Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - March 2015 (Winds of Change~)

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    Would be nice to know if we get another full ipr, and if so if it will stack if you already happen to have one on your toon.
    I believe we are getting another IPR. As to wether it'll stack, I have my doubts.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    Before the end of the month is what we're aiming for.
    Don't forget to change the MBS on the Improved Hacked Medi-Blade to 2750 before you take it live

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Why is MBS even a thing
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Going through the patch notes i see a lot of changes that will affect twink toons.
    For instance MA AC buffs requiring less/different nano skills, the whole heal reactivity thing, etc.

With this in mind it would be very appreciated if we get a few reset points wich don't require us to take off all our equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jintra View Post
    Going through the patch notes i see a lot of changes that will affect twink toons.
    For instance MA AC buffs requiring less/different nano skills, the whole heal reactivity thing, etc.

With this in mind it would be very appreciated if we get a few reset points wich don't require us to take off all our equipment.
    I remember reading somewhere that this isn't actually mechanically possible due to how the game perceives IP.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

And 18.7 hits live on the 21st of this month

Mitchi...

I have no words, the man delivers.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    And 18.7 hits live on the 21st of this month

Mitchi...

I have no words, the man delivers.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Um, is FC going to do a big mailout with 18.7 to everyone with an AO account to let them know that the core fundamentals of their characters are likely to be altered, and not to have a total panic when they log in and all their stuff is different?

Because seriously, some of these changes will completely change the professions and if someone doesn't read the forums and logs in to find their main doesn't work properly I can only imagine the reaction.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Louderer789 View Post
    Why is MBS even a thing
    In short it is what we now know as a Classic Funcom Fix for an issue.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Ide for full ipr, make a free item for itemshop called IPR claimable until end of May.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    Ide for full ipr, make a free item for itemshop called IPR claimable until end of May.
    Good idea, although don't set a limit to claim, as i'de like ppl getting back into game also having the opportunity to use it even if they come back in august as an example
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Jintra View Post
    Whether or not this is mechanically possible, it's a really bad idea. People will spend their IP in tradeskills, dimach, rifle, whatever they need for gear and put on ridiculous gear, then IP reset into an "optimal" IP distribution. Anyone who doesn't do this and anyone who comes after will never be able to reach that point until another patch comes which completely upsets the balance. It will essentially be FC-sanctioned gear exploits.

On the other hand I totally support another full IP reset, hell why not make it two more just for kicks It only makes sense to give us at least one, for current and returning players alike.

A claimable market item sounds like a perfect implementation, though I agree with nanoforcer, just leave it as a standing one-per-character offer. That is assuming they can't just give everyone a second full IPR directly.

Are there any plans for Renewal Specials? Or, Promotional Items? An 18.7 Jet-pack maybe or ???

Like the ones at the holidays where we get goodies plus extra time for renewing during the promotion.

Emma

Must say that devs are going to be very busy if they are going to change before patch all buffs to 4h duration as promised.
    AO PvP: "Scissors are over powered. Rock is fine." - Paper

I am going to be VERY busy, checking all my alts for changes :-/
    President, The House of Black Star

While i'm happy to see an update here, i do wonder what's the state of the graphic overhaul?

was just wondering, in light of grid armor changes and removal of grid armor nukes, are some items (maybe at least fixer locked ones) being unlocked to be worn with grid armor any time soon?
    ""Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" --- Confucius""

too many alts to list, inquire for info. specialties: froobs, fixer, MA, advy, trader/NT

Well, well, well... looks like I'll be subbing again this month. Way to go, AO team.
    Here's to the people that love me, the losers that lost me, and the lucky sods that get the honor of meeting me.

Will the IP cost and cap of Parry/Deflect be modified now that it is no longer just a skill used for equipping a few melee weapons but a general defensive skill? Ranged and support professions suffer greatly in terms of IP cost and IP cap compared to melee professions in addition to having less symb and buff support, which may or may not be the intent.

IP Caps:
    Enforcer, Keeper, Shade: 1294 Deflect skill through IP
    Adventurer, Agent, Doctor, Fixer, Martial Artist: 1134 Deflect skill through IP
    Bureacrat, Trader, Nano-technician, Soldier: 974 Deflect skill through IP
    Engineer, Meta-Physicist: 814 Deflect skill through IP

Also in what increments does Deflect work? Is 1-299 skill completely useless and then you get 1% chance at 300 skill or what?
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Deflect / 300 => chance. It doesn't increase your chance only at the boundary.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast