Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - February 2015 (The Storm)

Funcom employee Monthly Development Update - February 2015 (The Storm)

Hello everyone - I hope you have all had a great February!

18.7 on Testlive
    Over the past month, a few iterations of 18.7 has been deployed onto Testlive; patch notes can be found here. There are a few more rounds of changes planned, but overall, I am happy with how things are taking shape. Thank you to everyone who has been visiting Testlive and providing feedback!

From what has already been done, and available to experience on Testlive, here are a few excerpts!

General Changes:

• New characters will be sent to an entirely new location for their first steps on Rubi-Ka.
    • ICC's Rubi-Ka headquarters has been redesigned to become a major city hub.
    • Pre-made implants go up to QL 125 in the ICC general store.
    • Parry has been renamed to Deflect. Deflect is a defensive stat that and not a melee special. Deflect increases the chance that incoming attacks become Glancing Hits.
    • A new stat called heal reactivity has been added. This stat controls how well a player receives healing. The higher your heal reactivity, the more you get healed by a healing nano.
    • Whompahs have been given a new look, and should be easier to locate.
    • Victory Point shops have been moved to the Unicorn Defense Hub (Battlestation signup area).
    • Fast access to Temple of Three Winds and Inner Sanctum has been moved to ICC.
    • New vendors have been created to offer higher quality level weapons, armor, and implants.
    • Grafts will no longer appear in missions, but can be purchased from a new NPC.
    • Initiative debuffs have been moved into a single nanoline.
    • Added additional modifiers to Syndicate Brain symbiants.

Profession/Breed Changes:

• Breed Genome perks have been reviewed and rebalanced.
    • Adventurer
      • Morphs are mostly all unique to the Adventurer; as a result, they have all been improved.
      • Morphs have similarly been given stronger identities, having modifiers that better represent the form.
      • Morphs have powerful nanos to further compliment the individual forms.
      • Invocation of the Phoenix now acts as a Complete Heal.

• Agent
      • Perks now execute more quickly and are easier to land.
      • The Repressor can be used to completely shrug off attackers, when not under a False Profession.
      • Escape nanos have been enhanced, and have a greater effect when not under a False Profession.
      • Ruse of Taren nanos no longer shrink the Agent, but instead provide the Cloaking Device effect.

• Bureaucrat
      • Removed some of the various "Red Tape" initiative debuffs, in-line with the overall Init Debuff consolidation.
      • Updated some former "Red Tape" buffs to affect other stats of targets.
      • Added 2 lines of single initiative debuffs.

• Doctors
      • Complete Heal nanos heal the target for 100% of their health.
      • Malpractice can be used on monsters.
      • Removed casting caps and shortened casting time on several DoTs.

• Enforcer
      • Received a Charge! nano program.
      • Added a melee "Element" buff, and made the others easier to maintain.
      • Enforcers receive more healing when under the effect of a Mongo health buff.

• Enigneer
      • Added a level 150 dog pet.
      • Lowered pet buff requirements.
      • Increased Special blocker amount/frequency for self auras, while lowering amount of blockers for Team aura.

• Fixer
      • Evade debuffs also lower the target's max NCU.
      • Added new Fixer-only meeps with shorter cooldowns.
      • Fixers can summon boxes of ammo, Cluster Bullets, and Permorpha Bullets.

• Keeper
      • Added Melee Energy support.
      • Separated Ward nanos into their own line.
      • Added a "Get over here!" player pull nano.
      • Improved several Perks' chance to land on targets.

• Martial Artist
      • Added "Zazen Stance" which raises the healing capabilities of MAs to new levels, at the cost of damage.
      • Anvil Fists will now override the damage type.
      • Certain Martial Arts attacks will land more easily.
      • Added an upgrade to the Blades of Boltar: X1-R4 Viral Force-Blades.

• Meta-Physicist
      • Damage can be shared with pets; increased stats on pets to compensate.
      • Improved Creation weapons and made the creation process less painful.
      • Full access to Blunt Mastery and Ranger perklines.
      • Added a snare proc for combat pets.

