Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trader Suggestion Thread - Updated for 18.7.xx

Just bumping, with all those traders back I've been reminded of a problem I had long forgotten

"better program already running"

Would be nice if we could get at least the beneficial part of drains, I've had enough being oe and unable to cast CP/IS in raids because another trader is draining.

(I suppose complaining about 250ish nomads resisting any of my nano even with CM and LE nano hud on and me having to spam drains for 20 sec before being effective though drains are supposed to land more easily won't count)

Another important suggestion... Having to compete with people on the IAPU as the only option is hard, would be nice if we could TS the DKP into PDKP another "reliable" way.
    Last edited by appolonia; Jun 26th, 2015 at 23:04:31.
    220/70/30 OpiFix - Useless PVM Ex RK Queen
    220/80/30 TroxDoc - Alpha Brain @soon !
    220/80/30 SoliEngi - TSing everything
    220/70/30 SoliTrader - MA >>>> Shottie
    220/80/30 Crat - Why the hell do other profs still exist ?

And tons of alts !

I do not know if this was suggested but here it is... New nano, 215+only

Drain DOF/Limber.

If running either trader drains it for 40 seconds and returns it to trader for 40s naturally.

This would go a long way in making trader viable against professions that are generaly immune to traders, that is advy, fixer, shade, MA. All of these trader cannot perk and all 4 can readily alpha a trader in time of their immunity.

Then theyd have a choice be run dof limber and risk buffing trader or stay resonably vulnerable while destroying poor trader.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

I think that would be a bit much. Not only that but dof/limber only lasts 30 seconds. If anything maybe a dof limber drain of 15 seconds would be reasonable. But i would much rather have a more reliable def against all profs instead of just acrobat profs. And i would rather it not have to be another nano to chain cast added to the heap of other things we have to cycle through.

Yeah, except he isn't wrong, Raggy. Sorry. It is very nice that the CP/IS actively affects the damage performance of mobs. No question.

However, the PvP aspect is stupid. The fact that the best PvM nanos were moved to a PvP only acquisition model is just incompetent. And to be fair, since I restarted my trader again and have to go through the motions, I find that being a complete laughing stock in PvP just so I can bring my trader to a useful state again is pretty damned silly. It seems to me that someone in the development group either doesn't like traders, doesn't know what they are doing or just doesn't care.

The idea that people are asking for parity is akin to us asking to be better than all other classes is a bit of a straw man argument. We're already well behind other classes as it is in virtually every aspect of the game. The ONLY way, the ONLY way, that we have something to offer now is being a totem umbral (as before) while having 2 new nanos to throw that buffs up our offense while lowering the mob's defense. In doing so, we gain a lot of crit power, which, as I have witnessed on the new hard Inf missions, gives me the power to actually draw aggro away from conventional DD classes.

Considering that almost all other classes have some sort of passive, active or pet related defenses, they can probably handle soloing one of these mobs, but all we get is some lottery research health drains, accumulator procs and one DD/heal nano. In order for the accum procs to be of any use, you have to shoot fast and to do that, you have to be almost full agg. Without that defense, we're not going to last very long unless you get very lucky with a lot of crits, which requires you to cast your AAD/AAO drains and refresh the abolish line and buff up your own armor. Our lack of defense makes this scenario quite bonkers.

You may think we're all sparkles and gravy now, but I can assure you that as an active trader trying to catch back up, we're a long way from even being on par with the rest of the classes. That is all that Brandonj was saying, and I don't think he's wrong at all.
    -----------------------------------
    The few, the proud...the Traders.
    -----------------------------------

Maartens - 220 Mogul and former gadfly of Rimor. Now I'm just a major n00b.

In defeat, malice. In victory, revenge!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123