Thread: 18.7 coming to live servers, but...

18.7 coming to live servers, but...

Hello all,

As 18.7 coming to live tuesday, i'm expecting whining treads will start about MPs and how OP they're in pvp. (dual wield shields, high AR pet, dmg to pet nanos, capped AS tigress etc.)

But what about PvE side of game? Do you think this changes will give us a spot on team for any raid?
    Damage? Yep we got improvement but still other prof.s has more utility with damage to bring team than mp.
    Debuffs? Dont think so, still other prof.s has more to give than mp.
    Buffs? Nah, buff 8h duration on composites, then bye MP.
    CC ? Nop.

Probably wont be a big problem to old endgame MPs as we already had a chance to to farm/get items etc. with orgs.
    But leveling or new 220s will have problems imo.

What you guys thinking about that?

PS: Sorry for my English.
    "...corrupta est autem terra coram Deo..."

Replax - 220 Soldier * Astoreth - 220 Adventurer * Astorethx - 220 MP
    Astocrat - 220 Crat * Astormech - 220 Engineer * Otwar - 220 MA
    Astoreth1 - 220 Keeper * Astorhade - 220 Shade * Astangel - 220 NT

This is interesting, and I think it applies not only to MPs, but to most profs who aren't Enf/Doc/Sold/Crat/Shade. Basically, if you have those five, you can do anything (except 12m, for which you need a keeper). Hopefully, as 18.7.x develops, more and more profs will be "useful" once again.

Not an answer to your question, just an opinion
    Protektor- Engydoggy- Spydoggy- RealMadrid - Some others.
    Rolling around RK since Dec 2001.
    ¡Se habla español!

I feel quite usefull in team with 18.7
    About debuffs worth -1000 damage that work with -inits from other profs, finally.
    A combined -init of about -500 from procs + nanos that stack with other profs init debuffs.
    A pet that kicks hard, gives us good damage even if we use shields, better weapon options, specially with 1hb as that line has now opened up fully.
    Some healing, both from healpet and faster recharge from perks, add to that that we also give team nano from perks.

NSD, not at all sure if Michi made it affect stuff that matters now, we'll see about that.

+ a few other things i'm missing i guess, what's there not to like? Big step into the right direction
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

I have mixed feelings about this.

Sure, almost every other prof still does more dmg or has more useful debuffs (as in: you wouldn't replace your crat or doc with an MP), but as nanoforcer said, our debuffs finally stack! So in raids people might finally feel the absence of an MP, when the mob hits for a lot more than it does when an MP is around. Our healpet got a boost as well so it can be considered as a nice support for docs when they have to heal 2+ teams alone or aren't 215+ yet. The faster recharge on the SS Perkline is pretty awesome as well. In high level it might not affect that many profs or breed-prof-combos rather, but in lower levels it will be very nice. Including for the MPs themselves.

Still, when it comes to 6 girl teams, MPs will still be left behind (like many others). Lowlvl MPs won't care about the Rihwen Tiers or the 11sec on the Tigress either. So I suppose the leveling experience for MPs will hardly change.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

I actually think we'll be in pretty good shape here. In full DD setups, we'll be competitive (if not quite equal to) the top tier DD professions. We can debuff inits by 522 (261 from wrath abatement, 261 from the proc) and damage by about 1,000, as well as Dazzle With Lights. Our healing won't generally be make or break to a team, but it can make life easier. And our nano-heals are up to 3,900 nano/minute, and there are professions that will appreciate that now.

As far as leveling, MPs have always been good up through TL4, and with the DtP/improved heal pet healing/SL pet nano-scaling/attack pet HP buffs/pet heal reactivity/longer duration and shorter recharge on SL damage debuffs/improved mezz pet mezz chance to land, TL 5 and 6 MPs will see a big overall improvement. A reasonably equipped, competently played MP will be a great addition to any team at any level with 18.7. And while this may be optimistic, I think people will catch on pretty fast that we're a lot more useful now.

mp seem to be perfect from testings on testlive servers, much dmg now if you can swap tigres and shield. with tigress you are a pretty good dmg dealer in pvm now.
    what concerns me is the mp pet that should have a little decrease in attack rate before relsease or i fear they nerf us to much later.

Still having complaint on T3 monkey reqs.

Why on earth are we now the only pet prof that needs gear swap to cast our top pet?

P.S.
    I do have a froob trader buff monkey, but still...
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Still having complaint on T3 monkey reqs.

Why on earth are we now the only pet prof that needs gear swap to cast our top pet?

P.S.
    I do have a froob trader buff monkey, but still...
    Engineers have had to do it for years and years. Difference is, the T3 Rihwen is actually worth it since it's overall better than the Widow.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Engineers have had to do it for years and years. Difference is, the T3 Rihwen is actually worth it since it's overall better than the Widow.
    So, now we have to do it "for years", because "that's how we roll in AO"? This is not good enough reason.
    It should be hard to cast, but not insanely hard like this.

P.S.
    We need some weird **** to cast this, not a simple swap of an item or two (or CM from a MP, if you are engie).

P.P.S.
    BTW, where's my Notum Scrotum?

/snip - BTW, where's my Notum Scrotum?
    Hands OFF the Scrotum, that's had Crat written all over it for years!
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Engineers have had to do it for years and years.
    It's hilarious if you actually believe that

So, now we have to do it "for years", because "that's how we roll in AO"? This is not good enough reason.
    It should be hard to cast, but not insanely hard like this.

P.S.
    We need some weird **** to cast this, not a simple swap of an item or two (or CM from a MP, if you are engie).

P.P.S.
    No, you miss the point. You now have to do it to gain access to a pet that is actually better. It's meant to be a form of progression. If it was stupid easy to use and gain access to, there would be no point to the other 2 tiers of pet and we'd all be better off just buffing the current Rihwen by XYZ%

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    It's hilarious if you actually believe that
    I had to swap a chunk of stuff to cast most of my stuff on my Engy. Granted she was in a PvP equip.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

I had to swap a chunk of stuff to cast most of my stuff on my Engy. Granted she was in a PvP equip.
    You had to swap to cast pets? Or to cast pet buffs? Also, exactly, a PvP setup. You likely had an AS eye in. We're in full nanoskill setups and still need things like Phulaks and Hud/Util swaps.

T3 is just not worth it imo, minimal dmg/ar difference, and traders can make u OE if double drained. T2 performs well over what can be expected.

And 6-7 BS rounds later i was 124 solo kills richer, nerf us :S
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

Well, do you have to do it now?
    Last edited by -Klod-; Apr 21st, 2015 at 23:09:20.

At other end of SL pet scale my MP dinged 150 tonight and was able to cast 180 Biazu with only a 33 wrangle. CoNC 8 + NanoDoctorate 3, running brain/surviving eye/working rhand symbs (overdue replacing), nelebs robe and 150 LE nano hud all i have for nanoskill buffing. So 4 tiers of Biazu skipped, reqs could perhaps do a slight increase here in order to keep some progression interest or at least to work to find a trader for a bigger wrangle!

P.P.S.
    No idea. The answer I had was: not in patch 18.7.0 I hope it is still comming though.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.