• Nano Technician
      • Improved "Garuk's Improved Viral Assault" to be easier to use and inflict more damage.
      • Triple nanos have been replaced with a delayed nuke.
      • Nanobot Guard now behaves the same regardless of breed.
      • Cyberdecks can be used as normal weapons.

• Shade
      • Added Smoke Bomb nano to break combat of hostile targets, as well as forcing the user into Sneak.
      • Created a lower-level Sneaking Health Drain nano.
      • Concealment modifiers added to Evasion buffs.
      • Damage procs siphon health from the target; DoT procs siphon a small amount of nano from the target.

• Soldier
      • Total/Augmented Mirror Shield buffs no longer remove the ability to cast nanos.
      • One More Hit Healing is now "Don't Fear the Reaper," which heals the soldier for 30% of their life.
      • Adrenaline Rush nano added, which heals the soldier for for 3% every 2 seconds.

• Trader
      • Various debuffs are faster and easier to cast in quick succession.
      • Added a TL5 mezz, "Sudden Diversion," similar "Cosmic Relaxation."
      • Added upgrade t oDiamondine Kick Pistol: the Perfected Diamondine Kick Pistol.

The above are just excerpts from what has been done so far, with many more changes to come. With the upcoming patches, further issues and feedback will be addressed, in addition to finishing the list of intended changes. Each patch does bring us closer to delivering 18.7 to Live, which I eagerly await. A very short list of some of the more "general," profession non-specific goals I ideally would like to reach before 18.7 goes live would be:

• Lost Eden perk adjustments - A number of LE perks will need to be changed to reflect how their related nanos now perform.
    • Tweaking/Removal of innate nano resistances held by bosses throughout the game, such as Initiative and Trader debuffs.
    • Improving profession starting equipment, as well as what is acquired in the new tutorial area.

As we continue moving forward throughout March, I invite you to come visit Testlive and explore what has been changed. Each update should bring changes to various professions and encounters throughout the game, and this will continue until 18.7 is ready for its Live launch.

That's All for Now
    As always, I invite you to visit Testlive, review the patch notes, read the Profession forums, go to http://tl.aoitems.com/history/, and whatever else you choose to do to see what has been going on over the past few weeks. It has been a very long set of weeks and months, but the goal is in sight and we're sprinting towards it. Thank you everyone, once again, and I hope you have a wonderful March!
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Boom, first!
    Starphoenix 220/30 Adventurer - Shesmine 220/30 Enforcer - Sgtcuddle 220/30 Soldier - Pervonen 220/27 Doctor - Startrade 218/30 Trader - Letter 200/30 Bureaucrat - Shiasurprise 199/20 Soldier - Envelope 150/17 Bureaucrat

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    Tweaking/Removal of innate nano resistances held by bosses throughout the game, such as Initiative and Trader debuffs.
    Confirmed: MPs being removed from game

This patch will have 'an interesting initial impact'.

I see you snuck in the beast drain info. Good man!

Also a revisit to the profession starting equipment! That's good news too, some profs struggle with various aspects of the NPE right now

EDIT: And if anyone is thinking of rolling a Trader because of the new PDKP, I wholly recommend you do it. those things are incredible.
    Last edited by Raggy; Feb 27th, 2015 at 22:40:35.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Thanks Michi, great works so far, although there is still much work left for a few profs
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    You realize, of course, the main "Trader debuff" Michi talks about here is Divest and Plunder, which, post 18.7, will not affect mob stats in any way, as (thanks to tests regarding Rihwen and Martial Arts skill) they don't properly call innate weaponskills when determining final Attack Rating. It was only the AAO portion of those drains that ever did anything but those are being removed from D/P.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    You realize, of course, the main "Trader debuff" Michi talks about here is Divest and Plunder, which, post 18.7, will not affect mob stats in any way, as (thanks to tests regarding Rihwen and Martial Arts skill) they don't properly call innate weaponskills when determining final Attack Rating. It was only the AAO portion of those drains that ever did anything but those are being removed from D/P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post

Both wrong! It's actually about bosses being immune to certain debuffs. E.G: Beast being immune to D/P from a Trader.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

"A new stat called heal reactivity has been added. This stat controls how well a player receives healing. The higher your heal reactivity, the more you get healed by a healing nano."

So will this mean all twinks now will be useless since most low lvl twinks have used all their IP, and now they wont be healed because there is no IP to put in on that New "awesome" stat.

Great News adding New stats, thats just Beyond silly tyvm...

PS: I hope im wrong, but thats how i read it.
    Proud member of Vox Populi since 2005

Phatz!!

Quote Originally Posted by larzba77 View Post
    "A new stat called heal reactivity has been added. This stat controls how well a player receives healing. The higher your heal reactivity, the more you get healed by a healing nano."

So will this mean all twinks now will be useless since most low lvl twinks have used all their IP, and now they wont be healed because there is no IP to put in on that New "awesome" stat.

Great News adding New stats, thats just Beyond silly tyvm...

PS: I hope im wrong, but thats how i read it.
    No. It's like "HealEfficiency", but for others healing you, instead of you healing yourself.

Both wrong! It's actually about bosses being immune to certain debuffs. E.G: Beast being immune to D/P from a Trader.
    I'm quite aware. My point was that us being able to drain Beast with D/P now won't mean diddly squat because they won't affect him in any way.
    Last edited by Saetos; Feb 27th, 2015 at 23:30:27.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

TY Saetos, i half panicked saw my 150/200 twinks getting smashed to uselessness
    Proud member of Vox Populi since 2005

Phatz!!

I'm quite aware. My point was that us being able to drain Beast with D/P now won't mean diddly squat because they won't affect him in any way.
    But the AAO/AAD component was moved to CP/IS and they now land on mobs
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Thanks for the summary/update of 18.7 Michi ...

I assume there are Fixer profession updates planned ...

The ones you mentioned above are nerfs to appease the complaints of Pvp'rs, IE lengthy cooldowns were added to Emergency Meeps ... 20 minutes for team and 15 minutes for self-meep.

It was much appreciated that these drasticly long cooldowns were not placed on the non-emergency meeps.

I did not see mention of the MP pet at level 150 ... I thought I saw mention of it on one of the TL update notes.

I am glad to see 18.7 moving along on Test Live ... I have visited a number of times to check on the changes noted in the various update notes and have given feedback and/or questions.

I assume a number of the professions have further changes or updates in the works ...

Is there any forecast of when 18.7 might be ready for Live?

Emma

Really nice job! Can you please tell me anything about the engine, is it still coming?

You're aware that MPs weren't even mentioned? And that our primary debuff got nerfed way harder than yours did, on top of being way less useful even pre-patch?

Traders used to be able to say they had it bad, but that only lasted for about 3 years, not the 14 MPs have had to deal with, so excuse me if I'm not shedding too many tears for you.

Hello everyone - I hope you have all had a great February!
    • New characters will be sent to an entirely new location for their first steps on Rubi-Ka.
    What will happen to those who are logged out on the current island?
    Will they just be moved over to the new area as if they started new?
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

What i really would like to know is, will you be modifying symbs ? And i mean for the "final" version of 18.7
    (i know you already altered syndicate brains a bit)
    It would help to know when planing ahead with deflect etc etc.
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Feb 28th, 2015 at 09:40:52.

[*] Lost Eden perk adjustments - A number of LE perks will need to be changed to reflect how their related nanos now perform.
    Do you mean perk actions we all refer to as "procs"?

P.S.: I see what you did there.

I really hope he does mean the procs

Quote Originally Posted by Scottik View Post
    Do you mean perk actions we all refer to as "procs"?

P.S.: I see what you did there.
    I believe it is the LE Procs
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Procs are a silly mechanic, they should be set and forget.
    In other words type 1&2 actions player once activates should persist zoning, respawn and re-login. Procs should remain active until other are chosen to replace them.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast