Thread: Ranged energy for leveling

Ranged energy for leveling

Anyone got any good tips on RE weapons from lvl 1 to 151?
    Weapons that would also preform well in SL
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

WTB Red and blue teams in BS. Thanks Michi!

All I can really think of is maybe the AI weapons
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

AI weapons are "brilliant" for that. Offcorse you can find other ranged energy weapons here and there. But none come to mind that will outperform simple RE pistols.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

The new El Diablos are quite good. 1/1 with burst and fling. Damage isn't amazing, but it's fast with fast specials. Haven't tried it out because shiny cluster being in the brain really sucks.
    Lilkueg 220/26/6x Opifex Shade
    Kuegen 211/11 Atrox Enforcer
    And Many More!

The -000 line of weapons is an option, while they're pretty much just worse than the AI guns, they may be cheaper and/or easier for you to get.

Another option would be the viral weapon upgrades, the Xnemth Plasmaprojector and Kaetans Supernova are both made with a viral weapon upgrade and a RK gun, and aren't too shabby. One has full auto and fling, the other has burst (and a much faster burst cycle than the Kyr'Ozch Energy Pistol). You should be able to make either anywhere from QL 1 to 200.

Quote Originally Posted by Litestrider View Post
    The -000 line of weapons is an option, while they're pretty much just worse than the AI guns, they may be cheaper and/or easier for you to get.
    This is no longer true, the -000 weapons were recently changed to be a RK style (low min high max) set of weapons, rather than following the AI weapons template. They should be viable for RK leveling, but may perform poorly in SL.

Ah, I see that. It look like Auno is multiple patches behind at this point. That's a shame, I'm fond of their interface.

Thanks for pointing that out!

I have a strong affinity for RE weapons when leveling, mainly because hardly anyone uses them. Typically, the AI weapons are the best for the reasons mentioned, but I also use the Xnemth plasmaprojector an awful lot for support toons (NM doc or engi, primarily). It takes a bit of twink dedication to keep the full auto high enough, but they're fun. And you get a doctor with full auto, which has made me smile for a good seven years now.

I seem to recall some of the katana's were melee energy, the ones that drop in ToTW. Either Demoder or Auno may have a way to search on "requires melee/ranged energy"

Emma

Some of revamped 000 weapons are decent but only if the upgrades have been made easier to get.