Thread: tower wars

tower wars

i would change a bit the tower wars.
    here is my stupid idea.
    I would change it to challenge mod, org to org challenge. IF an org wants a tower site must challenge opposite side or why not same side by targeting a CT and challenge to fight.
    After xx hours both orgs met and they fight. I would suggest best in 5-7-9-xx rounds or maybe 10-20-40 players instances with various scopes, like capture the flag or last man standing, etc. and who wins most will get the right to own a land.
    advantages will be multiple
    -more powerful orgs = more lands = more stats from towers
    -no more unbalanced sides in numbers
    -orgs will have a purpose this way, not just only for chat or to own a city.

also you can make it more interesting by offering access to something extra if you owe a land, like an instance with better xp, or maybe items to help you in batle or w/e.

well you got the point, if you find this idea stupid then blame it, if you want to complete it then be my guest.

I'm not really into towers or pvp so my views on them are mainly an outsiders point of view but this idea would stop griefing in its tracks by removing the platform it exists on. It does this in one fail swoop without hindering or nerfing anything. Well apart from a griefers ability grief. It would allow attackers to organise their attack at a specific time allowing them to organise and formulate the attack, it would also give a heads up to the defenders and allow them to arrange for defenders to be online and would more than likely end up in pvp due to the effort required as opposed to allowing a. Player to just fly through a zone griefing everything its its path that's open as they fly.

Good idea.
    Last edited by gresh; Mar 4th, 2015 at 11:14:40.

just get rid of tower wars altogether.

Make a few more, interesting battlestationy type venues and figure out some way to get the numbers roughly even and populated (see my many posts on bolster buffs) and then PVP will be interesting, fun and easy to join up... The whole 1 hour pre-requisite "lets see if all these dudes we don't usually talk to want to PVP for the next 13 hours" discussion, petition, what bot should we use, who can log a fixer for Fgrids, are the other side's multiboxers online, garbage ruined PVP, it was bad, it was always bad.

But for a mature populace, people don't want to spend 4-6 hours just trying to take/defend 1 field. it's ridiculous. People want to log in, sign up to PVP, and join and do some ass kicking and get some ass kicked, send some hate tells/farm some hate tells and leave after an hour and feeling like they had some fun.

But the 1 hour of gathering/organising, 3 hours of boring DPSing on towers and 2 hour of standing around waiting for something to happen in current tower wars, paired with the 5-10 minutes of PVP every 30-60 minutes is like mind numbingly stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    gg storyline
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Make a few more, interesting battlestationy type venues and figure out some way to get the numbers roughly even and populated (see my many posts on bolster buffs) and then PVP will be interesting, fun and easy to join up... The whole 1 hour pre-requisite "lets see if all these dudes we don't usually talk to want to PVP for the next 13 hours" discussion, petition, what bot should we use, who can log a fixer for Fgrids, are the other side's multiboxers online, garbage ruined PVP, it was bad, it was always bad.

But for a mature populace, people don't want to spend 4-6 hours just trying to take/defend 1 field. it's ridiculous. People want to log in, sign up to PVP, and join and do some ass kicking and get some ass kicked, send some hate tells/farm some hate tells and leave after an hour and feeling like they had some fun.

But the 1 hour of gathering/organising, 3 hours of boring DPSing on towers and 2 hour of standing around waiting for something to happen in current tower wars, paired with the 5-10 minutes of PVP every 30-60 minutes is like mind numbingly stupid.
    well have to agree with your point of view but towers are not only about pvp, towers have some role in this game and since they already exists and offers something a change has more logic. to remove towers means to eliminate a full expansion from the game witch imo is not ok.

To get rid of tower wars means getting rid of tower benefits which means FC having a supercomputer to run through various twink building models to see which chars they should automatically strip because it's no longer possible to make such a build because of the lack of benefits. If you want to actually be fair about things.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    To get rid of tower wars means getting rid of tower benefits which means FC having a supercomputer to run through various twink building models to see which chars they should automatically strip because it's no longer possible to make such a build because of the lack of benefits. If you want to actually be fair about things.
    There's an easy fix to that, make pvp content endgame only.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkerThanBlack View Post
    There's an easy fix to that, make pvp content endgame only.
    Easy certainly doesn't mean "good". Billions if not trillions of credits of effort were put into all the level 15-200 toons made specifically to PVP with others, and to just say "lolnope" to all of that is ludicrous. And besides, upon introduction to the game what kind of impression would you have if you couldn't PVP until 220?
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Easy certainly doesn't mean "good". Billions if not trillions of credits of effort were put into all the level 15-200 toons made specifically to PVP with others, and to just say "lolnope" to all of that is ludicrous. And besides, upon introduction to the game what kind of impression would you have if you couldn't PVP until 220?
    But it is good. Yes I'm sure those just introduced to the game have a great impression of it's pvp after getting instakilled, rooted for an eternity, or being lol'd at as they can't even dent their opponent's hp, facing characters they can't even hope to equal in the next few years of playing. As for putting credits effort into characters that's irrelevant since 18.7 will force a lot of twinks to rethink their setup anyway.

I don't know about you but I'd rather have one populated pvp level range than a dozen barely populated ones with scarce NW and battlestations that only run when someone sends a global dnet/neutnet message. I know, CRAZY right?

Amazing idea OP.

the whole "must-be-aware-of-your-virtual-game-property-24/7" is realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly old. . . and showing it's age.

It's the economy lol. Who has time to run their life according to the stupid NW tower shedule.

STRAIGHT CHALLENGE STYLE.
    It's awesome. you throw the gauntlet and they have 3 days or something to organize, the timeslot has to be agreed to by leaders of both groups. everyone twinks as hard as they can & prepares, then. EPIC WAR.

What's not to like?
    "'Techs are your friend! Everyone uses Nano!" - Zaenix
    "Wushu Ninjagirl, smackin mobs like beef slappin on wet pavement" - Rosmarin
    "Never trust a hive-mind" - Sittinpretty (ex-OT mind control subject)