Thread: 18.7 Patching Issues

18.7 Patching Issues

Anyone else facing issues patching 18.7 ? Keeps disconnecting with an error reading : "An unrecoverable error occurred during patching. You might have to reinstall Anarchy Online to play"

Checksum error here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasiwabantai View Post
    Anyone else facing issues patching 18.7 ? Keeps disconnecting with an error reading : "An unrecoverable error occurred during patching. You might have to reinstall Anarchy Online to play"
    I'm just getting "Patch failed: Old file not found."
    Apparently there is someting wrong with my "cd_image\gui\default\" folder.. dont know how to fix it ?

EDIT: Its the TextColor.xml and CharPrefs.xml that are im getting error from..
    Last edited by Pixeld; Apr 21st, 2015 at 15:51:20.
    Some say it's impossible.
    I say it's the future.

my patch failed is also in the cd_image but it is referring to a missing planetmap file "cd-image/textures/PlanetMap/MapCoordinates.xml

Quote Originally Posted by amblinman View Post
    my patch failed is also in the cd_image but it is referring to a missing planetmap file "cd-image/textures/PlanetMap/MapCoordinates.xml
    Here is the root MapCoordinates.xml for 18.6.20: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ybjxzlu76l...nates.zip?dl=0

"An unrecoverable error occurred during patching. You might have to re-install Anarchy Online to play"

keep getting that to, and I tried to re-install it. Any idea's?

more of the same here. Unable to patch the game
    Stanimir Borgeski (203/30/48) - General in Clan Stronghold

Is the MapCoordinates.xml from \cd_image\textures\planetmap\normal the same as from \cd_image\textures\planetmap? I'm guessing not because after replacing my MapCoordinates.xml it's now saying the one in the normal folder is incorrect as well. Can someone post a fresh one of those too please.
    Gaveup 220/30/80 Smg

"An unrecoverable error occurred during patching. You might have to re-install Anarchy Online to play"

same issue

so what's the easy fixer patch ..baby step by step for this?
    Last edited by Hokutonoken; Apr 22nd, 2015 at 13:28:30.
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

I have completely unistalled and re-installed.. and it STILL aborts at the 18.6.20_EP1 to 18.7.0_EP1 -- this is rediculous. I wana play!
    Stanimir Borgeski (203/30/48) - General in Clan Stronghold

For some reason, i was able to patch after restarting my pc after every error occurred. Keep downloading/re-downloading the patch even if the error occurs repeatedly. At some point it will manage to patch through. Not sure if this works for other people. Good Luck.

Having issues here as well - first it stumbled over my text colours .. got a clean gui file and copied that, set the text colors back to default with crayon. Then it was the option panel. So I copied the old ones back in, now it's the text colors again.
    I'm on a break here atm, but I still want to update the game since I have a paid account ... so it would be nice to be able and do this without having to download the whole client again and do some really ridiculous amount of patching.
    Could someone please post a gui folder with a link that works? Thanks!

Thay
    Thaylia - Martial Artist
    Spellseeker - Nanotechnician
    Kahja - Doctor

"Authenticity is achieved by saying what you´re doing, and doing what you´re saying." - Johannes Rau
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Socializer 80%, Explorer 53%, Achiever 53%, Killer 13%

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Kasiwabantai View Post
    For some reason, i was able to patch after restarting my pc after every error occurred. Keep downloading/re-downloading the patch even if the error occurs repeatedly. At some point it will manage to patch through. Not sure if this works for other people. Good Luck.
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/qi4y6j...tq/LICKAO.jpg#

so HOW man "C"Lick do it takes "Mr. AO" to get to the patch to work?
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Its about time the Anarchy Online team either upload clean gui and maps folders for every major patch or they need to make it possible to overwrite conflicting files. As it is now it horrible that users have to rely on each other for sharing pre-patch files. I will later upload a clean normal map, but I am currently testing Windows 10 and do not have my files here(on a disconnected drive)

Downloaded "" AOPatch_v18.6.20_EP1-v18.7.0_EP1 "" from the patch server as suggested by in game friend. Unpacked and patched just like it should..... What a pain!!!!1one one!!!!

Good luck,

NMX

Dowloading a clean GUI for 18.6 and replacing my custom TextColors.xml with that version solved my patching issues.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...-6-x-Clean-GUI
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix