Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - March 2015 (Winds of Change~)

Funcom employee Monthly Development Update - March 2015 (Winds of Change~)

Hello everyone, I hope you've had a great March! It has been a long month, but I feel the fruits of our labor are worth it. Without further ado, here we go!

18.7 Changes
    The next, and probably largest, of the most recent 18.7 patches will be coming very soon; I am currently writing this letter while reviewing the last group of professions, in what I hope to be one of the final review phases before 18.7 is deployed to Live. Here are some of the larger features of this update:

Lost Eden Proc Changes
    The largest set of changes coming with this patch will be changes to Lost Eden procs, as many of them have been adjusted, changed Types, or redone entirely. These changes were mostly made to bring certain procs in line with changes made to their nano counterparts, while also trying to add some alternatives to the most commonly-used options. While some of these changes may be jarring, I do urge everyone to test them out before forming angry mobs!

Battlestation Changes
    While investigating an issue with Battlestation queues, we decided to change the team format of this PvP arena from being Clans vs. Omni-Tek to Red vs. Blue. With these changes in place, Battlestation rounds should be able to run more reliably and consistently. At the very least, it will be a fun social experiment.

Profession Changes
    This round of changes will serve to revisit previous changes, while also introducing adjustments I had previously planned to make, but could not find time for. Thank you once again to everyone who took the time to provide feedback on how the various professions are looking, and extra points to those who took the extra time of compiling this feedback into a handy list! A very brief set of the changes from this upcoming round include:
    • Adventurers will be able to buff teammates via form-specific auras
    • Nano Crystal (Pistol Mastery) can be uploaded and used by Bureaucrats, Doctors, Engineers, and Meta-Physicists
    • Keepers will be able to raise Melee Energy, and some supporting skills, with greater ease
    • Gageteer perks will actually work. Demolitions perks will also see some improvements, in terms of range and execution time.
    • The Rihwen's creepy hotdog fingers will hit for more damage, and inflict poison damage
    • Izgimmer has proven to be very gifted at buffing Matter Creation
    • Offensive/Defensive Focus will last for 2 minutes

The full list of changes will be posted up once this patch has been prepared for Testlive.

18.7 is Coming very Soon, getting closer each day. It has been a very long journey with some unexpected twists and turns, but overall, I am very happy and proud of the end result. I once again greatly look forward to being able to share this patch with all of you.

Until next time, have a great April, everyone!
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    first?
    Yes.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

While I understand that some folks will be disappointed at the red vs blue BS change due to story reasons, thank you for making it easier to actually pvp and grind dailies.

oh and

Last edited by Sama; Mar 31st, 2015 at 14:38:34.

1st page omg
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

Fantastic - all of this. I can't wait until 18.7 hits live .

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    Battlestation Changes
    While investigating an issue with Battlestation queues, we decided to change the team format of this PvP arena from being Clans vs. Omni-Tek to Red vs. Blue. With these changes in place, Battlestation rounds should be able to run more reliably and consistently. At the very least, it will be a fun social experiment.
    I like this.. as long as it queues semi even/rainbow parties. In general this is a much better idea.

Looking good!

Any progress being made on the awful state of Trader defence in PvP before 18.7 actually lands?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

• Gageteer perks will actually work. Demolitions perks will also see some improvements, in terms of range and execution time.
    • The Rihwen's creepy hotdog fingers will hit for more damage, and inflict poison damage
    • Izgimmer has proven to be very gifted at buffing Matter Creation
    • Offensive/Defensive Focus will last for 2 minutes
    Brb, need new pants!

Also: Can't wait to see those changes on TL
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

You should have posted this tomorrow, then waited a week and told everyone it was a joke

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Will there be any comment on the engine progress this month?

OMG...

is it april first? Ah no it aint March 31. ...

Michi listens to community.. unnerfs MP pet, fixes NT, improves engi perks...

Naturaly talk at OT-RP goes like this..

A: Yeep, gonna roll mp.
    B: BS should run now, awesome change.
    C: Michi Foreva!
    D: Any one free for arachnis ?

Personaly I am C type.. another awesome change. Only downer is... well still cannot play 18.7 on live servers. I dont see why can we not just launch it to live and test it there... and just update live server more often.

Imagine the hype if every 2-3 weeks we'd have update like this on live!
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

• Adventurers will be able to buff teammates via form-specific auras
    • Nano Crystal (Pistol Mastery) can be uploaded and used by Bureaucrats, Doctors, Engineers, and Meta-Physicists
    1.Does this mean Advys can buff others with their new morphs or are they keeping old morphs(Playful Cub other)/ getting new morphs for this arua?

2.Will Gunslinger buffs get boosted a bit or will Skilled Gunslinger be changed to something else?

3.Always thought of it like ET if it got into nuclear stuff

good changes so far.

Wait! WAT!!
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    Wait! WAT!!
    Even MP professional is suprised...
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Is the next patch gonna include fix to "bugged" BS rounds as well? I think simple removing afk and offline ppl from queue would fix the issue. Otherwise I'm looking forward to discovering all changes on live.

New AO models confirmed.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast