Thread: Drone Communication Unit

Drone Communication Unit

The Alien Invasion expansion item named "Drone Communication Unit".

what is the point of this item? im sure im certainly missing something but there is the communications relay which is much better stat for stat at any ql like for like and they both fit the same slot. I'll admit it doesn't seem as rare as the relay but it is still quite rare. I can imagine at low lvl some might prefer the ts requirement over the relay's intelligence but other than that it just looks like a bogus item like inactive viralbots. Even at ql300 it only buffs 5 to each skill.

My suggestion is to make it something of use, make it valuable, make it into loot we are glad to recieve, whats the point in rare loot being crap.

- Lose the expansion tag and open it to froobs
    or
    - Make it utils 2 or 1
    or
    - create a couple more items in the database, one to ts it with and another to end up as a result which is better than it currently is.
    or even simpler
    - just change it directly to make it better than it currently is.

Now I dont pvp and im not the sharpest tool in teh shed so there might be reasons im not aware of that keeps it as poo as it is so...

Open to discussion...

Quote Originally Posted by gresh View Post
    The Alien Invasion expansion item named "Drone Communication Unit".

what is the point of this item? im sure im certainly missing something but there is the communications relay which is much better stat for stat at any ql like for like and they both fit the same slot. I'll admit it doesn't seem as rare as the relay but it is still quite rare. I can imagine at low lvl some might prefer the ts requirement over the relay's intelligence but other than that it just looks like a bogus item like inactive viralbots. Even at ql300 it only buffs 5 to each skill.

My suggestion is to make it something of use, make it valuable, make it into loot we are glad to recieve, whats the point in rare loot being crap.

- Lose the expansion tag and open it to froobs
    or
    - Make it utils 2 or 1
    or
    - create a couple more items in the database, one to ts it with and another to end up as a result which is better than it currently is.
    or even simpler
    - just change it directly to make it better than it currently is.

Now I dont pvp and im not the sharpest tool in teh shed so there might be reasons im not aware of that keeps it as poo as it is so...

Open to discussion...
    It has no AITECH requirement making it good for very low level twinks.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

I'd say make it add tradeskills.

make it the 4th mp pet
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

Ah fair enough, didn't think about the ai tech. I probably, deep down, knew it would be for lowbie twinks. I guess I retract the suggestion. I say we go with cdoggs suggestion and let mps use it as a pet.

Thanks for the input guys.

Scrap the whole nanoskills thing and make it add ((drone-unit-ql/500)*pet-ql) aao on your attack pet(s) when equipped.

i wouldn't mind losing its "no drop" tag and making it "left clicky" to change to different spot to equip...not terrible rare that someone can't make a toon to camp for.
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"