Thread: AI city additions and ideas. Most old and some new.

AI city additions and ideas. Most old and some new.

Org bank building..
    A building where org members can share items. There should be private terminals that work just like the old ones did. But also common ones where anyone can add items. These common ones could send any cash towards org bank. The terminals should be vastly expanded to allow for thousands of items and there should be logs, so that anyone can see who withdrew/bought which item.

This would allow us to share org items such as imps or twink stuff. Or just stuff in general. An incentive to be in an active org. Use the old org shop building. No more "illegal" shared mules needed. Less drama because you always know who took what and if they returned it.

Twink room..
    A small building that has a clinic and a buff station that is able to give you all the "normal" buffs at a single click. The buffs expire as soon as you leave the building. This is simply a matter of convenience. Getting the correct buffs and seeing them run out as you pull your hair twinking is just an overall not so very funny experience.

This would be a new, small ish building. Perhaps you'd need to charge the buff station with CRU.

Portable OS Controller..
    This allows you to "fire" OS and Fire Strike remotely. So you won't need to dual log and lag out just to do this. OS would become more of a precision tool that can actually be used to at least slow down zergs.

This would be a tiny building.

Grid exit managementbuilding..
    This allows org members to go out into different zones and plant grid exits anywhere on RK. They show up along with the regular city grid terminal and tower field exits and they are time limited. This would be very convenient when doing certain quests or for tower wars.

This would be a small or medium building. Small supporting max two exit and medium max four exits. The exit beacons would be bought for VP or for regular cash and are one way. You can exit, but not visible so you can't enter the grid through them.

The city plots these days are huge, so let us full them with usefull stuff like this. It would drain creds from the system as well.
    Last edited by Phatkeep; Mar 15th, 2015 at 11:42:20.

The twink room sounds really nice. Saves you a lot of time and is very convenient.
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

ya I like the twink room idea a lot.

makes sense all of these.

No flames at all? Game must be well and truly dead now!

Don't worry i'm sure some1 will flame you soon, but bump for a good suggestion meanwhile
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Phatkeep View Post
    No flames at all? Game must be well and truly dead now!
    Omg this will totally unbalance the whole game! You're obviously terrible and should fite me 1v1!

Seriously though I love these suggestions, especially the twinking room and expanded city grid. They also all offer nice options for credit sinks, people could pay a small but not insignificant taxed (i.e. some of it disappears for good) fee to the org for buffs and for grid warping, and the org could pay upkeep on any grid exits they hold active.

I'm not usually one to push PvP into other mechanics, but the grid exits, if freely placeable, could also be brought into tower wars. People could have the ability to disable or destroy them, which would add incentive for additional small skirmishes before a big tower war fight and more clever tactics than "get those guys"

it is healthy to brief ideas and suggestions in atttempt to make ao a enjoyable game to play for everyone, but at the same time i feel sorry to see people have high expectations when it comes to funcom and anarchy online so i going to recap a story that happened ingame long long ago in a kingdom far far away.

when funcom introduced notum wars there was many players who was unhappy due to unbalancing due to players brought outside buffs and high level characters to the battlefield. one of the player who was unhappy about this matter was our previous game director sir Silirion aka Craig Morrison. you can still find his thread about this today were he expressed his love to notum war and concernings on how lame it is to bring osb like fixer hots on lowbies or high level toon to kill lowbies at notum wars which im totally agree.

so, some times later that summer this gamer Silirrion somehow became game director for ao and for most people it was natural to think Sili would do something about this lame issue he was unhappy and used to complain about ... or what?

long story short, let us get to reality and try to understand current situation at funcom.they have admitted that the current engine is so old that many of the employers wasnt borned when ao was created, or dont know how to use this old engine. funcom have tried to re recruit veterans programers and coders back in attempt to understand how this old engine really works but failed.
    and here we are wishing this and that to be integrated in ao, you guys must believes in santa claus hahahaha

sorry about my poor english, but thanks for reading.
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

Awesome Idea. Love it!

They did mention that they had ideas for teh old city plots too... What is happening with these... did they ever dish the dirt?

Unidentified LOL yeah you speak some truths but dont forget the newer engine is newer code so hopefully when its released ... it will of been documented properly and the current team will understand it a bit better.

UNIDENTIDFIED. A twinkroom that gives out buffs is already in-game code, think of the clinic, auto in testlive and several other buff npc's etc. I'm pretty certain that it wouldn't be much of a challenge for the devs to implement this. It's just a matter of morale and making the game easier than might be the tougher call.
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier