Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Release Me Now", root/snare removal discussion

Quote Originally Posted by DarkerThanBlack View Post
    That's only because you don't notice all the times you've countered or resisted them.
    I do notice the times i've countered them, that's the issue, spammability of roots/snares. I'd rather they remove root/snare resist all together and make them easier to land, with shorter duration and a personal lockout from root/snare on the character/pets it landed on.
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

Quote Originally Posted by Burgly View Post
    I do notice the times i've countered them, that's the issue, spammability of roots/snares. I'd rather they remove root/snare resist all together and make them easier to land, with shorter duration and a personal lockout from root/snare on the character/pets it landed on.
    I'd be happy with WoW-esque diminishing returns, no more fear or root spamming. It'd also lessen the effects of chain stuns too.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Enforcer has because trader can take nanoskills to cast rage or nt can restrain their rage. But a 4 minute cooldown is stupid. On my shade i get rooted can release and gwt rooted right after. Pointless nank in its current state as roots can damn near be spammed still.

It's not useless, it's an instant total removal and short immunity to roots that you didn't have before. Buy free movements, perk Spatial Displacement, use Might of the Revenent, buy breed change soli, etc.

Enforcers can use any rage to totally remove roots, once past TL4 or so can use the lowest rage even under debuff (which also removes all trader drains, btw). I'm pretty sure it also removes NT roots now.

The fact that shade doesn't have any built in defense for roots is your job to overcome. Because shade is exactly the sort of target roots were meant for - a melee opponent who will stun and perk you to death given the opportunity to get close.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Enfs dont deserve this nano as their NR is high enough that landing CC on them is difficult anyway+the amount of dmg they can absorb will break it in due course anyway.

Soldiers get this nano because their HHAB ability before 18.7 was THE origonal release me now buff, except it lasted longer. also they have relatively low NR so roots land almost 100% on them. soldiers deserve to keep this ability as its too easy to just root and hide out of LoS during ams.

Also NT roots hardly ever break this nano is needed to even give melee profs a slight chance to get in range before they are roflstomped by HP cap after HP cap every 3 seconds on the same AC by said NT. (edit garuks changed to energy AC for balance anyone?)
    Last edited by Opentrade; Jun 3rd, 2015 at 14:20:42.

4min cooldown wtf? So much for the usefulness of this nano. Just get rooted again after the immunity. 30s cooldown please for this nano.

As someone who perked SD4 on keeper long before rebalance:

It was enough to deter people from bothering to try rooting you, however I lost 1 perk in reaver 2 in blessing and 1 in HM which were all heavy losses as we all know the last few perks in the line grant the most bonuses.

Ended up being able to kill the squishies that depended on CC to kill you like NTs, traders, mps etc.

However these days after rebalance, there is no such thing a keeper can realistically kill anymore so anti-root is moot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12