Thread: Lowbie NTs/Shades/Agents?

Question Lowbie NTs/Shades/Agents?

Anyone have a chance to play around with some lowbie characters of these classes 1-100? Do the changes make for a noticeably better experience?

I'm guessing that the changes opens up some interesting paths for Agents. But there won't be a huge difference for NT's and Shades. All due to how the professions are designed.

Casters loses out on damage when compared to a weapon user, due to cast time and nano limits. This means that their whole toolset will be about outlasting their opponent, which is hard when one hit from a weapon will tear you a new one. For open situations and mass PvP situations I'm sure it will be very different.

Shades does not have the initiate twink ability for lower levels. Due to the level lock on spirits and not being able to access implants. Even with a Nippy the difference from before is slim.
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Now that you mention it I might have to go through this just for fun. However, I don't even have to play agent to know that the experience will be vastly improved. On live you pretty much have one path: FP trader to twink some weapons, then FP MP to get some pets, then autoattack stuff because you can't really cast nanos under FP. With the init debuffs gone and the nano debuffs percentage-based, there are suddenly a ton of options available! Healing, TMS, Mongo Slam, Nanotech nukes, charms, you should be able to properly mimic a bunch of different professions as you level.

I just hope they keep expanding the FP toolset so agents have a reason to mimic the more crippled professions (like engineer) and can actually mimic things to a usable extent in TL7.

Until Shades have more linear weapon options they're going to be in a rough state, the nippy change just won't help 99% of the people who have a pre-100 shade.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Well, NTs are kings of lowbie content. Put VE on and you can kill whatever fast.

Agents might improve a bit.

Shades, no change?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

The cyberdeck's autoattack is a really nice upcoming change. Shades, well not so much. Sure having spirits be obtainable with a nano rather than consumable item is nice but that doesn't get around the level locks so you can't twink them. Illegal OFAB Viper is ok for a while but that's not new.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union