Thread: 18.7.0.22 Testlive notes.

18.7.0.22 Testlive notes.

Not much for us here... GIVA has had the detaunt removed.

I see other changes to the cyberdecks on tl.aoitems.com, but I'm not sure what they are.

Also, Nanobot Guard has a proper stacking order added. I assume that's to override RRFE.

Discuss! :P
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Changes so far as I could find them (it was NOT a NT-focused patch at all though, so more will come soon enough ):

- All Cyberdecks were shortened in range from 35m to 15m.

Not entirely sure it makes sense as when doing DD we should stay at high/max range. I get that the whole Cyberdeck DD while moving thing needs balance but 15m means we're not going to be using our Cyberdeck in many PvM fights in the game, Collector included.
    It's also not extended by NF range buffs.

- NBG was changed but I can't really see anything different on it. Superior Nanobot Shelter and RRFE still stack, casting NBG with those up removes SNS but keeps RRFE, so it's not that.

No idea what to make of this.

- GIVA has had it's detaunt removed.

If the idea is for us to be standing at 15m while nuking/decking we're going to start to watch our aggro pretty heavily as we'll draw pretty huge amounts of it. Keep that NS2 button handy on S42, etc.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

I do like the detaunt being gone. Contrary to popular belief, NT's can take a good beating, and take aggro if needed in many situations. Having the detaunt would have ruined that.

The only thing I can mention at the moment, is I still don't really know what Michi's plan is. To date, I have never had the chance to speak with him on test, via PM, etc.

When you add up not having the chance to speak with him, to a patch that doesn't change much for us, it makes me hesitant to keep suggesting changes until we see some action.

I'm not blaming Michi. He's a busy guy.... I'm a busy guy, and our time difference doesn't help here. I just don't know what he's thinking, and am throwing ideas out there, which is slightly concerning.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

NT's can take a great beating and be substitute tanks in certain situations. But if we're going in as max dps (we're talking about the kind of dps that gets you picked for a team, here), we won't have our usual evade/aad setup up and have to rely solely on NS2 / NBG. NBG makes our damage drop to the ground pretty fast, though.. so NS2 would be our "emergency button" until the tank can pick aggro back up (if the tank died we're likely going down anyway if it's a big enough boss, thinking Beast/S42 here, where a damage setup would make even more sense).

I don't think we should be mid/close range damage dealers by design. NT always struck me as a very high range, very high DD type of thing. But that's down to personal opinion.

This patch wasn't meant to change much for NT's, we'll get our fix (pun very much intended), soon enough.

NOTE: I meant that I dislike the taunt being removed IF we're going to have to stand at 15m to be able to use our Cyberdeck on bosses. I have no issues with the detaunt by itself.
    Last edited by DigitalBath; Feb 26th, 2015 at 15:30:45.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

Does the triple turned time bomb still do melee damage? Don't think I've seen any mention of that since your initial paste of the nano.

i think it's supposed to do the same damage as the cyberdeck you're wearing, iirc.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

So.. about the Cyberdeck and the somewhat underwhelming "delayed" nukes.. (PvM-setup with 51% nano damage modifier which doesn't affect cyberdeck and +340 Add Radiation Damage which does).

Izgimmer-modified Cyberdeck = You hit Bartender for 1102 points of radiation damage.
    Izgimmer's Tactical Nuke = Bartender was attacked with nanobots for 4500 points of projectile damage.

Note the damage isn't correctly attributed to the NT. This also happens with the LE AoE Nukes:

Mastablasta's Cataclysm = Bartender was attacked with nanobots for 5521 points of radiation damage.

- I mentioned this on Testlive to Michi but I'm not sure he noticed it. I'll report it properly soon (tm).
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

Judging from the desc on the nuke (this is taken from Iz tactical nuke) it is supposed to work as i wrote above, so i guess it's still needs work

"The target will be hit for 4500 - 6500 points of damage, 3 seconds after landing. This nano will pierce any reflect shields that the enemy has active. The type of damage will depend on the equipped weapon."
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

What's the recharges like on the delayed nukes?
    Varsbot
    Variable004

For comprehensive purpose, and judge of NBG's strength in term of balancing, I think it is good to consider it as an absorb.

So, with new nanopool numbers that are floating around, from 22k to 28k, we looking at an absorb of 15k to 18k HP with a full pool, compared to 30ish K for a nm with 45K pool before. Take a few K away from these figures accounting for casting cost, Shelter cost pre NBG, this -500 nano drain, etc.

Pros compared to a normal absorb is that it's not taken away instantly by a big AS or Full Auto like Coon can be, if stacking order is kept like now, also you can "refresh" the layer with the 20k heal and you can use it every minute with a lessened effect the second time.

Cons, it doesn't have the layered benefit when facing multi-AC damage (so, basically, when fighting several opponents at once), it hinder your offensive capabilities and requires much micro-managing on the player part to get the most out of it (managing nano-heal, keeping doin your offensive job at the same time…).

Well needless to say, it is much less stronger now, but I don't know if that's nescessarily a bad news, if other defensive tools are beefed up in the trade (like layer, or more reliable AAO debuffs etc).

But what's more, in most case I'd rather never have to come down to using this NBG design if I could choose. There were this nasty feeling before that you felt that NBG was overkilling your pool compared to how much it killed your HP. Cause if you ended your nanopool with say 80% remaining HP you d still be dead. So I kinda wanted for a long time to have a lower DtN value, designed so that under NBG, your nanopool and HP pool goes down at the same pace, proportionally speaking. I think the sweet spot would probably be around 50 to 60 DtN. I think that would be much more interesting in term of game design !

There might even be room for both design, a "last chance" one that you cast when your HP is dangerously close to 0 while your nano pool is still high and healthy, with high DtN value, like the current design, and a lower DtN one designed for sustainability.

New patch, and although there's not much to talk about for us, there will be a new thread here:

https://forums.anarchy-online.com/sh...Testlive-notes
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent