Thread: Windows 10

Windows 10

Anyone tried AO with windows 10 yet?

Tech preview seems to run everything smoothly on my office computer. But the office computer could not run AO in W8.1 either, so cant really use it to test. That damn internal intel card ****s it up for me :P
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

WTB Red and blue teams in BS. Thanks Michi!

Got a link to the tech build? I'll throw it on dual boot and see how it runs.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Sign up as an insider, and you'll get the download link to either an iso or upgrade install

https://insider.windows.com/
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

Quote Originally Posted by Iaitoo View Post
    Sign up as an insider, and you'll get the download link to either an iso or upgrade install

https://insider.windows.com/
    Got it, it's on download now, I'll set it up and see how AO runs, watch this space

Will be running on:

i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz
    GTX970
    8GB DDR3 1333MHz

So FPS won't be much a decent indicator of run speed, but I'll see if there is any choppiness with loading/running around since from what I can remember, AO calls assets from the HDD, not memory.
    Last edited by Raggy; Mar 28th, 2015 at 13:21:26.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Got it, it's on download now, I'll set it up and see how AO runs, watch this space

Will be running on:

i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz
    GTX970
    8GB DDR3 1333MHz

So FPS won't be much a decent indicator of run speed, but I'll see if there is any choppiness with loading/running around since from what I can remember, AO calls assets from the HDD, not memory.
    Not hoping for better FPS anyways. Just want to run W10. Really loving the interface. But as I know AO isnt happy with newer OS's, its nice to have it tested first.

Thanks alot for testing

Ok, so.

Got Win10 Tech Preview installed and running. The UI is ok, the OS is pretty choppy for me atm, but I chalk that up to lack of drivers.

AO itself loads fine, it runs atrociously for me atm though since it's going off my Intel onboard graphics. Oddly enough though, there was none of the graphical artefacts that other Intel users have reported, so that may be an interesting point.

Beyond the low FPS though, the game loads and works as expected.
    Last edited by Raggy; Mar 28th, 2015 at 17:41:56.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Ok, so.

Got Win10 Tech Preview installed and running. The UI is ok, the OS is pretty choppy for me atm, but I chalk that up to lack of drivers.

AO itself loads fine, it runs atrociously for me atm though since it's going off my Intel onboard graphics. Oddly enough though, there was none of the graphical artefacts that other Intel users have reported, so that may be an interesting point.

Beyond the low FPS though, the game loads and works as expected.
    Sweet, thanks for testing. W10 uses the same drivers as w8.1. I use it on my office computer and Ive had no software issues. Lots of stuff is actually smoother. Its a crappy laptop and could not stream netflix in HD. Would loose lipsync. That issue is gone in W10.

Sounds like I can safely upgrade my gamingrig as well! Thanks alot Raggy

Quote Originally Posted by Iaitoo View Post
    Sweet, thanks for testing. W10 uses the same drivers as w8.1. I use it on my office computer and Ive had no software issues. Lots of stuff is actually smoother. Its a crappy laptop and could not stream netflix in HD. Would loose lipsync. That issue is gone in W10.

Sounds like I can safely upgrade my gamingrig as well! Thanks alot Raggy
    If it runs on the 8.1 drivers, I'll grab them in a bit and take it for another spin. I'm curious to test some of my more demanding games on 10 to see if it handles them better than 7.

Specifically Planetside 2. That thing is a downright CPU hogging monster.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Done a test with drivers yet? interested in your planetside 2 results as well

AO is working fine on my laptop running win10 too.
    Using nvidia drivers for win8.1.
    John 'Novagen' Wright
    Currently on leave from Omni-Pol
    Omni-Tek Representative
    Chair of the Omni Organisational Committee

The Leet - Chat client for Android
    People of Rubi-Ka Revamped

Grid mail: novagen@omni-pol.net

Is dx12 included in the tech preview?

Yeah it is but I dont think any drivers support it yet.
    John 'Novagen' Wright
    Currently on leave from Omni-Pol
    Omni-Tek Representative
    Chair of the Omni Organisational Committee

The Leet - Chat client for Android
    People of Rubi-Ka Revamped

Grid mail: novagen@omni-pol.net