Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick fix for BS queues

Quick fix for BS queues

Hey!

This has been suggested before, I just want to bump it.

When people sign up for BS, make everyone sign up as neutrals. Then we can pick sides and not be 15 clans in queue and 2 omnis.

I dont know anything about code. But this sounds easier than making a red side and a blue side we can choose between. (as a quick fix)
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

WTB Red and blue teams in BS. Thanks Michi!

I don't like the idea of being on the same team with butthurts who will refuse to buff/team me just because I'm omni and they're clan.

I like it! Simple sollution to an annoying problem!
    Docow 220/30/70 Doc (surprise eh?) Equip

Ruining The Asylum's chat since 2010!

Ya I like it too.

I don't really care who I fight, as long as BS is running.

In general, you shouldn't even notice that you're teamed with different factions when BS starts, you just notice their name is white compared to the other side which is red... some obviously clear differentiating factor.

The only thing is, is if this went ahead, there'd be no way to make BS affect faction position.

As much as faction can be important in this game I like this idea and stand behind it. I get DarkerThanBlack's point but over time that would likely stop being an issue and people would just go along with it.. Faction's important but BS isn't quite like towers.. it's just a softer PvP mode.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

No thanks.
    BS is already extra uninteresting and people mainly do it for dailies and to farm solo kills. That is all. VP aren't a thing anymore since you can buy the relevant OFAB things off players now. I'm still hoping that the Devs will find a way to give BS a real reason to exist again with faction related stuff (whatever that will be), and this suggestion would ruin that entirely.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    No thanks.
    BS is already extra uninteresting and people mainly do it for dailies and to farm solo kills. That is all. VP aren't a thing anymore since you can buy the relevant OFAB things off players now. I'm still hoping that the Devs will find a way to give BS a real reason to exist again with faction related stuff (whatever that will be), and this suggestion would ruin that entirely.
    Thats your opinion.

I find BS very interesting. Alot of others as well. Problem is that no one plays omni anymore This suggestion would give us BS-players a quick fix to make it run more often.
    You dont have to sign up. Yes you can buy ofab armor from other players, but them other players still have to farm VP to sell.

I dont want a dead BS, just cause FC might have time in 2017 to make it more exciting for people like you that only want rewards and not pvp.
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

BS is only fun if you're set up for PvP, which many are not. I refuse to touch it because any form of PvP in an MMO turns me off to no end. Largely because of the people in it.
    Alien "Edvvin" Destroyer - 220 Meta-Physicist, RK5, Primal Evolution, Pets: The Meatball ULTIMATUM, Healball Forever, Blueberry is Back

The "Joveri" Edgecrusher - 125 Engineer, RK5, Primal Evolution, Pets: Smasher, Devourer

Doc "Peyne" McStuffins - 125 Doctor

Eta on this happening?

Aye the inevitable weirdos not attacking their mates because they don't want to hurt their feelings. Not sure how that could be reduced to any extent, even adding a team kill count reward wouldn't help, because vp are worthless. Maybe somone has a better idea
    Devil Inside

Spead 220/30 Fixer Fpea 170/24 Agent
    Default1025 144/18 Trader Imaganker 75/8 Agent
    Franklucas 30/3 Trader Battleprod 13/0 Trader
    And exactly 137 other alts that you dont need to know

Quote Originally Posted by Edvvin View Post
    BS is only fun if you're set up for PvP, which many are not. I refuse to touch it because any form of PvP in an MMO turns me off to no end. Largely because of the people in it.
    Proof that pvmers never whine!

Quote Originally Posted by Edvvin View Post
    Then you dont care either way, as you dont like BS no matter how it is

Quote Originally Posted by Iaitoo View Post
    Thats your opinion.

I find BS very interesting. Alot of others as well. Problem is that no one plays omni anymore This suggestion would give us BS-players a quick fix to make it run more often.
    You dont have to sign up. Yes you can buy ofab armor from other players, but them other players still have to farm VP to sell.

I dont want a dead BS, just cause FC might have time in 2017 to make it more exciting for people like you that only want rewards and not pvp.
    Of course it is my opinion. What kind of statement is that?
    I only want rewards? Where did I say that? Stop your silly assumptions about me please, thank you.

With VP being meaningless, winning or losing being meaningless as well, what's the interesting part here again?

Buy Neutral application form
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Of course it is my opinion. What kind of statement is that?
    I only want rewards? Where did I say that? Stop your silly assumptions about me please, thank you.

With VP being meaningless, winning or losing being meaningless as well, what's the interesting part here again?
    well, i think then that's the real problem. if you don't enjoy bs pvp, there will be no reward that will make you change your mind. if you want to do it for rewards, you are doing exactly what the daily farmers are doing: you are doing it for reasons other than to do it. which is perfectly reasonable. however in that case the conclusion would be that you don't care about how bs works. but you're opposing. i'm not sure i get why from what you've said.

on a broader notice, the only objection to this can be that people dig the rp aspect too much to give it up for a balanced battlestation. which is a fine reasoning, but imo not a convincing one. if you have to choose between a bs that runs more often and is more balanced and one where you keep the omni/clan conflict for rp reasons, i think the reasonable choice is obvious. I have said it before and I will repeat it here. One thing that AO desperately needs is the ability to log in your toon and do something right away. This is the one thing that could do that for pvp. Not because people are after some reward - that everyone will have farmed in a few weeks, or after xp which has stacked up to 220 at some point, but because they just love to log in and bash each others heads. that is what battlestations should be - in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    well, i think then that's the real problem. if you don't enjoy bs pvp, there will be no reward that will make you change your mind. if you want to do it for rewards, you are doing exactly what the daily farmers are doing: you are doing it for reasons other than to do it. which is perfectly reasonable. however in that case the conclusion would be that you don't care about how bs works. but you're opposing. i'm not sure i get why from what you've said.

on a broader notice, the only objection to this can be that people dig the rp aspect too much to give it up for a balanced battlestation. which is a fine reasoning, but imo not a convincing one. if you have to choose between a bs that runs more often and is more balanced and one where you keep the omni/clan conflict for rp reasons, i think the reasonable choice is obvious. I have said it before and I will repeat it here. One thing that AO desperately needs is the ability to log in your toon and do something right away. This is the one thing that could do that for pvp. Not because people are after some reward - that everyone will have farmed in a few weeks, or after xp which has stacked up to 220 at some point, but because they just love to log in and bash each others heads. that is what battlestations should be - in my opinion.
    Yet another silly assumption. I enjoy BS PvP, but there is no PvP happening anymore. Clan 4caps all the time, so rounds end after like 3 minutes, a lot of people APT in decon (sure thats gonna be fixed soon), some just "afk" on BS, and some others try to hide somewhere or don't even fight back when you attack them. So forgive me, for not having fun on BS anymore or be able to consider it interesting.

Clan 4caps all the time, so rounds end after like 3 minutes, a lot of people APT in decon (sure thats gonna be fixed soon), some just "afk" on BS, and some others try to hide somewhere or don't even fight back when you attack them. So forgive me, for not having fun on BS anymore or be able to consider it interesting.
    That's because the only reward for joining BS is XP rewards. Lots more people would enjoy bs pvp if there was any point to it, rewards for actually pvping. Just like a lot of people claim they enjoyed NW pvp while at the same time avoiding battlestation and city pvp at all costs.

VP as a currency quickly becomes obsolete for any character meaning there should be more and better rewards. And there should be a global side buff for the side that won the most rounds updating every 24 hours.

Edit: and XP dailies should update only when your side reaches 500 points.
    Last edited by DarkerThanBlack; Feb 20th, 2015 at 19:21:43.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkerThanBlack View Post
    That's because the only reward for joining BS is XP rewards. Lots more people would enjoy bs pvp if there was any point to it, rewards for actually pvping. Just like a lot of people claim they enjoyed NW pvp while at the same time avoiding battlestation and city pvp at all costs.

VP as a currency quickly becomes obsolete for any character meaning there should be more and better rewards. And there should be a global side buff for the side that won the most rounds updating every 24 hours.

Edit: and XP dailies should update only when your side reaches 500 points.
    Exactly my point. Improve BS and the "no omni"-problem will go away by itself. No need to mess it up.

Exactly my point. Improve BS and the "no omni"-problem will go away by itself. No need to mess it up.
    problem is that it will probably take that one dev this game has, ages to do something like that.
    And I am all for improvement. But the sign up as neutral suggestion can work as a quick fix, so it runs until they have time to improve BS. As they should!

Yet another silly assumption. I enjoy BS PvP, but there is no PvP happening anymore. Clan 4caps all the time, so rounds end after like 3 minutes, a lot of people APT in decon (sure thats gonna be fixed soon), some just "afk" on BS, and some others try to hide somewhere or don't even fight back when you attack them. So forgive me, for not having fun on BS anymore or be able to consider it interesting.
    its not a silly assumption, is what you said before and what you said now. you do not enjoy battestation pvp as it is. now with the reasoning you give now, i do understand why you don't want it changed. i do understand your dislike for each of these points and i actually agree with those being problems. but i disagree with your opinion that this is not a solution. with random distribution, 4 cappers, afkers, dcon apters and all others will be distributed evenly, and most importantly, mixed up every round. it would also mix better pvpers better and even out the constant problem of uneven numbers there to begin with. there is nothing fc could do to even all these things out in any other way. and the suggestion of rewards, as i said previously, will not change any of that. all it will do is that it will yet again increase the number of decon apters, afkers and 4 cappers that just want the round to be over with to get said reward. or do you suggest a kill counter reward? for counterarguments to these, please see thread "bring back old pvp title system".

and the suggestion should not be sign up as neutral. it should be sign up. you will be designated to a side. everyone will. everything else is nonsense because people will just use this feature to sign up with the winning side which will fix nothing.

now to improve bs. how does that work? yes, you ban decon apt. ok. if we get really lucky, fc will find a fix to the 6 vs 2 rounds that happen all the time. but how do you fix afkers? how do you fix people that do not want to pvp or are bad at it? how bad this can be, there is footage from inflict bs rounds that show how a previously winning clan side can get trashed if the other side is a coordinated team of pvp veterans only. how do you balance that?
    Last edited by Xootch; Feb 21st, 2015 at 14:34:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    its not a silly assumption, is what you said before and what you said now. you do not enjoy battestation pvp as it is. now with the reasoning you give now, i do understand why you don't want it changed. i do understand your dislike for each of these points and i actually agree with those being problems. but i disagree with your opinion that this is not a solution. with random distribution, 4 cappers, afkers, dcon apters and all others will be distributed evenly, and most importantly, mixed up every round. it would also mix better pvpers better and even out the constant problem of uneven numbers there to begin with. there is nothing fc could do to even all these things out in any other way. and the suggestion of rewards, as i said previously, will not change any of that. all it will do is that it will yet again increase the number of decon apters, afkers and 4 cappers that just want the round to be over with to get said reward. or do you suggest a kill counter reward? for counterarguments to these, please see thread "bring back old pvp title system".

and the suggestion should not be sign up as neutral. it should be sign up. you will be designated to a side. everyone will. everything else is nonsense because people will just use this feature to sign up with the winning side which will fix nothing.

now to improve bs. how does that work? yes, you ban decon apt. ok. if we get really lucky, fc will find a fix to the 6 vs 2 rounds that happen all the time. but how do you fix afkers? how do you fix people that do not want to pvp or are bad at it? how bad this can be, there is footage from inflict bs rounds that show how a previously winning clan side can get trashed if the other side is a coordinated team of pvp veterans only. how do you balance that?
    I guess my issue with that statement was rather that I feel it sounds wrong when you say I don't enjoy BS PvP. Since I do. A lot. I just do not consider the current BS situation PvP at all.
    I understand your point that it would more likely even out with everyone just signing up without actually choosing a side, but afk'ers etc will still be there, and technically you cannot know how many of them will be on one side. So it might as well end in 6vs6 but one side has 4 leechers. It sure would get rounds running more often, but if they will be more fun is quite questionable.
    On the other hand, *maybe* people who don't sign up atm, would sign up then, when they know there is a legit chance of BS running. But it's a big maybe.

Improving BS is indeed hard. My first suggestion would definitely be to rethink the lvl ranges. 151/101 vs a 200/150 twink is ridiculous and no fun whatsoever. I think it's the main reason why people don't even try or do everything to not get detected.

I would not suggest a kill counter reward. Simply for the reason that we technically have it already, just that the reward is some fancy name and numbers on your Infopage. It's reason enough for people to farm greenies, and I would in no way support this any further with actual useful rewards.

I guess as a temporary fix I could live with it, but I consider it a very lame band aid. And if any Dev would actually work on it in the meantime, or just think about solutions is questionable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast