Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alien Technology Expertise

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    ... and to implement a bundle of band aid fixes for a problem that doesn't exist is a no no hell nOOOoooooOOOoooooo. to say the least.
    Totally agree, everything and every changes doesn't matter what always brings both good and bad with it. The good must outweigh the bad in order to be a good idea. But again the majority is the mainstream, and the mainstream is a bunch of blind and stupid motherf@@@@@s who can only sees and believes in good things, and are unable to includes bad things that also causes by any changes before conclusion, this is history repeating itself. It is a waste of time to argue with people who can only sees one thing due to they are unable to think on both good and bad things at the same times.

However, I vote NO for this changes because if FC continues fixing nonsenses stuff then they will be in a catch 24/7 situation, or they maybe are in this situation already. Theres other crucial issues FC should focus their time, (tiny) resources and manpowers on, for the good of AO as a whole.
    Last edited by UNIDENTIFIED; Apr 14th, 2015 at 22:12:53.
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

Quote Originally Posted by Litestrider View Post
    You also just keep flatly trying to claim that this issue doesn't exist, but I haven't seen you properly address the annoyances and frustrations that cause people to want this change in the first place, and you're speaking in nothing but hyperbole and vagueness (and I know I'm far from innocent there myself). This is not a productive way to carry on a discussion.
    what issue?

what issue?
    The current implementation of the Alien Technology Expertise perk is needlessly restrictive, forcing players to go through multiple perk resets to equip an item. It should be reimplemented in a way that avoids this while still restricting hotswapping, or it should be done away with.

The current implementation of the Alien Technology Expertise perk is needlessly restrictive, forcing players to go through multiple perk resets to equip an item. It should be reimplemented in a way that avoids this while still restricting hotswapping, or it should be done away with.
    that's not an issue, that is working as intended

that's not an issue, that is working as intended
    And anything intentional is automatically correct and good, right?

The implementation is bad. It adds restrictions which themselves add nothing to the game or experience, and there's a plethora of ways to design it which circumvent these issues while achieving whatever they "intended".

You've still said nothing about the issue itself or even acknowledged any of the arguments laid before you, you're just crossing your arms and saying "no". That's not an argument, that's just being obnoxious.

that is your opinion. i disagree. and apparently, so do some other people.

and tbh i haven't heard anything remotely explaining why it should be messed with. not liking something is not enough to have it changed. especially if you are not even aware of the implications.

What's the problem? AI expansion has been released for years and the AT3 requirements was designed to be worked this way...
    You want advantage to frequently swapping AI armor? Drawback is to invest additional perk point onto AT3. End of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliveerz View Post
    Removing the ai tech req is both good and bad, because as some people has stated, people will hotswap their whole armor (if they are not heavily twinked) for the purpose of castning nanos at desired moment. This would build up another set of stress in the gameplay. WHICH could be good, and bad. Some MA's complain at the amount of hotswaps required for alphaing, now imagine people hotswapping entire armor sets when they for instance get drained in order to cast their spells. It could be challenging and fun, but it would set the standard of all pvping to have that emergancy nano set available.

I like the suggestion made by Litestrider by having a 5sec lock on each ai armor equipped. Or at least 2s, which COULD remove the need to swap in mid-battle because of the hassle, but still help those who need those extra nanoskills when casting pets/nanos/etc.
    Been avoiding this thread because honestly, I see no issue with the current system aside from the Quest being boring as sin.

But Oliveerz raises a very valid point here regarding draining. This is something that already happens with some exceptional PvPers who keep AIT3 perked for this exact reason and it actually undermines Trader defence to an astonishing degree, especially vs some profs who don't actually rely on weapons too much and just run CSS for AS modifiers.

Making this available to everyone without any downside would cripple Traders.

So no thnx.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

that is your opinion. i disagree. and apparently, so do some other people.
    So you disagree. Then explain. This is what I've been trying to get you to do. Tell me what it is that having to reset your perks to train AI tech, put on your armor, reset your perks again, then train perks you actually use adds to the game. How does it make it fun, engaging or challenging, and why should it not be removed?

and tbh i haven't heard anything remotely explaining why it should be messed with. not liking something is not enough to have it changed. especially if you are not even aware of the implications.
    So you're saying that you completely ignored my earlier post (as well as the others in the thread) detailing the problem, why it should be changed, and some example strategies which could change it without bothering the potential issue of hotswapping?

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Been avoiding this thread because honestly, I see no issue with the current system aside from the Quest being boring as sin.

But Oliveerz raises a very valid point here regarding draining. This is something that already happens with some exceptional PvPers who keep AIT3 perked for this exact reason and it actually undermines Trader defence to an astonishing degree, especially vs some profs who don't actually rely on weapons too much and just run CSS for AS modifiers.

Making this available to everyone without any downside would cripple Traders.

So no thnx.
    What about fixing it without going the "hotswaps for everyone!" route? Like the equip-time solution mentioned in the post your quoted, or any other way of implementing it such that equipping the armor is unhindered while hotswapping it is.

And is it really moving three perks that makes those PvPers exceptional? I'm interested in why they can perk AI Tech and undermine traders while others can't. It doesn't seem like the perks are the issue, if anything I would think it would simply be the expense of owning two sets of AI armor, a perfect comms relay, and so on, I doubt the perks are even a concern. If this is the case, I think your opposition would be better directed toward AI armor in general rather than the AI tech perks! Though of course we know that complaint has been going on for years and they won't listen when we say we want fewer "end-all-be-all" items.

So you disagree. Then explain. This is what I've been trying to get you to do. Tell me what it is that having to reset your perks to train AI tech, put on your armor, reset your perks again, then train perks you actually use adds to the game. How does it make it fun, engaging or challenging, and why should it not be removed?
    if you don't listen to me, listen to someone else:

Quote Originally Posted by Transform View Post
    What's the problem? AI expansion has been released for years and the AT3 requirements was designed to be worked this way...
    You want advantage to frequently swapping AI armor? Drawback is to invest additional perk point onto AT3. End of the story.
    as for...
    So you're saying that you completely ignored my earlier post (as well as the others in the thread) detailing the problem, why it should be changed, and some example strategies which could change it without bothering the potential issue of hotswapping?
    ignored is not the right word. i read it but did not find anything noteworthy or the part, as you put it, "detailing the problem, why it should be changed" in the first place.

it works as it should and there is nothing wrong with it. period. and if you disagree with that, make a reasonable argument. saying we can overcome this and that problem with a change that was unnecessary in the first place is not a reasonable argument. you're mixing up the roles. its not me who has to tell you why it has to stay, its you who has to convince people why it should be changed.
    Last edited by Xootch; Apr 17th, 2015 at 00:23:29.

There is no problem with the current system if u want to be able to swap AI items that's what the perks are for use them if u don't want to keep AI3 perked then that's your choice.Anyone thinking that it should be done away with it would be no different if i said we should do away with weapon perks i wanna be able to swap my weapons with out using my perk points make no sense. I do understand you would love to perk those points to something else who wouldn't but it all comes down to choice one you have to make.If u want to swap items easily try WoW.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123