Thread: Choice of breed

Choice of breed

He fellow Advys,

I have just recently completed my levels and was thinking about a breed change from solitus to either opi or nm and would like to ask, what your thoughts on this are like?

My focus will be pvp and I would especially like to know whether there are changes to the breeds on test that would make a difference in the breed selection after 18.7 hits live.

Cheers
    Zix
    SPARTANS
    We bow down before no man.
    Recruiting Thread | Website

There are a lot of breed changes incoming... Personally I would wait till that patch hits Live. But with the given data, I'd go Opi for PvP in general, Soli perhaps for mass PvP support, Trox if you like to dual or gank, NM mass PvP to annoy people ... Take you pick. There is a nice thread about these changes and there pro and cons. Might want to check the Patch note post up-top in this section.

In general, Perks have been switched a bit and stats reworked.
    All breeds have at least one Damage perk

Trox: High offence at a cost (1x Damage perk, 2 Self buffs Offensive, 1x Self buff Defensive)
    High Gank value, full-on offensive at the cost of hugely lowered defences, will need to be used with more caution.

Opi: Great offence (2x damage perk, 1x Damage/de-buff other, 1x De-buff other)
    most important part there is that they check for less def so they will hit more reliably. Might therefore be the best option in PvP/ if you want to get hits, without giving up defences.

Soli: Balanced but more towards defence (1x Damage buff, 1x Self buff, 1x Self HoT/NoT, 1x Team buff)
    is a very solid balance between offence and defence

NM: Balanced but might be more towards offensive (1x Damage perk, 1x Damage/de-buff other, 1x de-buff, 1x Self buff Defensive)
    Good/ great defence with it's Reflect but also packing 3 offensive perks.

This were just the perks, but you will also have there benefits (or negative effects) with each breed on IP expenditure and maximum reachable skills.

Trox is cheapest to IP for Abilities, better for Melee, but you will have less evades etc.
    Opi is most expensive in Abilities but best for most ranged weapons, specials and evade.
    Soli is kinda balanced
    NM has it a tad easier in the nano department, treatment and CL.
    Last edited by Zwelgje; Apr 17th, 2015 at 09:55:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwelgje View Post
    Trox is cheapest to IP for Abilities, better for Melee, but you will have less evades etc.
    Opi is most expensive in Abilities but best for most ranged weapons, specials and evade.
    Soli is kinda balanced
    NM has it a tad easier in the nano department, treatment and CL.
    I think my Opifex Melee Advy has ~3M IP spare currently. Not exactly lacking in that department.
    Also, Opi has 9 more treatment over NM @ 220.
    As for Opi v Atrox for Melee, Opi only loses on 45 Brawling, 12 1HE, and 58 Body Dev. Everything else that matters, Opi has more of.

You can check out the Breed v Breed comparisons on Lotekk's trickle calculator.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

i dont think ip expenditure is really an issue for advies. it comes down to breed perks and breedlocked gear (nm coon).

the first question you should be asking yourself is if you want to invest in breed perks. if yes, which ones? do you want to run around MRing people or would you prefer having access to sphere/survival? i believe opi lost the blind and the nm breed perks still don't look like something i'd give up cola/conc for. NM have access to a 5k absorb though so if you DO go nm it'd be for that.

Thank you guys for the replies so far!

Well not sure about the breed perks but I think I would like to keep me defenses up a bit more so prolly not going to go for trox.
    Currently I'm tending to Opi or even NM if that isn't too defensive as I would sure like to get into some duels and BS as well as any NW should it ever occur in TL7 again

Also I should add that I am ranged and going to stay so too
    Last edited by Iorekzix; Apr 17th, 2015 at 14:01:49.
    SPARTANS
    We bow down before no man.
    Recruiting Thread | Website