DigitalBath; Feb 20th, 2015 at 17:23:58.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    I've had it there for a long, long time and have had contact with moderators in the meantime (who didn't even mention it..), so I'll take Humor for 300 on this one for now, Trebek.
    I'll change it someday if needed, but not for you alone.

You may have missed the point of "haters gonna hate" entirely. It's not really about calling anyone anything and says more about the person/entity stating it than about others.
    I say this with all love and humour,

OK, understood.

haters gonna hate.

Lots of love but not the least bit funny, Funcom Q4 2014 report:
    http://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2015/...Q14_Report.pdf
    Last edited by Maxes; Feb 28th, 2015 at 14:04:22. Reason: Removed comment, draw your own conclusions.

I'm already on the hated list so I'll speak my mind. The content releases for the 3 MMOs were successful and coupled with the holiday season yielded a better total revenue but still dropped compared to last quarter. It's almost like they were writing a Dan Brown novel or something.

haters gonna hate.

On a more positive note for those who do short-term trading with the FC stock and got in before the 20th this month could rejoice. A quick 30% minimum.

haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxes View Post
    Lots of love but not the least bit funny, Funcom Q4 2014 report:
    http://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2015/...Q14_Report.pdf
    Site 9/10

large-scale MMOs – which includes:
    The Secret World and Age of Conan

...why is Ao not mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by Death-dnw View Post
    Site 9/10

Because we haven't been "large scale" for a long, long while now, especially since The Secret World came out.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Death-dnw View Post
    Site 9/10

Err... it was. It got a bullet point right along with the other two, noting the release of "a Shadowland Inferno mission" for Anarchy Online. And absent any context whatsoever, doesn't "a Shadowland Inferno mission" sound potentially cool?

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane4 View Post
    Err... it was. It got a bullet point right along with the other two, noting the release of "a Shadowland Inferno mission" for Anarchy Online. And absent any context whatsoever, doesn't "a Shadowland Inferno mission" sound potentially cool?
    Yeah in another topic, but I would've liked to see actual revenue numbers for AO in specific. I guess they hid them on purpose. If you do a little math based on the reports numbers, it should be around 220k$/Month which I dont believe.

Well at least the stock gave a nice return since the last week. AO sub costs for the next year save.
    Last edited by Death-dnw; Mar 1st, 2015 at 12:04:13.

Lots of game companies aren't doing well because of arrogance and greed. The state of the game industry is sad and pathetic.

My NCU Development abilities are filled. Ready to take over. Maybe with less combat healing modifications but.
    Where is the new engine? its in my pocket..

Fun is not driven by overpowered skills, but skills that feels powerful and under your control.

Thought I hope Ao will stay alive, and by Funcom.
    Last edited by ByLogic; Mar 12th, 2015 at 10:10:48.

FC just released a fairly significant balance/bugfix patch for TSW, which doesn't seem to be in any trouble at all. As far as we know AO is still holding its own just fine, and even if it weren't a large number of companies have held onto their first and/or most identifiable game even once it went into the red, simply because having that game supported for so long is a really good symbol for the company (also some companies have also used their older, less profitable games as a proving grounds to let new employees cut their teeth).

I don't see anything to indicate that AO is dying any more than any other MMO. Every single MMO has been "dying" from the day it came out. In reality, from what I see AO has pretty good numbers, a stable number of players, and I've seen a significant number of new players joining or rejoining lately. I don't think this thread is anything but sensationalism and apocalyptic hyperbole.

If any or all of you are joking, I'm afraid you've fallen prey to Poe's Law.

Quote Originally Posted by Litestrider View Post
    FC just released a fairly significant balance/bugfix patch for TSW, which doesn't seem to be in any trouble at all.
    Which is sad. AO has been waiting for NPE/Rebalance since before TSW was released, and yet TSW got both of those before we did.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Which is sad. AO has been waiting for NPE/Rebalance since before TSW was released, and yet TSW got both of those before we did.
    While this is true, I think we both know which of these two games is the more profitable at the moment.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Quote Originally Posted by Litestrider View Post
    I don't see anything to indicate that AO is dying any more than any other MMO. Every single MMO has been "dying" from the day it came out. In reality, from what I see AO has pretty good numbers, a stable number of players, and I've seen a significant number of new players joining or rejoining lately. I don't think this thread is anything but sensationalism and apocalyptic hyperbole.
    You may have missed the point a bit and created your own anti-apocalyptic hyperbole. The thread was about Funcom as a whole. Let me summarise it in a chart for you:

http://i.imgur.com/YN3a2q9.jpg

As for your prediction on AO subscription numbers, you know exactly as much as any investor attending the general meeting or what's in a short and rather vague summary of the quarter.

haters gonna hate.

Reminds me of last year. April 2014, I bught Funcom NV round 400 euro worth, and da thing in 15 days rose 50%!!! offcorse then fell 25ish % and i sold it, netting me quite decent profit. Stock has since drooped 60%, trading in same range as 2012, 2013, so... da way I see it can only go up.. To bad my bank wont allow me to purchase Funcom stocks today, is there some holiday in Norway? or Stock Exchange closed already?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    Reminds me of last year. April 2014, I bught Funcom NV round 400 euro worth, and da thing in 15 days rose 50%!!! offcorse then fell 25ish % and i sold it, netting me quite decent profit. Stock has since drooped 60%, trading in same range as 2012, 2013, so... da way I see it can only go up.. To bad my bank wont allow me to purchase Funcom stocks today, is there some holiday in Norway? or Stock Exchange closed already?
    Although there was a chance to make a quick buck just before the quarterly and after the release of the information to the public, I would be cautious in giving advice that it could only go up, especially to a first time invester. In the end it's a zero sum game.

On the flip side there is money to be made in game companies and publishers but again never invest unless you can part with the money for good. For instance Ubisoft has performed very well since the rather chaotic restructuring, cancellatios and delays in 2010, 2011. If you got in back in the end of 2011 you would be happier than for instance buying safer investment options such as debts etc.

Who knows what the future of Funcom holds?

haters gonna hate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast