Thread: Add animations to Perk Actions

Add animations to Perk Actions

The current animation is... pressing a button...

That´s just lazy.

If i have a skill called Slice and Dice... i want to slice and dice ****... not press a button.

I don´t plat the game anymore, i really don´t care to be honest, i was just taking a crap and thought about this for no reason.

Move along, nothing to see here.
    First NT to proper pocket Ely hecks - Raesun

I don't understand why there's "nothing to see here". Sure most of us are probably used to it by this point, but it's a very real problem.

I can still remember when I was first getting the expansions, I saw a great big 220 enforcer and I was super impressed, and he ran up to some monster I thought was super tough and killed it by... wiggling his right hand at it. It's just ridiculous and boring. It's made especially, painfully obvious when you see the NPCs do lots of cool things, like the guards on newbie island who constantly do spin-kicks to attack nearby monsters. I can only think of one perk that uses that animation, there certainly aren't more than a handful.

I don't know if AO has an actual animation artist working on it however, which kind of puts a damper on the hopes of this happening. Does anyone know what kind of format AO stores its models and animations in? I'm not very good at animating, but I'd still be willing to take a crack at making something if we know how to extract and recompile the files.

Pressing a button is so meta you'd be crazy not to love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigister View Post
    The current animation is... pressing a button...

That´s just lazy.

If i have a skill called Slice and Dice... i want to slice and dice ****... not press a button.

I don´t plat the game anymore, i really don´t care to be honest, i was just taking a crap and thought about this for no reason.

Unfortunately, Shadowlands was released waaaaay before it was finished and then barely worked on since. I suspect this is something we will deal with for the rest of this game's life.

Why not just harness existing character model animations for perk actions? There's a couple that do have them, after all. Just take a 2-3 second section of an animation, attach it to a few perks. Rinse-repeat for more bits of animations on more perks. It's not like FC would have to go and mo-cap a bunch of stuff for it...

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Dude, these coders can't even figure out how to make toons smaller anymore )))))
    But don't worry, new engine is coming in 4-5 years, then they will have time to lie about animations too )))
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me