Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seasonal Ability buffing Items

Seasonal Ability buffing Items

Please stop creating loot that only drops once a year that can make or break some essential builds for twinking, i.e buffs abilities. The prices on such items are absolutely outrageous if their obtainable at all. I tried to buy some Aban Fala's Bracer of Logic, measly +4 intell is the only significant modifier it has, yet the seller, who was selling below Shopping channel and GMI market index, was still asking 170m. I won't apologize for having to work 70hours a week, and thus can't make it home every time FC has some holiday crap bag of loot to give away. Nor will I spend 170m on a bracer that goes solely to rich / cred buyers or no lifers who play continuously for days on end during such holiday sprees, farming these items only to gouge prices once they become unobtainable. How is this at all fair to players who can't spend the creds, or time on such farming or to the unlikely newcomer to AO? It's completely disappointing to see such items like that. Simply look at the pioneer bp, and it's extortion of market pricing.

Aban Fala's drop in the New Inferno missions. They are not seasonal loot.

But I do agree with making things such as Lya Sangi Pads a reasonable drop somewhere.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Aban Fala's drop in the New Inferno missions. They are not seasonal loot.
    I've been lied too : D same time though point still stands about numerous other items.

lya pads should dropp from rk missions or even better... loose its nodropp.

Protip: Join a good org with buffing items bank.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Because nodrop buffing items work so well for communal group buffing.

What's the deal with Miy cloaks anyway? When are they next due to appear?

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    Because nodrop buffing items work so well for communal group buffing.

What's the deal with Miy cloaks anyway? When are they next due to appear?
    Miy's Cloaks drop from New Infernos and from the new Medusa Mobs that are wandering around.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

I think it's worth approaching this from a purely economical viewpoint.

Someone's working on a really intensive twinking project, it's literally consumed their playtime, and they're almost done. But they need one more item: a seasonal nodrop. And the seasonal drops just ended. So, their goal has suddenly become "wait almost an entire year". This kind of person isn't very motivated to stick around and stay subscribed. And after that much time they aren't going to be very motivated to resubscribe either when the time finally comes, since they've had a year to forget everything.

I've seen this play out many times in many different games.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Protip: Join a good org with buffing items bank.
    I'm sorry but if your friendships are made and your loyalty is determined by the opportunities you receive then you have quite a serious character flaw. I hate how "leave your friends and leech off people you don't know" is the optimum answer for the huge disparity of items, armorand wealth in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Miy's Cloaks drop from New Infernos and from the new Medusa Mobs that are wandering around.
    New Infs, you say? What options do I have to pick to have a chance at seeing one? I've done a crap ton of Brink (mostly easy) and not seen any. Also how about lower QLs, or do they not drop in game at lower QLs?

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    New Infs, you say? What options do I have to pick to have a chance at seeing one? I've done a crap ton of Brink (mostly easy) and not seen any. Also how about lower QLs, or do they not drop in game at lower QLs?
    Mediums and Hards mostly. The lower QL cloaks are dropping from the Medusas.

Quote Originally Posted by Michiczure View Post
    Medusa Grandmatriarchs have been spotted in Eastern Foul Plains; approach with caution
    I believe they are the things that drop 'em.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Quote Originally Posted by gresh View Post
    I'm sorry but if your friendships are made and your loyalty is determined by the opportunities you receive then you have quite a serious character flaw. I hate how "leave your friends and leech off people you don't know" is the optimum answer for the huge disparity of items, armorand wealth in game.
    I think the fact that you claim one can't have both friends and items that you share with them is actually far more worrying thing than anything you've read into from Ciex's post.

Claiming someone has only formed friendships out of desire for items - without any evidence - is a fairly large character flaw in itself.

Do you know the trick to acquiring wealth in any game? Do things.
    Do you know the most efficient way to get things done? As a group.
    Do you know where the most valuable stuff is? In things you can't do solo.

ProTip for Anarchy Online and all multiplayer games ever; Have friends, do stuff with friends, become item/cash rich together. Its fun - you should try it.
    Bainzyy - Level 220/30 Shade
    PvP-ing - RP-ing - PvMing

Limited edition items shouldn't provide any kind of advantage over other players, it's only common sense.

Funcom's seasonal gamechanging items are nothing other than just another band-aid fix, one with which they hoped to increase the population. Of course the nature of such ideas means in the long run it creates even more problems without actually fixing anything, in this case severe itemization disparity between players who were in a position to farm those items and those who weren't. I guess in simple terms it could be called a scam.

You have an extremely odd way of looking at things Darkerthanblack.

I'd post what I think, but the mods generally frown on that.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Bainzy View Post
    I think the fact that you claim one can't have both friends and items that you share with them is actually far more worrying thing than anything you've read into from Ciex's post.

Claiming someone has only formed friendships out of desire for items - without any evidence - is a fairly large character flaw in itself.

Do you know the trick to acquiring wealth in any game? Do things.
    Do you know the most efficient way to get things done? As a group.
    Do you know where the most valuable stuff is? In things you can't do solo.

ProTip for Anarchy Online and all multiplayer games ever; Have friends, do stuff with friends, become item/cash rich together. Its fun - you should try it.
    Right ok I'm going to first point out that I'm not complaining at not having friends in game (I have), items ingame (I have), wealth in game (I have).

I more have issue with the common response to somebody else complaining of such things is to leave the org and friends behind to join another org with people they don't know simply for the expectation of acquiring needed things.

So you see, I'm claiming none of the things you claim I claim. I am fully aware people can farm their own items and make their own friends which is why I opposed the suggestion to move to an unfamiliar org with unknown people just to obtain gear. Where in that do you see me claiming that gear cant be handed out to friends or org mates? I have multiple bank toons and I've given items out freely to not just my friend and org members but also to randomers I don't know simply out of sheer will to want to help. I don't force them into leaving the org they are in simply for some (insert what ever item here).

So you see you can save your protip and tell it someone else because I am a big advocate of making your own friends(I.e people you get on with for more natural reasons than what you can gain from them(because that is actually quite manipulative I.e using people)) I'm also a big advocate of going out and farming your own items (I assume this is what you meant by doing things as opposed to washing up or riding the pony). I am really sorry if I hurt your girlfriends feelings though. I'll buy her some flowers next time valentines comes round (is that enough "sorry" gesture?) and ill stand by what I say regarding your friendships and loyalty being determined by opportunity being a major character flaw.
    Last edited by gresh; Feb 27th, 2015 at 18:59:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    You have an extremely odd way of looking at things Darkerthanblack.

I'd post what I think, but the mods generally frown on that.
    Nah, we're free to criticize funcom. We have that right being paying customers. Yes I know I'm a cynical person but as the late, great George Carlin said inside of every cynical person is a disappointed idealist

You can get Miy's from medusas, after around 40-50 kills i got everything i wanted, ql300 miys tank chest, boots, cloak.

And now they are free for others to farm. Droprates in new inferno missions are not really great... but you do those for xp, so any lewt you get... oh btw is always good.

Sesonal events should stay as they are. If anything new loot should be added to make more twinking possible, like attrox psychic feet armor or something sexy. It brings great entertainment to times around hollowen and aniversiary.

Without those unique lewts... there would be no hype, no entertainment. So more lewt like that, to scheduled events, so people have more incentive to be ingame at surten times of year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Where do you find medusas high enough to drop ql 300 parts?
    Starphoenix 220/30 Adventurer - Shesmine 220/30 Enforcer - Sgtcuddle 220/30 Soldier - Pervonen 220/27 Doctor - Startrade 218/30 Trader - Letter 200/30 Bureaucrat - Shiasurprise 199/20 Soldier - Envelope 150/17 Bureaucrat

The fancy new ones out by Tchu.

well having read the above posts, i have to say that while i have seen that seasonal drops tend to drum up activity, it's not always positive. i have seen people purposely train others or bring guards/flags into their aoes to screw them for their farming spots, which is detrimental/counter-productive to the community and the gameplay as a whole (had it done to me a couple times).
    easy and solid solutions:
    Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    ...should dropp from rk missions or even better... loose its nodropp.
    personally i don't see a "con" from this, everything else that is used frequently that is not nodrop changes hands often, allows people to share/lend them and doesn't get people ripping their hair out, stops teams from monopolizing farming areas, and doesn't produce this scenario...
    Quote Originally Posted by Litestrider View Post
    Someone's working on a really intensive twinking project, it's literally consumed their playtime, and they're almost done. But they need one more item: a seasonal nodrop. And the seasonal drops just ended. So, their goal has suddenly become "wait almost an entire year". This kind of person isn't very motivated to stick around and stay subscribed. And after that much time they aren't going to be very motivated to resubscribe either when the time finally comes, since they've had a year to forget everything.
    which of course hurts the population.
    as for things like the nomad armor, they should have been added as a drop on a new uncommon/rare mob at least. for seasonal events, they should be actual events, not item farming madness.
    ""Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" --- Confucius""

too many alts to list, inquire for info. specialties: froobs, fixer, MA, advy, trader/NT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast