Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - March 2015 (Winds of Change~)

Gore, it would indeed be very nice, but not likely to happen since one could then save a lot of ip by not raising skills like treatment etc since you might already have those alpha symbs on etc etc etc.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post

18.7 is Coming very Soon
    Coming very Soon (tm)

*falls off chair*

Well I see why this was posted a day early, to avoid April Fool speculation
    Red vs Blue! Gadgeteer fixed! Rihwen buffed! Advy auras coming back you guys!

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Battlestation Changes
    While investigating an issue with Battlestation queues, we decided to change the team format of this PvP arena from being Clans vs. Omni-Tek to Red vs. Blue. With these changes in place, Battlestation rounds should be able to run more reliably and consistently. At the very least, it will be a fun social experiment.
    Red is clearly superior. There's no contest.

• Nano Crystal (Pistol Mastery) can be uploaded and used by Bureaucrats, Doctors, Engineers, and Meta-Physicists
    Wait, so now you do want MPs using pistols? Can we get some sort of official statement for what weapon lines we'll continue to receive support for in the future? We've been bounced around 1hb/2hb/pistol/bow for too long. I mean, we don't even have a 2hb perkline besides CoHI, so is 2hb support over now that shields are going 1hb?

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    Gore, it would indeed be very nice, but not likely to happen since one could then save a lot of ip by not raising skills like treatment etc since you might already have those alpha symbs on etc etc etc.
    It can be done and I can postulate how already but it depends all on coding support.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Wait, so now you do want MPs using pistols? Can we get some sort of official statement for what weapon lines we'll continue to receive support for in the future? We've been bounced around 1hb/2hb/pistol/bow for too long. I mean, we don't even have a 2hb perkline besides CoHI, so is 2hb support over now that shields are going 1hb?
    Personal opinion: Time to let 2hb go. Switch the 2hb in the stellar nano-deck to something else (AAD, multi-melee, or multi-ranged would be good options, or both multi-melee and multi-range) and the 2hb in the ofab gloves to Multi-Melee, change Jealousy 2,5 and 9 from 2hb to something else (1hb, multi-melee, even brawl or fast attack would be cool). Change Pistol, 1hb, Bow, Multi-Melee and Multi-Ranged skills from dark blue to light blue (or even light green). Four weapon lines is just too many to be viable long term. I've been a 2hb MP for years, but 1hb was already clearly better 1-214, and now it's better 215-220. Doesn't make sense to waste equipment and LE research support on a weapon line that is simply inferior. The lower IP cost for weapons is getting a bit greedy, but things are getting a bit tight on IP now. MPs will need at minimum 2 dark blue skills (1hb and multi-melee), and most options will require more (bow, flingshot and AS, or pistol, Multi-Ranged, burst and fling, or 1hb, Multi-Melee, brawl and fast attack). Having all weapon skills dark blue is pretty rough.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Red is clearly superior. There's no contest.
    Them's fighting words.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

18.7 is Coming very Soon, getting closer each day. It has been a very long journey with some unexpected twists and turns, but overall, I am very happy and proud of the end result. I once again greatly look forward to being able to share this patch with all of you.

Until next time, have a great April, everyone!
    Remember when silirron said that class rebalance and the new engine were coming soon? Good times.

I personally can't wait for the Battlestation changes!! Going to be fun wrecking old friends and teaming with 'enemies'. Any update on the potential perk condensing for keepers? I know the system wasn't really having it at the first go. Can't wait to see the proc changes and if any profs got more useful ones!! Wonderful update.
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

For the BS changes anyone know if you'll be able to pick sides (similar to neuts now?) or will you be auto assigned to blue or red?
    Last edited by Krustyleet87; Mar 31st, 2015 at 22:32:01. Reason: clarificaion

Awesome changes. I cant wait to see the improvements on mp pet, thank you. Will touch of poison still work for the +30 poison dmg?

My engi is going to love the extra pistol skill thanks.

Sword of Dusk anyone? love the idea of sabers on my keeper.

Kinda intrigued to see what prof changes come next too. Looking forward for everything to hit live.

Is it possible to dupe current chars to test to try these changes out?

Please PLEASE have full patch notes posted for all things that hit Live, not all of us keep up with the chaos that are test note tinkering/changes/revisions/diddling.

Having a nice full comprehensive list of what is actually patched to live be super duper great.

Thanks^

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    Easy question to Michi, full ip reset, will we get one when 18.7 hits live? Also if we already have one on a toon will it accumulate to 2?
    They've never accumulated in the past, sadly, but I wouldn't mind gaining an additional fIPR.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    A method to full IPR without having to remove everything would be welcome and is long overdue.
    You can't do a full IPR while you remain equipped, even if FC has an evolutionary twinking algorithm that sets your spent IP at perfect levels to achieve (through some form of magic and voodoo) what you have equipped, you should have to do it yourself.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

I approve of these changes.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

• Nano Crystal (Pistol Mastery) can be uploaded and used by Bureaucrats, Doctors, Engineers, and Meta-Physicists
    • The Rihwen's creepy hotdog fingers will hit for more damage, and inflict poison damage
    This made me "YES" like a geek having a nerdgasm, in my work office. Some funny looks were made in my direction
    Scene :: Meta-Physicist :: 220/30/70
    Scenetoo :: Trader :: 204/28/52
    Scentinal :: Enforcer :: 165/22/33
    Scenato :: Keeper :: 136/16/25

AO Universe - by players, for players :: former general of Omni-Pol

So, MP and crat pets had thier timer removed and became permanent, thus voiding the "Engie pets are forever, thats whay you have such high reqs!" argument.
    Now MP pets are being made more powerfull, thus voiding the "But your pets are WAY Stronger!" Argument that MP's and crats switched to after timer removal...

How about dropping 200 points off the engie 220 pet cast reqs for us now that theres absolutely NO reason that Engies should have to swap gear around to cast.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

It's not the engi pet cast reqs I wouldn't mind seeing nerfed, it's the pet BUFF reqs

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Is it all mp pets that are getting its damage adjusted or just one with a lvl req of 220? MPs still have to suffer 220 dings on crappy weak pets (comparatively lvl for lvl pet/char) with the other sl pets being weak and crap. I'm not be against reducing cast times and skill reqs for the lvl locked pets for engie but feel its important not to assume all pets get the rihwen update.

So..when is the next patch for testlive?

You know I have to give credit. Watching people getting bent outta shape over 18.7 and the new engine is still just as much fun today as it was when these things were first announced. Except now I can get a chuckle out of both sides of the coin.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast