Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quick fix for BS queues

Quote Originally Posted by Iaitoo View Post
    problem is that it will probably take that one dev this game has, ages to do something like that.
    Probably not if they actually focus on bs improvement, but 18.7 changes are priority now.

Quote Originally Posted by Iaitoo View Post
    And I am all for improvement. But the sign up as neutral suggestion can work as a quick fix, so it runs until they have time to improve BS. As they should!
    This game has been barely surviving on quick and easy "improvements" for years, they tend to not help at all in the long run in case you haven't noticed. XP dailies are a good example, for a while they were praised as the change to forever improve BS now only a few months later there's already complaints how bs doesn't run

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    I understand your point that it would more likely even out with everyone just signing up without actually choosing a side, but afk'ers etc will still be there, and technically you cannot know how many of them will be on one side. So it might as well end in 6vs6 but one side has 4 leechers. It sure would get rounds running more often, but if they will be more fun is quite questionable.
    On the other hand, *maybe* people who don't sign up atm, would sign up then, when they know there is a legit chance of BS running. But it's a big maybe.

Improving BS is indeed hard. My first suggestion would definitely be to rethink the lvl ranges. 151/101 vs a 200/150 twink is ridiculous and no fun whatsoever. I think it's the main reason why people don't even try or do everything to not get detected.
    that is a valid point. but also consider that these people will be redistributed the next round, while they would for sure be on the same side as it is now. also, at the moment quite often 6 vs 2 rounds start just because there are uneven numbers to begin with - with no one leeching, just the people that sign up and actually accept then. that is what frustrates me the most. you get zerged by 6 people, just because you only got 1 more guy on your side. these queue mechanics annoy the (*@!$# out of me. i think this is the first thing fc would need to fix, but apparently they are unable to do that.

the second thing is that it is not rare that its 15 vs 1 queue. because one side just got beat bad and everyone emo quit. and that would just not happen if team got mixed every time. if there are 15 people, bs would run. and people would not emo quit as easily because they are in a different team playing against a different team next round.

we used to sign up as an org team. with teamspeak. with the low numbers these days, we would be almost all of our side and be up against uncoordinated enemy teams. needless to say, almost none of us died and the other side emoquit after that round. sometimes there were enough for a 2nd or 3rd round because they were waiting the previous rounds, but eventually, it killed bs. and i can't even blame people for quitting. its frustrating to get zerged while your side runs around solo. its hard enough to get people to team and stick together, but against a teamspeak team with callers etc, most of the time you are just screwed. round after round.

I have a 150 NT that's kind of on hold that isn't even that twinked at all, just MIy's Nano and decent symbs really. Myself and a trader pretty much chainkilled two TL4 melee advies over and over as soon as we met them, and BS didn't last much longer after that. No one else appeared to show up either...
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    that is a valid point. but also consider that these people will be redistributed the next round, while they would for sure be on the same side as it is now. also, at the moment quite often 6 vs 2 rounds start just because there are uneven numbers to begin with - with no one leeching, just the people that sign up and actually accept then. that is what frustrates me the most. you get zerged by 6 people, just because you only got 1 more guy on your side. these queue mechanics annoy the (*@!$# out of me. i think this is the first thing fc would need to fix, but apparently they are unable to do that.

the second thing is that it is not rare that its 15 vs 1 queue. because one side just got beat bad and everyone emo quit. and that would just not happen if team got mixed every time. if there are 15 people, bs would run. and people would not emo quit as easily because they are in a different team playing against a different team next round.

we used to sign up as an org team. with teamspeak. with the low numbers these days, we would be almost all of our side and be up against uncoordinated enemy teams. needless to say, almost none of us died and the other side emoquit after that round. sometimes there were enough for a 2nd or 3rd round because they were waiting the previous rounds, but eventually, it killed bs. and i can't even blame people for quitting. its frustrating to get zerged while your side runs around solo. its hard enough to get people to team and stick together, but against a teamspeak team with callers etc, most of the time you are just screwed. round after round.
    That is indeed true. Hadn't thought about the mix up every round.

About the Queue problem: How is the mechanic supposed to find out if someone will go up or not? Very often after the round started the "There are not enough xx" message pops up. So it seems there is some sort of check for that. Most of the time, when I find myself with an uneven number, I'm not sure if it really is like that, or if people are just sneaking/hiding. You'd be surprised how many people I detect in sneak on my TL6 Advi.
    The only thing I can think of here is some sort of check every 1-3 minutes when you're queued, if you're still on screen or afk.

Zerg is also a problem, but people refusing to team or help others is as well. Since PvP turned into leveling, people act selfish. The other day I was fighting some random player (don't even remember) at A when two Claner came my way. Instead of assisting me in getting the Omni down they just ran past. And on top didn't even cap A. Like, seriously? That was the moment when I "emoquit", because I figured it's pointless.
    And I think this is where DTB's point comes in as well. While he's worried about not getting buffed, I think you could add scenarios like this to the list as well. When one side can't even help each other, how do you expect people who have been fighting against each other for maybe years, to suddenly fight side by side? When it's really about PvP and not the dailies.

I think it's pretty hard to fix a mindset with some gamecodes. People will most likely always find a way around. So better think about a complete rework of BS than just duct-tapeing it.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Bump for the signup as a neutral. Fixes pretty much everything.

I had the BEST and most AWESOME 150-200 BS fight the other day.

There were OT who fought!! It was a back n' forth battle that lasted nearly half an hour.

It was me (192NT) and some fr00bs against a really well-tricked out agent & a crazy hard-to-kill soldier, and a shade who I just crushed over and over. (not enough root break options??)

I was perk reset'd into enhance DNA, genius, & nanobreed primary to get my merlin armor on, so I was essentially gimped, but loved every minute of it.

The agent killed me through Nullity sphere a couple times, (wtf right?) UBT is absolute DEATH to an NT. It took 4 of us to kill the soldier, he had some crazy healing ability which I still don't understand how is possible. (if it's OMHH, i'm glad they are nerfing it.)

My experience is: You don't have to be ELEET, (fr00bs do kinda fail epically tho) you just have to Compete, and everyone has fun.

my 2c idea: some kind of simple tie-the-rewards-to-actions setup, where capping / killing / getting killed get you the points, and sitting still doing nothing or Emo-quitting gets you nothing. Why can't each side be auto-raid grouped, to encourage group play? Incentives are easy to adjust, & inexperienced PvP'ers would have more fun if shielded by a group. 90% of the time is running through an empty BS looking for OT's... that's not fun. Lets raise the cap on # of people enrolled, and do queue shifting when people refuse / go offline. It should ALWAYS start full...
    "'Techs are your friend! Everyone uses Nano!" - Zaenix
    "Wushu Ninjagirl, smackin mobs like beef slappin on wet pavement" - Rosmarin
    "Never trust a hive-mind" - Sittinpretty (ex-OT mind control subject)

We are getting red VS blue! All hail the great Michi!
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

WTB Red and blue teams in BS. Thanks Michi!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12