Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - March 2015 (Winds of Change~)

Quote Originally Posted by Uaintseenme View Post
    So, MP and crat pets had thier timer removed and became permanent, thus voiding the "Engie pets are forever, thats whay you have such high reqs!" argument.
    Now MP pets are being made more powerfull, thus voiding the "But your pets are WAY Stronger!" Argument that MP's and crats switched to after timer removal...

How about dropping 200 points off the engie 220 pet cast reqs for us now that theres absolutely NO reason that Engies should have to swap gear around to cast.
    Put on an eye symbiant.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Put on an eye symbiant.
    But how will he skillfully press AS without a 300 EOE?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

firstly, i dont use AS, secondly, only my shark engie uses an eoe.
    Even in full alphas i need to swap out 2 huds for casting.

I will accept that my MA engie kinda has it comming, its an odd set up and i knew it wasnt going to make life any easier.
    But on a pretty much cookie cutter pistol set up engie it STILL requires item swaps, its not going to unbalance engies, its just QOL improvements that we've been asking for for a long time, MP's and crats got the issues with thier pets resolved and keepers got thier cast reqs lowerd to ease swap times, I'd like the same please.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Quote Originally Posted by Uaintseenme View Post
    firstly, i dont use AS, secondly, only my shark engie uses an eoe.
    Even in full alphas i need to swap out 2 huds for casting.

I will accept that my MA engie kinda has it comming, its an odd set up and i knew it wasnt going to make life any easier.
    But on a pretty much cookie cutter pistol set up engie it STILL requires item swaps, its not going to unbalance engies, its just QOL improvements that we've been asking for for a long time, MP's and crats got the issues with thier pets resolved and keepers got thier cast reqs lowerd to ease swap times, I'd like the same please.
    imo what engi really needs is masters bidding to be bumped down a bit... say 1000 SI/PM.. that 1300 req really eats IP like a mofo.

But better still, Master's bidding should be changed to MC/TS since that is what all pet classes use to spawn pets.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    But better still, Master's bidding should be changed to MC/TS since that is what all pet classes use to spawn pets.
    Boo! Total adv-hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum View Post
    Boo! Total adv-hate.
    whaaaaaat?

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=268170

Are you trying to tell me that you make a leet pet, NCU buff it and then use MB and.... /pet attack?

I know you're a resourceful player, but this is a bit much. Please tell me you don't buff your leet pets.

It's kind of a cool idea, technically, because MB doesn't require a successful hit to proc. (go figure..) but anyway, seriously are you just pulling my chain?

whaaaaaat?

Are you trying to tell me that you make a leet pet, NCU buff it and then use MB and.... /pet attack?

I know you're a resourceful player, but this is a bit much. Please tell me you don't buff your leet pets.

It's kind of a cool idea, technically, because MB doesn't require a successful hit to proc. (go figure..) but anyway, seriously are you just pulling my chain?
    Oh my. I need to see this, right now.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Oh my. I need to see this, right now.
    Please tell me he's kidding.

But as long as you can buff a leet pet using:

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=269840

Then you could kinda technically boost NCU on a QL 1 pet up to 150 which is almost WTF insanity level twinking for a level 1 toon... but anyway,

If you can do that... Masters bidding is a non prof locked nano....soooooo TECHNICALLY, a non pet prof *should* be able to produce a little MB proc machine.

Normal pet hits would never land, but MB procs regardless (25%) regardless of landed hits which basically makes my brain go a bit crazy.

and... if you were an engi or something, 150 NCU is enough to get a QL 1 leet pet up to... oh, lets see:

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=205249 446 AAO/88 def, 11% root/snare resist for (20 NCU)
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=204370 100AAO +snare for (40 NCU)
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=267608 just for kicks: 25% charm/mezz resist, 300AAD, 1k AC's for (20NCU)
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=270790 for umm lol 280 AAO, 150 add dmg, 60 dmg shields (56 NCU)
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=275016 for 240 inits (1 NCU)

Not sure how much NCU QL 1 pets start with, but all those buffs would fit in 150... MB is 30NCU so probably I'd swap out one of those for MB. I guess the main problem would be lack of HP, but nobody would really think a QL 1 pet would be of much threat. And it wouldn't really.. but 826 AAO is a fair chunk, and you could tweak that a bit with trimmers too.

Whatever. kinda retarded theoretical exercise. I hope I'm wrong but I'm gunna try it tonight in game on my engi since I have a stack of NCU injectors on him.

I don't think you can use NCU injectors on non robot pets, nor can you use trimmers, and I don't think MB procs on misses so you can stop your insane theorycrafting now...

Perhaps more interesting is if trader can buff their 4 pets with MB now that they last for 60 seconds and got an AR boost or whatever.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Very nice...
    Last edited by Zwelgje; Apr 2nd, 2015 at 11:18:05. Reason: Yeah more pistol buffs for everyone.....

Quote Originally Posted by Louderer789 View Post
    I don't think you can use NCU injectors on non robot pets, nor can you use trimmers, and I don't think MB procs on misses so you can stop your insane theorycrafting now...

Perhaps more interesting is if trader can buff their 4 pets with MB now that they last for 60 seconds and got an AR boost or whatever.
    Exactly this..talk about fff scary

Quote Originally Posted by Zwelgje View Post
    Very nice...
    Yes, an extra 30 Pistol for 4 of the profs with the worst AR templates in the game. This is clearly going to upend the balance of power in PvP
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Yes, an extra 30 Pistol for 4 of the profs with the worst AR templates in the game. This is clearly going to upend the balance of power in PvP
    Haha true. And I won't be yelling Nerf-Hammer-AS-Stick ..
    But it might just be that I'd rather had seen a few other weaponlines be opened up more (supported by buffs etc.), just to make those lines matter again or atleast make em a bit more attractive... But who knows, there might be more incomming

WTB heavy weapons for engie with full support.

whaaaaaat?

My post was only partly facetious. L33ts don't have nearly enough NCU, and I don't know of any way to buff it. Source projectors do have the NCU though, which means advs can make use of MB in toe-to-toe duels in SL—something I only ever got about two people to try.

MB can also be cast on any service tower that has enough NCU, but they all have such low AR it doesn't do much. The top advy tower has about 1920 AR though, IIRC, which is enough to get an occasional proc against even high evade profs. (MB doesn't work like weapon procs where it can proc on misses.)
    Last edited by Scum; Apr 2nd, 2015 at 21:50:50.

Testlive Patch Notes: 18.7.0.24

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...11#post6207611

Patch Date: April 2, 2015

This patch has the first main stab at LE Procs, and attempts to address a number of Profession concerns. .25 is currently being worked on, but will *mostly* be bug fixes.

-------------------------------

So I see the .24 patch is on Test Live today, including a variety of research changes for all 14 professions and profession changes for 10 of the 14. Will Doctors, Fixers, Shades and Soldiers be in the .25 Test Live patch along with the bug fixes?

Emma

THESE PATCHES NOTES.

YES MICHI.

Yeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssss
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

THESE PATCHES NOTES.

YES MICHI.

Indeed. Looks awesome so far. Can't wait to try it out.

Great job, Michi!
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

THESE PATCHES NOTES.

YES MICHI.

Quote Originally Posted by sannz View Post
    Indeed. Looks awesome so far. Can't wait to try it out.

Great job, Michi!

Agreed, I am excited for these changes. Cant wait

Holy. Moda. Fokin. Sheet.

Thats it
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast