Thread: Update Account Registration

Update Account Registration

Since starting this game, whenever creating a new account for more characters, I have had a bad habit of registering with a random email address simply to speed things up; there aren't any checks or verifications after registration, it's simply log in and play. While I'm not as impatient as I was 10 years ago (or so I thought), I often found myself doing this to quickly get back into the game I enjoyed.

We'll there's the problem, a few months back I started a free account to get back into Anarchy Online. My "important" account was frozen, so I excitedly started fresh. Anyway, forward a few months after not playing, I have found myself unable to access this account - Why? Because I had rushed through the registration, forgot the password, and have no clue what I entered as my email address.

I simply suggest an email verification for all future account registrations. This way you actually have to register and verify an email, without entering something like [asdfldkjf@gmail...] and forgetting your password a few months after a break, unable to recover it because you entered a random email address.

Also, merge the main page with the forums, I have never seen such a bland and barren ghost town (while not in-game), it's terrible - especially if you're a new player that heads there looking for information. The forums would be a much better home page.

Next time enter valid mail or remember password. It's not anyone's fault but yours.
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

I'm not against an E-Mail verification, but I gotta agree with Difs here. This particular problem is literally just yours. Besides, that when registering goes that quick anyways, you might as well enter your real E-Mail address. No actual need for a random one to speed things up.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

I'm aware it's completely my fault, and have since learned my lesson. When registering, I wasn't expecting to be pulled back into AO (of all games) enough to make me want to continue playing after a months absence on a froob. I'm not upset at Funcom at all. Like I said, I'm aware it's my fault.

Yes Baby, you may as well enter your real details, but what if you made the slightest typing error when registering, and then you come back after a break with a forgotten password? You use the "forgot password?" feature, and you don't get any reset mail because you accidentally typed an extra character when registering - you're screwed because of a tiny spelling error.

Either way, a verification request does no harm, and shouldn't be hard at all to add - even with Funcom's... limited staff.

I guess theoretically if your email resembles your real name, and you provide valid identification, maybe just maybe GM on live chat could help you.

Other than that... good idea yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch