Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alien Technology Expertise

Alien Technology Expertise

Instead of perking into Alien Technology Expertise 3, could we gain it a different way? (ex) possibly maybe 300k alien kills? or something extreme..or have a quest that reqs different items from different places (ex) all apfs drop 1 item..and have some monster in rk drop a piece? dunno

or is it forever gonna cost 3 AI points to use it?

Clarificationizing

What happened to the suggestion that it was AT3 perked || Alien Level 30?This was back when Means was still holding the carrot on the stick.

I think it was suggested to be:

AT1 @ ai10
    AT2 @ ai20
    AT3 @ ai30
    Last edited by scenenheard; Apr 10th, 2015 at 13:29:47.
    Scene :: Meta-Physicist :: 220/30/70
    Scenetoo :: Trader :: 204/28/52
    Scentinal :: Enforcer :: 165/22/33
    Scenato :: Keeper :: 136/16/25

AO Universe - by players, for players :: former general of Omni-Pol

Do it michi, IF im forced to swap armor for buffing a good pet on mp at least spare me from having to pr at all times
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Yeah agreed bump

Bump some more
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

I like the idea of it unlocking at AIs 10, 20 and 30.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

What about those tl5 twinks who put on ai3 ai armour? Since they can't reach ai30.
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

The quest could still run and allow early access for people who wanted it earlier?

If the 10/20/30 AI Expertise unlocking thing just allows higher level toons to use AI armor without having to perk then that's fine with me, so long as it doesn't stop lower levels from access to AI armor.

Quote Originally Posted by gresh View Post
    The quest could still run and allow early access for people who wanted it earlier?
    I like the idea of the Bazzit quest completion allowing early access to AT3 without grinding out ai30, and it would certainly cover the TL5 twinks issue. Maybe a combination of ai20 and bazzit though - wouldn't want it to be too easy to get
    Last edited by scenenheard; Apr 10th, 2015 at 13:33:30.
    Scene :: Meta-Physicist :: 220/30/70
    Scenetoo :: Trader :: 204/28/52
    Scentinal :: Enforcer :: 165/22/33
    Scenato :: Keeper :: 136/16/25

AO Universe - by players, for players :: former general of Omni-Pol

Quote Originally Posted by scenenheard View Post
    I like the idea of the Bazzit quest completion allowing early access to AT3 without grinding out ai30, and it would certainly cover the TL5 twinks issue. Maybe a combination of ai20 and bazzit though - wouldn't want it to be too easy to get
    Yes certainly, I wouldn't oppose this. A limitation like that wouldn't affect a gimp like me either way ��

Quote Originally Posted by Oliveerz View Post
    What about those tl5 twinks who put on ai3 ai armour? Since they can't reach ai30.
    They would get the first 2 perks "free" and only need to perk AIT3 when wanting to equip/swap gear.

Quote Originally Posted by scenenheard View Post
    AI20 and Bazzit's Quest are both ridiculously easy to attain.
    Bazzit's takes an hour or less, and AI20 is pretty trivial to attain just with dailies.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by wakizaka View Post
    Bazzit's takes an hour or less, and ai20 is pretty trivial to attain just with dailies.
    can it be made more rediculous EASIER...like if youv'e ai20 then npc just let you bypass quest...like ergos on progression for sl to sl zones. ^_^
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Perhaps i'm getting all this wrong, but what i'de like is to wear stuff like armor etc WITHOUT having to put 3 perks into ai expertise, i still think you you should do the quest as usual to get access to perk 3, and when reaching level X the "right" to wear stuff requiring level Y of ai tech for "free".
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Apr 10th, 2015 at 18:59:30.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Definitely bump. And I don't even really care how this gets handled (quest or automatically with x alien levels), just do it please.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Make it so, my 150s still dont have this quest...
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Another idea -which might be simpler to implement - is to just remove the Alien Tech Perk line, and replace the Alien Tech requirement with an AI level requirement. The benefit to this approach is that using AI lvl as a requirement is already in the game (unlike a perk that automatically levels up). The level requirement could be determined like this:

REQ = QL/10 - 7

This is a very simplistic version of the ideal answer, but you get where I'm going with this. This approach solves the problem of needing to perk reset to equip gear, but unfortunately add the problems of making the bazzit questline useless. Maybe it could just be converted into one of those quests that gives unique rewards for each profession later down the road.

Also, I just wanted to throw this out there, but it's probably not a problem. Would being able to hotswap AI armor lead to any unintended buffs? I cant think of any, but you guys would know better than me.
    Lilkueg 220/26/6x Opifex Shade
    Kuegen 211/11 Atrox Enforcer
    And Many More!

bazzit quest on all toons is obviously obsolete, but. people these days, in the spirit of change, are quick to demand removal of this and that but always forget to recapitulate what purpose the thing to remove actually served. i'd even go so far to say they only see that it limits them, and that this limitation annoys them and that suffices to call for game changes. come on people, you can do better than that. ai tech perks are there for a reason. if you want them gone, you need to rework at least, at the very least, the armor misery. please try not to solve that one with the request to remove ai armor, too, hmkay?

Xootch,
    You do not get the point.
    Nobody wants Bazzit quest removed, but this is about "free AI tech. perks" some professions need to swap some gear with AI tech req. and at the same tme would love to have 3 lines of AI perks trained.
    That means either they have to reperk often or can not keep 3 full lines (of 10 alien perks) trained all the time.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast