Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seasonal Ability buffing Items

Thread Summary: "wah there's an item i want but cannot get... FC, please remove it so noone can have it or make it easy for me to get."

I understand that this is a game we all pay to play for fun, but that does not mean everyone is entitled to everything. And those shoulder items for agi/sen are hardly groundbreaking, just helpful for getting a higher level item in (which is helpful yes, but toons are hardly useless without it). Short version: suck it up, it's just a game and you are not owed anything besides the ability to play and have fun.
    Proud Member of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Bonghigs View Post
    Thread Summary: "wah there's an item i want but cannot get... FC, please remove it so noone can have it or make it easy for me to get."

I understand that this is a game we all pay to play for fun, but that does not mean everyone is entitled to everything. And those shoulder items for agi/sen are hardly groundbreaking, just helpful for getting a higher level item in (which is helpful yes, but toons are hardly useless without it). Short version: suck it up, it's just a game and you are not owed anything besides the ability to play and have fun.
    /facepalm

Congratulations, you just put words in the mouths of an entire page of posters and missed the point by about six miles.

This tired old "entitlement" meme really annoys me, because nobody ever actually understands what it means and when it's valid.

Thread Summary: .. And those shoulder items for agi/sen are hardly groundbreaking, just helpful for getting a higher level item in (which is helpful yes, but toons are hardly useless without it).
    this is why it shouldn't be a problem with any kind of balance issues for us to be able to at least trade them... but the others are right, you missed the point - do you mean to say if things like lya's armor and nomad were trade-able you wouldn't take advantage of that or that it wouldn't make anything easier or different for you working on your toons?
    ""Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" --- Confucius""

too many alts to list, inquire for info. specialties: froobs, fixer, MA, advy, trader/NT

Quote Originally Posted by rayje View Post
    this is why it shouldn't be a problem with any kind of balance issues for us to be able to at least trade them... but the others are right, you missed the point - do you mean to say if things like lya's armor and nomad were trade-able you wouldn't take advantage of that or that it wouldn't make anything easier or different for you working on your toons?
    I did not miss the point, i just do not believe that everyone is entitled to everything as you all seem to. Just because an item exists doesn't mean everyone should always be able to get it. It is a game and should be fun, but part of the fun of AO is that it's not carebear online (to bring back an old joke)

Do i have a problem with them being tradable? No. Never said i did, and i don't.
    If they were tradeable would i use them on alts? Of course I would, duh! Did I say i wouldn't? (Hint: i didn't)
    Do i get upset enough to whine on forums because my new toons do not have them due to their seasonality? No, because i understand that sometimes everything isn't handed on a silver platter.

TL;DR, i repeat: "suck it up, it's just a game and you are not owed anything besides the ability to play and have fun."
    Proud Member of Paradise

Do i have a problem with them being tradable? No. Never said i did, and i don't.
    If they were tradeable would i use them on alts? Of course I would, duh! Did I say i wouldn't? (Hint: i didn't)
    Do i get upset enough to whine on forums because my new toons do not have them due to their seasonality? No, because i understand that sometimes everything isn't handed on a silver platter.
    well that's you, and you have the right to have whatever view you want, but what's the harm in the rest of us lobbying for this? if you don't agree, why did you bother participating in this thread? why bash on us for expressing our opinions?
    ""Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" --- Confucius""

too many alts to list, inquire for info. specialties: froobs, fixer, MA, advy, trader/NT

I always thought seasonal items were a way to increase subscriptions during may-june for nomads, and oct-nov for halloween. I dont have a problem with that. Not many people would do the seasonal encounters if they could get the items year round.

Seriously who would farm items to spawn desert rider if you could get clio/nomads from rk missions? Or who would go to political zones/towers during halloween if you could just pull GUPH rk missions year round?

Those are seasonal events that you can get rewarded for participating in. If the reward is year round very few players would participate in the "special events".

Asking for this type of change is no different than asking for christmas trees being available year round to decorate your new toons apartment. lolz

Quote Originally Posted by Frokidd View Post
    I always thought seasonal items were a way to increase subscriptions during may-june for nomads, and oct-nov for halloween. I dont have a problem with that. Not many people would do the seasonal encounters if they could get the items year round.

Seriously who would farm items to spawn desert rider if you could get clio/nomads from rk missions? Or who would go to political zones/towers during halloween if you could just pull GUPH rk missions year round?

Those are seasonal events that you can get rewarded for participating in. If the reward is year round very few players would participate in the "special events".

Asking for this type of change is no different than asking for christmas trees being available year round to decorate your new toons apartment. lolz
    i get what you mean, but honestly how many people have you known that resubbed purely for either of those events? i could be wrong but i don't think the events make any difference at all for most people to subscribe or not. however, i do think it would eliminate over camping and competitive/predatory strategies regarding the mobs. currently there are allot of people who don't get any of the seasonal armors even when they're in season because when they try they get their camping grounds taken by higher toons or if in tower fields get ganked in the process. i can't speak for anyone else, but i think experiences like that frustrate people into quitting and thereby hurt the game more than help. i think there's a balance to be had, ex: make clio and ql 300 nomads remain only from the event mobs, and same for the higher ql special items like twinking guns and lya's from GUPH. IMO having perfect qls (300) of event items is what the events are for, and seasonal events shouldn't turn everyone into a bunch of jerks over armor of all things, but i see it every time the events come around...

I dont have a big org but I do have clio and 300 nomad vacuum pack on my main. Because I was willing to join a team in vicinity. That was also the first time I was invited to a chat bot. I think being social was rewarded in my case. From what I am reading and correct me if I am wrong but I get the impression people are asking for ways to get premier SEASONAL loot with out the social aspect of a MMORPG. Either year round or solo farming. Is that correct?

I dont have a big org but I do have clio and 300 nomad vacuum pack on my main. Because I was willing to join a team in vicinity. That was also the first time I was invited to a chat bot. I think being social was rewarded in my case. From what I am reading and correct me if I am wrong but I get the impression people are asking for ways to get premier SEASONAL loot with out the social aspect of a MMORPG. Either year round or solo farming. Is that correct?
    Yes, because it directly influences twinking capability.

Let's say an item drops from a mob that gives 1k to all abilities and only drops from this mob once a year. Oh no! You're working all day that it's there and you can't get on to get it. Now you're behind everyone else who DID get it!

See the problem? Life happens but the game stays persistent. Locking away vital twinking gear behind events is bad game design
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Yes, because it directly influences twinking capability.
    Correct this if it's wrong but i thought people were able to get on alpha symbs equiped BEFORE nomads ever existed? Which means there are other items or ways to end game twink. Nomads just makes it easier and or allows players to ignore other means. If that is wrong then ok but if that is correct then it's not about a "must have" item to complete twinking but rather a "wanted convenience" to avoid other item hunting that is available year round. Unless I am wrong on that of course???

Also aren't Lya's shoulders dropping from new inf missions now and the grandma medusa anyway?

Correct this if it's wrong but i thought people were able to get on alpha symbs equiped BEFORE nomads ever existed? Which means there are other items or ways to end game twink. Nomads just makes it easier and or allows players to ignore other means. If that is wrong then ok but if that is correct then it's not about a "must have" item to complete twinking but rather a "wanted convenience" to avoid other item hunting that is available year round. Unless I am wrong on that of course???

Also aren't Lya's shoulders dropping from new inf missions now and the grandma medusa anyway?
    This isn't just about Alphas. It affects the entire spectrum from 1 to 220. They are a very powerful asset when it comes to lower TL twinking.

And afaik, they don't drop outside of the current seasonal events.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Correct this if it's wrong but i thought people were able to get on alpha symbs equiped BEFORE nomads ever existed? [...] Unless I am wrong on that of course???
    There are still some breed+prof combinations left who can't put a fullset alpha on. I think those are mostly(only?) Atrox.

Nomads are seasonal but lya stuff drops year round from new inf missions the back item I've seen on seen selling channels. Dropped from both grandma medusa and new inf missions.

Nomads are seasonal but lya stuff drops year round from new inf missions the back item I've seen on seen selling channels. Dropped from both grandma medusa and new inf missions.
    Lya doesn't even have a backitem. You're thinking of Miy's armor, which isn't nodrop.

Thank you for distinction.

I still look at nomads as a limited time promo item no different than bonus items from holiday subscription specials. Just like the hissi blades promo.

Quote Originally Posted by Painolympics View Post
    How is this at all fair to players who can't spend the creds, or time on such farming or to the unlikely newcomer to AO?
    you must be new here, welcome to any mmo ever
    The vanity of others runs counter to our taste only when it runs counter to our vanity.

Common, stop whining cause you don´t have time to play when the stuff you mentioned are dropping!! I have a problem with my back and can´t Work. Therefore I can´t buy a Mercedes car which I would really want have!! So, I think they Price should be much lower so I can afford it!! Nah, World doesn´t Work like that!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fixtorious View Post
    Common, stop whining cause you don´t have time to play when the stuff you mentioned are dropping!! I have a problem with my back and can´t Work. Therefore I can´t buy a Mercedes car which I would really want have!! So, I think they Price should be much lower so I can afford it!! Nah, World doesn´t Work like that!!
    Way to utterly miss the point.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

There are 3 main things that allow or stop you from making the best twinks on the server:
    1. Knowledge and experience (impossible to buy/farm - and thats the way it should remain)
    2. Org contracts and buffing towers (not available for everybody, but most sided players with some "social skill"/credits can temp join and plant) Neutrals are at huge dissadvantage here ...
    3. Twinking nodrop items (including sesonal), yesdrops can be bought or borrowed ...

It is quite normal and expected that not everybody in AO is (or should be) able to make the best twinks on the server because then AO would become just too easy and boring ...
    For me for example (as Neutral) it is practically imposible to have top possible org contracts and plant any tower QL250+ but that does not stop me from making twinks and kicking omni and clan on BS or towerfields ...
    Seasonal items are excellent way to force you to plan bulding twinks in advance.
    In the past I have provided many of my planned twinks/characters with nomad or lya (some of them as low as level 5).
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast