Thread: WTB this feature to be added to GMI...

WTB this feature to be added to GMI...

I wish we could search the item selling by particular player aka seller.

Quote Originally Posted by Transform View Post
    I wish we could search the item selling by particular player aka seller.
    Why?

Couldn't that be abused by credit farmers and other exploits?

For instance, I want to sell you credits but not show it as a handover, or I want to hide credits and make it look legit.

I put a crappy item up on the market for 10,000 times it's actual value and then the money man buys the item from me effecting a money transfer.

I don't see a good reason to allow this or any advantage adding it would give to the game.
    Lords of Silence : AO Division Leader

www.clanlos.net

Yeah I defo don't want this in game. Some people offer things cheap to throw someone who's struggling a bone. This function would allow a person to hunt down all other items someone is selling if they find someone selling cheap allowing easy credit farming by buying low and relisting to sell high. What gmi needs is a block button that stops designated people from buying your wares once you've found someone who buys your cheap items only to relist it for much more. If the people selling items cheaply would like someone to make a profit... I could guess that the person making profit would be themselves.
    Last edited by gresh; Mar 5th, 2015 at 18:35:12.

Ban anyone who puts in the highest buyer price by 1 credit. No, just shoot them in the face.

AlmightyZeus and Gresh,
    You've hit the nail but I look at this another way round. Recently I noticed someone put exact QL250/275 supple/strong/observant viralbots on GMI. **You hear me? same person with 4 to 5 of exact QL250/275 supple bots?

If we have this function added to GMI, we will know,
    - Who's the person manipulate the market and jack up the price tto sky high so we can avoid to trade with them.
    - Who's one that selling illegal source items such as duplicated items.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyZeus View Post
    Why?

Couldn't that be abused by credit farmers and other exploits?

For instance, I want to sell you credits but not show it as a handover, or I want to hide credits and make it look legit.

I put a crappy item up on the market for 10,000 times it's actual value and then the money man buys the item from me effecting a money transfer.

I don't see a good reason to allow this or any advantage adding it would give to the game.
    In fact, I welcome someone is stupid enough to do it this way so they leave the trade log(evidence) to FC. make investigation smoother.

Yeah I hadnt even thought of that. Surely patterns could of been found in gmi logs by now if they were selling through gmi. Not sure items sold through the shoppingbots would be traceable? I have no idea but I dont think its much of a priority with funcom. Hopefully the new engine will offer some new tools and tricks for funcom to help out with such things.

Pretty sure those ql bots are just from collector
    Devil Inside

Spead 220/30 Fixer Fpea 170/24 Agent
    Default1025 144/18 Trader Imaganker 75/8 Agent
    Franklucas 30/3 Trader Battleprod 13/0 Trader
    And exactly 137 other alts that you dont need to know