Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - February 2015 (The Storm)

"Tweaking/Removal of innate nano resistances held by bosses throughout the game, such as Initiative and Trader debuffs."

Hope this means also that MP's NSD becomes useful in instances like Beast, 12Man (blocking the beast nuke and 12man antifear destroy and morph & mind control nanos from bosses for those random 15seconds that NSD lasts) and such.

Cool monthly update Michi. Keep up the good work dude
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    Thanks Michi, great works so far, although there is still much work left for a few profs
    Yes, there are quite a few changes left. It's also important to note that the notes in this thread were an abridged version of all the past 18.7 patches, particularly the original 18.7.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    You're aware that MPs weren't even mentioned? And that our primary debuff got nerfed way harder than yours did, on top of being way less useful even pre-patch?

Traders used to be able to say they had it bad, but that only lasted for about 3 years, not the 14 MPs have had to deal with, so excuse me if I'm not shedding too many tears for you.
    MP buffs would certainly be included. In some cases, I'll need to change some specific nanos, so they actually use nano skills, but I hope this patch will end up making many MPs happy, and feeling more viable, even if their NSD has a shorter duration.

Edit: To be clear, many changes with 18.7 were done to prevent the complete ability to 'turn off' monsters and encounters, but giving additional professions the ability to offer temporary delays in the mob-inflicted punishment is desired.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendfluf View Post
    What will happen to those who are logged out on the current island?
    Will they just be moved over to the new area as if they started new?
    Similar to some people holding out in the old Arrival Hall, people logged in the current ICC shuttle port will stay there. It'll be very lonely, though.

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    What i really would like to know is, will you be modifying symbs ? And i mean for the "final" version of 18.7
    (i know you already altered syndicate brains a bit)
    It would help to know when planing ahead with deflect etc etc.
    Alpha/Beta/Ado symbiants are much easier to modify...if there are to be modifications to symbs, which I haven't ran through yet, they'd probably be there primarily.

I don't have any immediate plans to make significant/sweeping changes to symbiants, but I'll certainly consider suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottik View Post
    Do you mean perk actions we all refer to as "procs"?
    Yeah, I meant "Procs." It wouldn't be a monthy update without some dumb typos.
    Last edited by Michizure; Feb 28th, 2015 at 13:37:41.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    Alpha/Beta/Ado symbiants are much easier to modify...if there are to be modifications to symbs, which I haven't ran through yet, they'd probably be there primarily.

I don't have any immediate plans to make significant/sweeping changes to symbiants, but I'll certainly consider suggestions.
    One suggestion that comes to mind for mp's right on top of my head is that they should get as good multi.melee support on symbs as they currently have for multi.ranged as it seems like the choices of weapons will be predominant to 1hb/pistols and bow in the future and being forced to wear a full set of ai armor (almost anyhow) just to be able to get 1200 mm to swap shield with weapons is not cool imo

Thanks for taking time to actually address our question on a weekend and all
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Feb 28th, 2015 at 14:07:50.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Maxes View Post
    Procs are a silly mechanic, they should be set and forget.
    In other words type 1&2 actions player once activates should persist zoning, respawn and re-login. Procs should remain active until other are chosen to replace them.
    +1. This. Hate to activate procs always on zone, or even when hitting decon room in bs. This would be one of those cool QoL tweaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post

Only thing I would like to see, is more weapon types added to some symbs. Say support. Add a bit of RE for instance, maybe some shotgun. Doesn't have to be as much as pistols. But something to give docs and others more options. (added to alphas)

AO is about having alot of options. Well, it used to be. Bring back the fun
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

WTB Red and blue teams in BS. Thanks Michi!

Symbiants definitely deserve a second look. All those 2003 designs just don't fit anymore with how class abilities have developed over the years. For me at least, symbiant system needs to be consistent with how professions are being played, and right now it isn't at all.

Basically, if back in 2003 you were lucky to get classified as a hybrid-profession, you were given wide-open access to various symbiant types that allow a lot of fine-tuning. But after 10 years of feature-creep, we'll all hybrids, and symbiants have become extremely limiting.

Similarly, the feature creep made some symbiants quite negligible. Just as an example, Support symbs may have been amazing for casters when they first came out, but now that when every single class can have, say, set of casting oriented Infused NCUs, with no basically no downside, support symbs have lost much of their appeal.

So people revert to more and more custom implants, which is far too limiting. AO should be about options and diversity. and right now it doesn't really exist on an endgame level.

What about the APF items that were supposed to have had their nodrop tag removed (inferno boots upgrade, pen ring upgrade etc)?
    As well as removing the mysterious no SL tag from RK calms?

Do you think 18.7 will go live before the mid-year? Or we looking at autumn?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    I say this with all love and humor, but...

haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Adeptall2 View Post
    What about the APF items that were supposed to have had their nodrop tag removed (inferno boots upgrade, pen ring upgrade etc)?
    Bump, i have the exact same question

As well as removing the mysterious no SL tag from RK calms?
    Those are already changed on the current 18.7 iteration:

https://tl.aoitems.com/item/257961/

https://tl.aoitems.com/item/257964/

etc

When Michi encouraged people to visit http://tl.aoitems.com/history I'd wager he meant for you to check these things and either rejoice or go into full flame mode, whichever you please.

EDIT: If you'd like to check any specific item/nano/perk, go into the last patch and type the name on the top search bar (or part of the name) and don't press enter. Just choose the item on the drop-down menu that shows up as the search function is a bit wonky at times.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Could have sworn it still said NODROP when clicked on vicinity etc, i just logged into .22, got one from Auto and it looks fine.
    Strange, but good that it's "fixed"

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    Those are already changed on the current 18.7 iteration:

https://tl.aoitems.com/item/257961/

https://tl.aoitems.com/item/257964/

etc

When Michi encouraged people to visit http://tl.aoitems.com/history I'd wager he meant for you to check these things and either rejoice or go into full flame mode, whichever you please.

EDIT: If you'd like to check any specific item/nano/perk, go into the last patch and type the name on the top search bar (or part of the name) and don't press enter. Just choose the item on the drop-down menu that shows up as the search function is a bit wonky at times.
    Good to know. But the no-SL flag on RK calms isnt something that can be seen there i dont think? Any news on that? I was looking forward to insta-cast calms in sl on my crat.

Aaaah, now i see,

NODROPS:
    Action Probability Estimator
    Notum Amplification Coil
    Inertial Adjustment Processing Unit

YESDROPS:
    Visible Light Remodulation Device
    Energy Redistribution Unit
    Dynamic Gas Redistribution Valves

Got some things confused i guess

Good to know. But the no-SL flag on RK calms isnt something that can be seen there i dont think? Any news on that? I was looking forward to insta-cast calms in sl on my crat.
    While I don't believe you can see in an obvious way what makes some work in SL and others not (or at least I couldn't figure it out, the major difference is the amount of NCU they take up), you can see that nothing was changed on said calms on the 18.7 branches (at least as far as I checked). So.. don't think you'll be instacasting calms in SL on your crat yet.. or me on my NT.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Deflect is a horrible mistake.

This information is stored in The Secret Nerf Table(tm), and as far as I am aware, this information is not exported to the client. This means AOItems can't display it.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

New engine?

Quote Originally Posted by Legendfluf View Post
    What will happen to those who are logged out on the current island?
    Will they just be moved over to the new area as if they started new?
    i think michis answer to this is a bit flawed, will there at least be a portal or something for those toons to get to the new area? they really should just be set to respawn at the new area upon next death
    Quote Originally Posted by larzba77 View Post
    "A new stat called heal reactivity has been added. This stat controls how well a player receives healing. The higher your heal reactivity, the more you get healed by a healing nano."

So will this mean all twinks now will be useless since most low lvl twinks have used all their IP, and now they wont be healed because there is no IP to put in on that New "awesome" stat.

Great News adding New stats, thats just Beyond silly tyvm...

PS: I hope im wrong, but thats how i read it.
    i read it that way too, if that's the case it would make allot of twinks unusable and probably obsolete the need of doctor prof in teams, maybe even advy. (assuming everyone will have 0 of the new stat after patch and will need to IP it)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxes View Post
    Procs are a silly mechanic, they should be set and forget.
    In other words type 1&2 actions player once activates should persist zoning, respawn and re-login. Procs should remain active until other are chosen to replace them.
    agreed, should be like research/xp settings: check a box and it stays active until you change it.
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    Deflect is a horrible mistake.
    will we still be able to use everything that currently reqs/locks parry? (MA attacks, shielding devices) aside from those, i see this going either way. currently parry/riposte are useless to IP since they don't actually perform a function, but are required on weapons/gear. at best: if it works like an evade/AAD stat with equips/buffs for it, it might get abused. at worst: it will be even more useless than it already is (currently i think parry and riposte should be removed as a requirement for any equipment as they are a pure progression handicap)
    Last edited by rayje-defunct; Mar 1st, 2015 at 08:04:23.
    ""Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" --- Confucius""

too many alts to list, inquire for info. specialties: froobs, fixer, MA, advy, trader/NT

To the people worried about Healing Reactivity, I believe it works like this:

Everyone has 100% Reactivity as standard, meaning a 1000 point heal will give you 1000 HP.

The more points you put into Heal Reactivity, the more healing you get.

120% Reactivity; 1200HP
    140% Reactivity; 1400HP

So on and so forth.

And from what I have seen so far on test, it is NOT an IP'd skill, I think it is a naturally occurring stat on gear.
    Last edited by Raggy; Mar 1st, 2015 at 08:29:28.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast